Elections Elon Musk exposes what happened to the Hunter Biden Story

Not even the tards on r/conspiracy are buying these wolf tickets. One of their conspiracies is that Elon is doing this to distract from not following through with his own "free speech" promises.

Admittance and transparency. Tell the truth that it was to hell Biden

But they did. These revelations by Must show that Twitter decided to follow their own rules regarding leaked material and not host the content.

And this content does appear to be hacked or otherwise unlawfully obtained material, on the grounds that the man responsible for first mentioning it, Rudy Giuliani, has subsequently been disbarred for lying about this topic. And to this day, over two years later, has still refused to say exactly what he supposedly saw on the laptop obtained by a blind MAGA computer repairman.

i cant see any reason to downplay any of this until everything has come out. it has always seemed likely that this story had credibility to reasonable people.

So far from what we've received I'm not impressed, but open to see remaining information because of how, interesting, of a character Hunter appears to be. Apparently info will be released in "segments" or so and tomorrow is another "wave". This current one pretty much added nothing new except the same stuff we already knew, so I'm curious to see if the later wave(s) have more impactful information or if Elon is "saving the best for last" or if we already see the best he has. If there was ever a time to wait and see what's coming out before hammering the nails this would be it. Someone is gonna be eating serious crow after this is all done and we have no clue who it is yet.

So far from what we've received I'm not impressed, but open to see remaining information because of how, interesting, of a character Hunter appears to be. Apparently info will be released in "segments" or so and tomorrow is another "wave". This current one pretty much added nothing new except the same stuff we already knew, so I'm curious to see if the later wave(s) have more impactful information or if Elon is "saving the best for last" or if we already see the best he has. If there was ever a time to wait and see what's coming out before hammering the nails this would be it. Someone is gonna be eating serious crow after this is all done and we have no clue who it is yet.
Elon didn't promise to reveal new details about Hunter Biden's dealings; he promised to reveal the suppression done by Twitter regarding the story.

If we've already learned from the first tediously dropped tweets that no government officials were responsible for telling Twitter to stifle the Hunter laptop, and instead it was a decision made by Twitter's legal department, following their policy on hacked materials, where do we go from there to get a scandal, unless Taibbi does a complete 180 tomorrow?

Libs: if I don’t see it on CNN it must be nothing, or not true!
No liberal said that.

I understand. I do. Imagine if this was true: "Joe Biden White House colludes with Twitter to silence the Hunter Biden story!" Oh, the red meat! it would be enough for The Liver King to feast on! And you guys are HUNGRY!

Too bad all that happened was you got ass blasted by wet farts from Taibbi and Musk. But you won't let that get you down. Being inveterate liars, you'll just make the most of it and play more make believe. "Ohh, the scandal of the century! It's worse than Obamagate and it's more horrifying than The Bowling Green Massacre!"

Womp womp.

Admittance and transparency. Tell the truth that it was to hell Biden

I don't think anyone doubts that Biden asked them to take down stolen naked pictures of his son. Not sure how that is supposed to be held against him.

Elon didn't promise to reveal new details about Hunter Biden's dealings; he promised to reveal the suppression done by Twitter regarding the story.

Yea that's what I'm talking about. Given that we don't actually "know" what the remaining information is for all we know Hunter himself sent Twitter a DM to bury it (Veryyyy unlikely just saying etc). He's set the bar high on this "Hunter story was suppressed" being the real deal, so I'm expecting there has to be more in these upcoming waves. If this is the extent of what we're getting but in different ways then I think it'll be a massive letdown to say the least.

If we've already learned from the first tediously dropped tweets that no government officials were responsible for telling Twitter to stifle the Hunter laptop, and instead it was a decision made by Twitter's legal department, following their policy on hacked materials, where do we go from there to get a scandal, unless Taibbi does a complete 180 tomorrow?

Exactly. It almost feels like this can't be it right? This would be like having your boss tell you you're getting an unexpected raise, only to walk into the office and he tells you your pay is going up 0.8% next year. I mean yea it's something, but you might as well have not wasted my time. A part of me thinks Elon has to be to smart to know this and is holding onto something major, milking the suspense until the "final drop" or something. That's the only thing that makes sense other than we'll all be here wasting time while he gets mass usage numbers for Twitter. But we have to see it until the end either way.

Ha, looks like CNN is indeed writing about it, and writing about it accurately:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/02/tech/musk-twitter-hunter-biden/index.html

For days, Twitter owner Elon Musk had teased a massive bombshell disclosure based on internal company documents that he claimed would reveal “what really happened” inside Twitter when it decided to temporarily suppress a 2020 New York Post story about Hunter Biden and his laptop.

But on Friday, instead of releasing a trove of documents to the public, Musk’s big reveal pointed to a series of tweets by the journalist Matt Taibbi, who had been provided with emails that largely corroborated what was already known about the incident.

Attracting thousands of retweets, Taibbi’s winding tweet thread reaffirmed how, in the initial hours after the Post story went live, Twitter employees grappled with fears that it could have been the result of a Russian hacking operation.

It showed employees on Twitter’s legal, policy and communications teams debating – and at times disagreeing – over whether to restrict the article under the company’s hacked materials policy, weeks before the 2020 election, where Joe Biden, Hunter Biden’s father, ran against then-President Donald Trump.

While some questioned the basis for the decision and warned that Twitter would be inviting allegations of anti-conservative bias, others within the company, including senior officials, said the circumstances surrounding the Post story were unclear and recommended caution, according to screenshots of internal communications shared by Taibbi.

(Then-CEO Jack Dorsey – whom Taibbi said was not involved in the decision – has told US lawmakers that in hindsight, suppressing the story was a mistake.)

The emails Taibbi obtained are consistent with what former Twitter site integrity head Yoel Roth told journalist Kara Swisher in an onstage interview earlier this week. During that interview, Roth said he felt at the time that the Post reporting bore the hallmarks of a Russian hack-and-leak operation, an assessment that was shared at the time by dozens of former US intelligence officials. Roth did not respond to CNN’s request for comment.

The Taibbi posts undercut a top claim by Musk and Republicans, who have accused the FBI of leaning on social media companies to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop stories.

Musk tweeted Friday night, amid the Taibbi posts, that Twitter had acted “under orders from the government.”

Taibbi said in his series of tweets that “there is no evidence - that I’ve seen - of any government involvement in the laptop story.”

Team Chud takes another L.

If thats true then I think Trump should be arrested, but I also didn't follow much of the election shenanigans. I said Trump lost after the 1st night and he's pathetic for not taking his loss like a man.

I find threads like this one, big tech censorship of unapproved material, more interesting and more important to me as an individual. That's partly due to my own background in tech and being a fan dystopian fiction.

Trump's never going to prison for anything, pretty sure we all know that. The list of reasons he's been called a threat to democracy is long and proven but half the country doesn't want to hear about it and a decent size chunk of the other half doesn't care enough about politics to care about this.

The phone call was reviewed in the January 6th hearings and it all by itself should have landed Trump in prison. He was pressuring election officials to lie about the counts, not that it's even possible. The most damning part is at 13 minutes but you should listen to the whole thing. Those are Republicans testifying.

This is Gabriel Sterling (R) talking about the death threats inspired by Trump's claims.

Along theses same lines, I've repeatedly spoken out on the conservative position on the FBI getting involved investigating death threats on school board members. You can find hundreds of videos of people talking about the situation just from last year, and I would have thought that this was heinous enough we could all agree this was actual terrorism. I was told people get death threats all the time and it's no big deal. I will never understand that position, never.

Yea that's what I'm talking about. Given that we don't actually "know" what the remaining information is for all we know Hunter himself sent Twitter a DM to bury it (Veryyyy unlikely just saying etc). He's set the bar high on this "Hunter story was suppressed" being the real deal, so I'm expecting there has to be more in these upcoming waves. If this is the extent of what we're getting but in different ways then I think it'll be a massive letdown to say the least.

Exactly. It almost feels like this can't be it right? This would be like having your boss tell you you're getting an unexpected raise, only to walk into the office and he tells you your pay is going up 0.8% next year. I mean yea it's something, but you might as well have not wasted my time. A part of me thinks Elon has to be to smart to know this and is holding onto something major, milking the suspense until the "final drop" or something. That's the only thing that makes sense other than we'll all be here wasting time while he gets mass usage numbers for Twitter. But we have to see it until the end either way.

It doesn't really matter to a large extent, sadly. Right-wing media's ability to spin shit is impressive, and their right-wing viewers are overwhelmingly low-information troglodytes. They can Swift Boat and Benghazi anything. Guys like Greenwald, with a (thin) veneer of respectability, will keep going on Fox, throw out some buzz words like "free speech" and "1st amendment" and voila, Grandma insists Joe Biden is involved in a huge scandal that his Hollywood liberal enablers at Twitter are in cahoots with him on. She'll never get the full details and if you try to give them to her she'll start crying. She'll get egged on by all the fantasists: "OMG liberals are shook! This is disgusting, look at them reeeeeeee! So triggered! Exposed!" This will be aided by the fact that Musk, ostensibly the world's richest man, is involved, who already has a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg list of bullshit failed promises to his name, which his stans will conveniently overlook. What's one more?

Back