Elon Musk criticizes Covid Tests

They probably need to refine the testing process, but I don't really see that as a reason to just not test anyone. Just keep working at the tests to make them more accurate.

These are the newer fast tests too, so stands to reason they'd be less accurate than the older ones.

They probably need to refine the testing process, but I don't really see that as a reason to just not test anyone. Just keep working at the tests to make them more accurate.

These are the newer fast tests too, so stands to reason they'd be less accurate than the older ones.
Who said dont test anyone?

I take everything Elon says with a grain of salt. The tests have shown issues. I wonder how much is the tests and how much is people not following directions (saliva test) or protocol (nasal). When i had it, I did both tests and both came back positive.

I take everything Elon says with a grain of salt. The tests have shown issues. I wonder how much is the tests and how much is people not following directions (saliva test) or protocol (nasal). When i had it, I did both tests and both came back positive.

unfortunately our testing is a joke. It’s one thing to get it wrong initially, it’s another that it’s still not accurate.

The tests aren't a treatment though - just think if all the money, effort and resources used on testing was used for treating symptomatic cases instead.

The rapid tests have always been not as reliable. The lab ones with 2-4 day turnaround time are really the only ones to actually trust

Interesting if true. A lot of people are upset over this tweet/
Not sure why, its not like its an opinion.

Because they desperately want to trust Big Pharma and the people controlling what happens with Covid...they need a daddy to tell them how to think, and when that authority figure gets challenged, they get angry..

The tests aren't a treatment though - just think if all the money, effort and resources used on testing was used for treating symptomatic cases instead.

I think they're pouring a shitload of money into everything. I haven't read anything that suggests treatment is lacking funding.

I think they're pouring a shitload of money into everything. I haven't read anything that suggests treatment is lacking funding.
Maybe America is different, but in Europe many countries can't provide enough beds etc for the sick.

I am guessing it's the same there as so many have died.

The rapid tests are garbage. Norway just bought a ton of them. Waste of money.

Maybe America is different, but in Europe many countries can't provide enough beds etc for the sick.

I am guessing it's the same there as so many have died.

I'm in Europe.

I think beds is just an easy way to describe it in a method that people can easily understand. I think it's as much of a staffing issue as anything and we can't it's difficult to train staff to the required levels unfortunately. There are only so many available nurses and doctors.

Elon has a vested interest in non-confinement. His product is selling like hot cakes and needs to maintain productivity. Loss of workforce due to forced quarantine affects his productivity and so he is casting doubt on the accuracy of testing.

First of all there is no way to verify the veracity of his claim since health records are confidential. No one can deny or confirm his claim. Elon benefits from a high level of trust in the general public so many will give him the benefit of the doubt

Although statistically unlikely, a 50/50 result after taking the rest 4 times is not an impossibility to generate an equal number of false positives or false negatives.

An n=1 experiment has no scientific merit even when controlling a maximum amount of variables. It isn't even the case here.

In short, Elon is being Elon.

Back