Elon Musk criticizes Covid Tests

some places the hospitals are starting to fill up, but it's not been a real issue yet. America has more capacity due to the for profit nature. We have so many dying because we really do a very good job at keeping barely alive people alive and now Covid is taking them out. Again because living people pay dead people don't.

Kanban/Scrum says you're full of shit and 'for profit' has the opposite effect.

Musk is a fucking imbecile. He shares a lot with Trump and I will never understand why so many people obsess over him.
because he's a genius? He's essentially another version of steve jobs, people will shit on him till the day he dies.

Kanban/Scrum says you're full of shit and 'for profit' has the opposite effect.
IDK who Kanban/Scrum are.
We are pretty far of everyone else in the world in ICU capacity besides Germany which is still a decent ways behind us
960x0.jpg

I take everything Elon says with a grain of salt. The tests have shown issues. I wonder how much is the tests and how much is people not following directions (saliva test) or protocol (nasal). When i had it, I did both tests and both came back positive.
Human error is definitely the reason for the issues. I’ve had 4 tests now and they’ve all been accurate. My brothers college baseball all tested positive and then were retested and only one or two tested negative.

Why? You a democrat?
He's been fighting with COVID issues in California at his factory. He's hardly a reliable source right now. No doubt he's worried that COVID going to crush his profits. I still wonder how he did 4 tests in one day and got the results back in a day.

Elon Musk is like a high functioning idiot. Instead of actually examining the specificity and sensitivity of the tests and directly contacting the scientists, he uses anecdotal data with an n of one (useless in any statistical analysis) and posts on twitter. Further, as have been stated the rapid antigen tests are notorously unreliable, which is why hospitals are using lab PCR tests, not quick antigen tests. PCR test have around a 93-98% sensitivity rate (meaning rate of correct positive diagnosis) where the test he took has around 60%. This is common knowledge and freely avaliable. Does he not know this? Why is he using his giant platform to do this?

More gems:

Coronavirus-Elon-Musk.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F5bdf6c47-5929-473b-8019-dfdf36088097.png

Oh and then all of the sudden changed his tune and wanted praise for sending out ventilators (which he took donations for btw):
https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F5647dcd4-2b81-46df-8e6d-8b3ba1298828.png

Surprise, turned out they were CPAP and BiPAP machines and not vents...

Coronavirus: Elon Must defends sending BiPAP machines to New York hospitals
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-a9446936.html
He's doing it because his entire grift is parlor tricking absolute RUBES into thinking he is a smart science man.
Literally 75% of his twitter is him copy-pastaing science jargon or replying "yes, will look into" when fans come up with ridiculous ideas, paired with him doing armchair quips about shit he is totally unqualified to speak on.

because he's a genius? He's essentially another version of steve jobs, people will shit on him till the day he dies.
Oh you mean the guy who refused scientific treatments for cancer and died thanks to his nonsense ego?

well, yeah, Steve was in idiot in ways, still a genius in his field.
Wow it's almost as if... Elon Musk is a fucking idiot in a lot of ways, but has massive hubris and attention seeking desires and goes out of his way anyways.
I don't ask a jazz pianist to do my taxes nor does Herbie Hancock shoot HR Block commercials.

lol
Yes, he is exactly like Jobs, a modern version of M. Burns.
Stawberry hits a homerun.
M. Burns: "I told him to do that."
the cult: "Wow, he's a genius."
You're a fucking imbecile.

IDK who Kanban/Scrum are.
We are pretty far of everyone else in the world in ICU capacity besides Germany which is still a decent ways behind us
960x0.jpg
Those figures are useless. Let's see if you can figure out why.

The non critical tests (ie the post infection antibody tests) suck. This is not an active infection test.

Covid tests always come back positive.Even when they're negative, you still have Covid. Everyone has Covid. Everyone dies from Covid. Even if you died from a GSW to the cranium, they will list it as Covid. Covid is a fucking trojan horse.

Just means Elon probably has COVID. The specificity of even the rapid tests is like 100%, which means false positives are unlikely. Much more likely that the other tests were false negatives.

Elon Musk is like a high functioning idiot. Instead of actually examining the specificity and sensitivity of the tests and directly contacting the scientists, he uses anecdotal data with an n of one (useless in any statistical analysis) and posts on twitter. Further, as have been stated the rapid antigen tests are notorously unreliable, which is why hospitals are using lab PCR tests, not quick antigen tests. PCR test have around a 93-98% sensitivity rate (meaning rate of correct positive diagnosis) where the test he took has around 60%. This is common knowledge and freely avaliable. Does he not know this? Why is he using his giant platform to do this?

More gems:

Coronavirus-Elon-Musk.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F5bdf6c47-5929-473b-8019-dfdf36088097.png

Oh and then all of the sudden changed his tune and wanted praise for sending out ventilators (which he took donations for btw):
https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F5647dcd4-2b81-46df-8e6d-8b3ba1298828.png

Surprise, turned out they were CPAP and BiPAP machines and not vents...

Coronavirus: Elon Must defends sending BiPAP machines to New York hospitals
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-a9446936.html
I wouldn't be quick to calling a genius like Musk an idiot. He obviously can break this whole situation down and see the holes in it. He is deeply involved in multiple different fields including rocket science. I'm positive he has done his research on covid-19 and he is just basing his opinion in very simple terms for everyone to understand. "Simplicity is the key to brilliance."

I always find it funny when people call geniuses idiots/imbecile, maybe some people just have a hard time understanding their genius.

“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”

― Stephen Hawking

Back