Ellenberger vs Saffiedine verbally agreed upon to headline Singapore card in January

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A welterweight matchup between perennial contender Jake Ellenberger (29-7 MMA, 8-3 UFC) and former Strikeforce champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is expected to headline the UFC's January debut in Singapore.

MMAjunkie.com today learned from sources close to the event that both fighters have verbally agreed to the matchup and bout agreements are expected to be finalized shortly.

The matchup is expected to serve as the headlining bout for the UFC's Jan. 4 event in Singapore, which the company announced in August. Neither a venue nor broadcast plans for the event have yet to be announced.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/10/jake-ellenberger-tarec-saffiedine-targeted-for-ufcs-january-debut-in-singapore

I'll believe it when Saffedine actually enters the cage

Got to agree with this.

I mean, even if Saffiedine does show up to that event, it'll have been a year since his last fight so who knows what kind of shape he'll be in

Tarec via teaching his kid to kick cushions like a muay thai champ.

Ellenberger by KO if Saffedine actually shows up. But we'll end up with Ellenberger vs. Woodley or some shit.

Awesome if Tarec manages to make it without pulling out

Ellenberger shouldn't be headlining anything after his last embarrassing performance.

I'm hoping this fight actually happens. It seems like Saffiedine hasn't fought in forever.

Tarec is already practicing his jab, ha ha. As long as he doesn't engage in a slugfest with Ellenberger, I think he can use his excellent kickboxing to keep the fight at his preferred distance, much like Rory did. It's always a gamble to close the distance with Ellenberger, so we'll have to see how he plays this fight.

This fight is supposed to be the main event. Don't see them getting much hype if that's the case. Saffedine has no fans at all and Ellenberger is coming off a really bad loss. Even the winner in that fight lost.

Who do you think wins Jake Ellenberger vs Tarec Saffiedine?

aww I was hoping for Le vs Mousasi as the headliner and Saffiedine vs Stun Gun co main...

I dont understand how losing in an embarassing way in a co main event fight can lead to headlining in your next fight?

I dont understand how losing in an embarassing way in a co main event fight can lead to headlining in your next fight?

Ellenberger generally has pretty awesome fights when his opponents are willing to fight him.

Ellenberger generally has pretty awesome fights when his opponents are willing to fight him.

thing is, HE SUCKED in his last fight and totally failed to bring it himself and adapt to Rory's gameplan. Such a poor showing should not grant you the privilege of headlining a card next.

Saffiedine can win if he jabs sticks and moves, Jake will KO him if he gets caught up in a slug fest tho.

If Tarec utilizes the same strategy he did against Marquardt, he should win... the strategy of keeping distance, jab and low kicks. He'll win.

If he wants to get into a brawl, Ellenberger easily wins

Back