Elliot Rodgers story

I'm reading his manifesto

yeah you pretty much nailed it, heres my cliffs if no ones read it.

his parents divorce early on his mother bends over backwards to give him what he wants, while his step mother doesn't put up with his shit and he feels victimized by it. I think this contributes to his feeling that the world should do the same, and when it doesn't he feels angry about it.

He has crazy social anxiety and feels others are constantly judging him. If he isn't talking to anyone at a party he feels like a loser etc. Because he doesn't have a girlfriend he feels like he is less valued by society. This is probably amplified by the amount he judges others, everything, from intelligence, looks, money and social standing is objectified into how it will benefit him to be around these people.

It is made worse by the fact he expects others to work around him, he feels slighted that girls only want brutish good looking jock guys, and his delusions of grandeur convince him that they should instead pursue him as he is a perfect gentlemen, rich and decendent of nobility. However he only ever values girls for their appearance. He even lashes out at one of his room mates after he brings home an ugly girl and smirks at him "like hes better than me".

He is ridiculously materialistic, along with judgemental and as he never properly bonds with anyone he never looks at anyones personality rather their features. he is convinced that being or appearing rich will make women want him. he tries to make his mother marry rich men that she doesn't like so he can be rich.

thats his biggest problem imo he is used to getting everything, so he isn't prepared to do anything to improve himself. he works 2 days his entire life because he feels the jobs he gets are beneath him, he wants to be rich so he buys lotto tickets, he wants to meet girls so he sits at book shops hoping a girl will come talk to him. he knows he has mental health issues and doesn't take his meds.

he is extremely jealous, and when other people have what he doesn't he manifests it with anger violent tendencies and child like tantrums. he is also full of contradictions he feels upset that his dad wasn't around enough because he was working, yet is angry that his dad isn't as successful at his job as he could be. he comes to the conclusion girls are flawed because they like "brutes" that bully him, yet he bullies and attacks people (not just the shooting), he physically assualts people at a party, and concludes they are savage animals when they defend themselves.

all in all he's a giant douchebag that gave the females and human race "one more chance" to redeem themselves and doesn't even talk to anyone. good ridance basically.

I'm reading his manifesto from age 15 through what seems like his first year at Santa Barbara. His life oddly seems a lot like mine when I was younger. Although his situations are much more extreme than mine and I never wanted to lash out violently at random people for living the life I wanted to live.

The mistake he makes is that he never works to correct his social awkwardness. He knows he's awkward but he just doesn't do anything about it. He spent years waiting for life to play out like a movie where he's just out and about and bumps into a beautiful girl and lives happily ever after. Yet with every change he made, he sank further and further into a bottomless pit. I mean it sucks getting denied by a girl but he put himself into a situation where he was basically denied every single day. He would go for walks through the streets just hoping that some girl would come up to him and want him to take her out. Every time he came home empty handed, he was basically denied. No one was going to take him under their wing and show him the ropes. Girls weren't going to talk to him just because they saw him walking by. It was like every situation was groundhogs day for him because he never worked on the one thing that always held him back...his social anxiety.

What I don't feel bad about was the fact that he was a piece of shit. Somehow feeling superior and inferior to everyone at the same time. He hated the jerks who made fun of him while he wanted to be the same jerk and make fun of others. He thought he was too good for people based on their race or intelligence, yet he wanted to kill them for the things they were better than him at. Everyone wants to be rich and have the hot blonde. Not many get to experience that, so we settle for what we can get or we WORK towards it. So far up to this point in Santa Barbara, he doesn't want to settle for anything other than a hot blonde and it's just not going to happen.

I wonder if banging out just one fatty would have completely changed his course in life? I think it would have given him the confidence and experience he was looking for to start working his way up to what he wanted.

You have got to be kidding.

You are missing the point with your lame attempt at psycho analysis. HE WAS DRUGGED WITH SSRI DRUGS THAT ARE PROVEN TO CAUSE PEOPLE TO KILL. They even warn on the label that suicide is a potential side effect.

It is not a rational thing. These drugs create mass murderers.

Wrong. We have gun control up to our eyeballs.

The point is that you can no amount of control works. They can't even keep weapons out of prison. So, any type of weapon control is a fantasy.

How come no one is talking about knife control? He killed half his victims with a knife. You going to ban sharp pointy things too?

The only control that works is when good people have the means to fight back. That means personal weapons carried on your person.

Free men own guns. Slaves don't.

There's a very simple solution for this: Everyone should get a gun! When you turn 18, you get issued a handgun, and are then required to carry it at all times. If a cops stops you, and you're not carrying your gun, you get fined.

I know I would feel a lot safer knowing that every single person around me is armed.

I watched a few of his videos and if I didn't know better already I'd write him off as a terribly predictable troll. His Adonis complex and the way he spoke just screamed bad troll job. It's ridiculous to think that he was being 100% authentic.

This is not too surprising. It reminds me of a lot of conversations I've seen where people talk about how to get a girl. Invariably there's a large amount of guys who think simply being rich will get you a girl. Also his narcissism probably made him think he could overcompensate for his poor personality. This is something I was guilty of in my life. I think he got caught up in the whole all you need is confidence thing and all it did was inflate his ego and turn his attention from what is really important. Probably nobody ever told him to get a personality which is not surprising because that is a rare piece of advice.

hes not confident at all, the money and clothes he wears seem like he is just trying to make people think he looks good, because he himself views himself as a loser and a failure and thinks others do the same

There's a very simple solution for this: Everyone should get a gun! When you turn 18, you get issued a handgun, and are then required to carry it at all times. If a cops stops you, and you're not carrying your gun, you get fined.

I know I would feel a lot safer knowing that every single person around me is armed.

Not just armed, well trained, don't forget that. Everyone should have a gun and attend classes and practice so that they own the gun responsibly and are used to handling and shooting a gun.

So in this case, the killer would have gotten stopped a lot sooner. One of the 3 dudes in his apartment would have just gotten his loaded gun out of his holster and popped him.

If not, the three sorority girls that were standing outside their house talking would have just shot back. That's right, every person is carrying a loaded gun so these 3 girls would have just shot it out right on the street with him. No way he was gonna survive that!

A completely armed and well-trained citizenry is the answer. That's far more realistic than enforcing gun ownership.

Blunt objects needs to step its game up.

Well if bullets could be reclassified as blunt objects, or at least shotgun pellets.....then maybe the result on that graph would favor blunt objects more.:icon_chee

Is anyone familiar with this 'red pill mindset' that is being associated with this? And the hash tag YesAllWomen? My little brother is posting all this aggro shit on FB about it and his gf is right there backing him up. It seems like it's her opinion being expressed via his facebook, but I don't know enough about it to truly debate.

What's he talking about? :icon_neut

hes not confident at all, the money and clothes he wears seem like he is just trying to make people think he looks good, because he himself views himself as a loser and a failure and thinks others do the same
That was kind of my point. He was a narcissist that was trying to do a lot of overcompensating. Like he figured if he looked the part everything else would fall into place.

Is anyone familiar with this 'red pill mindset' that is being associated with this? And the hash tag YesAllWomen? My little brother is posting all this aggro shit on FB about it and his gf is right there backing him up. It seems like it's her opinion being expressed via his facebook, but I don't know enough about it to truly debate.

What's he talking about? :icon_neut
I figured the "redpill" types would be guys who see Rogers like a martyr.

He should be buried at a recycling center

nm0pyiT.gif

I like how everyone is playing armchair psychologist with this guy. Why look so far into it?. He was just a nut with mental problems, plain and simple. Like someone said, he was probably off his meds.

yeah you pretty much nailed it, heres my cliffs if no ones read it.

his parents divorce early on his mother bends over backwards to give him what he wants, while his step mother doesn't put up with his shit and he feels victimized by it. I think this contributes to his feeling that the world should do the same, and when it doesn't he feels angry about it.

He has crazy social anxiety and feels others are constantly judging him. If he isn't talking to anyone at a party he feels like a loser etc. Because he doesn't have a girlfriend he feels like he is less valued by society. This is probably amplified by the amount he judges others, everything, from intelligence, looks, money and social standing is objectified into how it will benefit him to be around these people.

It is made worse by the fact he expects others to work around him, he feels slighted that girls only want brutish good looking jock guys, and his delusions of grandeur convince him that they should instead pursue him as he is a perfect gentlemen, rich and decendent of nobility. However he only ever values girls for their appearance. He even lashes out at one of his room mates after he brings home an ugly girl and smirks at him "like hes better than me".

He is ridiculously materialistic, along with judgemental and as he never properly bonds with anyone he never looks at anyones personality rather their features. he is convinced that being or appearing rich will make women want him. he tries to make his mother marry rich men that she doesn't like so he can be rich.

thats his biggest problem imo he is used to getting everything, so he isn't prepared to do anything to improve himself. he works 2 days his entire life because he feels the jobs he gets are beneath him, he wants to be rich so he buys lotto tickets, he wants to meet girls so he sits at book shops hoping a girl will come talk to him. he knows he has mental health issues and doesn't take his meds.

he is extremely jealous, and when other people have what he doesn't he manifests it with anger violent tendencies and child like tantrums. he is also full of contradictions he feels upset that his dad wasn't around enough because he was working, yet is angry that his dad isn't as successful at his job as he could be. he comes to the conclusion girls are flawed because they like "brutes" that bully him, yet he bullies and attacks people (not just the shooting), he physically assualts people at a party, and concludes they are savage animals when they defend themselves.

all in all he's a giant douchebag that gave the females and human race "one more chance" to redeem themselves and doesn't even talk to anyone. good ridance basically.

This dude reminds me of me in many ways. As I've gotten older (And also gone on meds) I've seen that I'm the source of all my problems, but prior to that I had that same chip on my shoulder. I had that same sense of entitlement and superiority, but around anyone I always felt like I was under the microscope. Desperate for approval, but too obnoxious to deserve it.

Anyway I took a different path and just hid away from society instead of acting against it in any way. Kinda funny though because I always wished I could've been sociopathic or nihilistic like that would've cured all my problems. Suppose that's the difference between me and this guy

That was kind of my point. He was a narcissist that was trying to do a lot of overcompensating. Like he figured if he looked the part everything else would fall into place.

I figured the "redpill" types would be guys who see Rogers like a martyr.

I haven't been really following this, but is there really that many people who are making him as a martyr? I can't see that being a popular belief, at least among normal folks.

Correlation does not imply causation

Correlation AND causation.

While antidepressants are designed to decrease the symptoms of depression, they occasionally have the opposite effect and can increase suicidal thoughts and actions.

Patients who take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine) or Zoloft (sertraline) may experience side effects such as violent behavior, mania or aggression, which can all lead to suicide.

Clinical Worsening and Suicide Risk

Patients with major depressive disorder (MDD), both adult and pediatric, may experience worsening of their depression and/or the emergence of suicidal ideation and behavior (suicidality) or unusual changes in behavior, whether or not they are taking antidepressant medications, and this risk may persist until significant remission occurs. Suicide is a known risk of depression and certain other psychiatric disorders, and these disorders themselves are the strongest predictors of suicide. There has been a long-standing concern, however, that antidepressants may have a role in inducing worsening of depression and the emergence of suicidality in certain patients during the early phases of treatment. Pooled analyses of short-term placebo-controlled trials of antidepressant drugs (SSRIs and others) showed that these drugs increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior (suicidality) in children, adolescents, and young adults (ages 18-24) with major depressive disorder (MDD) and other psychiatric disorders. Short-term studies did not show an increase in the risk of suicidality with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults beyond age 24; there was a reduction with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults aged 65 and older.

I like how everyone is playing armchair psychologist with this guy. Why look so far into it?. He was just a nut with mental problems, plain and simple. Like someone said, he was probably off his meds.

Maybe because a lot of us can relate to it? A lot of people have been in those situations. Maybe not as extreme and reoccuring as his but a lot of his life can be very easily related to.

You have got to be kidding.

You are missing the point with your lame attempt at psycho analysis. HE WAS DRUGGED WITH SSRI DRUGS THAT ARE PROVEN TO CAUSE PEOPLE TO KILL. They even warn on the label that suicide is a potential side effect.

It is not a rational thing. These drugs create mass murderers.

Calm down, I'm just discussing what was going on with the kid.

If you want to talk about guns and drugs, take it to the war room. That horse has been beaten to death enough already.

RSmith, the fact that he was drugged is the entire conversation. It is the only relevant topic in this entire thread. People do not mass murder on the scale we have recently seen without these drugs.

If you want to play psychologist, fine. You are wasting your time.

http://mashable.com/2012/07/30/james-holmes-charged/

Drugged and seeing psychologists.

– Columbine killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox which, like similar drugs Prozac and Zoloft are widely prescribed antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals admitted that every 1 in 25 patients taking the drug developed mania, a dangerous condition leaving the patient violence-prone.

I really could give a rip about identifying with any of these people.

– Patrick Purdy went on a shooting rampage in a schoolyard in Stockton, Calif., in 1989, an incident that triggered the initial push to ban “assault weapons.” Purdy, who killed five and wounded 30, had been taking the antidepressant Amitriptyline and the anti-psychotic drug Thorzine.

– Fifteen-year-old Kip Kinkel killed his parents in 1998 then went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Ore., the next day and fired on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 more. He was on Prozac and Ritalin.

Last edited:
and all assassins in US history are known by the first middle and last name.

Back