ellenberger - ronda would be competitive in male bantamweight division

Her primary skill is judo. She is a better judoka than she is a MMArtist.

So by this logic she should be able to compete at the highest level of MENS judo.
Does anyone actually believe she would have a prayer against Olympic medalists in MENS judo?

Of course not, it's ridiculous. So how in the world could she compete with the men in the UFC?

Could the very best female basketball player in the WNBA ever earn a tryout with a mens team?

Why do fanboys live in this fantasy world? And why do idiots like Ellenburger keep feeding them?

lol at the insecurity

if you think that ronda can't throw and submit many 135lb fighters then you are out of your mind

but I guess you know better than the actual ufc fighters

In the gym where I practice- a Dynamo club, for the slavs out there- we have the cream of the crop in women judoka, some placed better in the Olympics than Ronda.

They practice with the cadets and struggling because of the physical gap. The cadets are not inexperienced, some are quite good. But they're still boys, still growing- yet the seasoned women can't match them.

If a male under contract with the UFC is getting subbed by Ronda it basically means Dana is selling amateurs as professional fighters.

Ronda Rousey gets ahold of you and a lot of people will agree with Ellenberger, she's a better grappler than almost everyone in the BW division. Anyone who grapples know that high level girls can get high level guys in trouble and tap them quite often. I would bet Rousey's fight IQ is up there with the best in the world.

Ronda Rousey gets ahold of you and a lot of people will agree with Ellenberger, she's a better grappler than almost everyone in the BW division. Anyone who grapples know that high level girls can give high level guys in trouble and tap them quite often. I would bet Rousey's fight IQ is up there with the best in the world.

A skilled woman can definitely tap out a lesser skilled man. But that's grappling, not MMA. Totally different. In grappling, a guy who is in mount will hip escape and just work from guard. In MMA, a guy will hip escape, get up and punch you in the face.

I doubt Ronda would last 2 minutes against any top 100 FLW.

A skilled woman can definitely tap out a lesser skilled man. But that's grappling, not MMA. Totally different. In grappling, a guy who is in mount will hip escape and just work from guard. In MMA, a guy will hip escape, get up and punch you in the face.

I doubt Ronda would last 2 minutes against any top 100 FLW.

When the gap in grappling is big there won't be much offense from the lesser grappler, especially strikes. You can't punch when you're fighting for your life not to get your arm taken or getting choked out, Judo is about the finish Ronda doesn't control as much as she scrambles constantly looking to finish. Not many guys even have the ability to hunt for a submission and finish like Ronda. Like I said if she gets a hold of you, you better be really high level or you're in trouble especially at BW.

Her primary skill is judo. She is a better judoka than she is a MMArtist.

So by this logic she should be able to compete at the highest level of MENS judo.
Does anyone actually believe she would have a prayer against Olympic medalists in MENS judo?

Of course not, it's ridiculous. So how in the world could she compete with the men in the UFC?

Could the very best female basketball player in the WNBA ever earn a tryout with a mens team?

Why do fanboys live in this fantasy world? And why do idiots like Ellenburger keep feeding them?

Jake knows his comments aren't realistic. I guess he's complimenting trying to get in the good graces of the UFC and WMMA fans. Basically a political move

She trains hard just like the rest of the roster.

Male strength vs Female strength...

Mmmm... Yeah. Rickson by armbar.

When the gap in grappling is big there won't be much offense from the lesser grappler, especially strikes. You can't punch when you're fighting for your life not to get your arm taken or getting choked out, Judo is about the finish Ronda doesn't control as much as she scrambles constantly looking to finish. Not many guys even have the ability to hunt for a submission and finish like Ronda. Like I said if she gets a hold of you, you better be really high level or you're in trouble especially at BW.

If there's a big enough gap, perhaps. But whatever disparity in skill there is I think is more than made up for with the disparity in sheer strength. Ronda would demolish male noobs of most sizes but certainly not guys who have actually trained.

Also, have you seen how Ronda gets the clinch in the first place? She just walks forward eating punches until she grabs someone lol. I seriously doubt that would work against any amateur male fighter regardless of whether he's had any grappling skill or not.

UFC is the major league.
Saying Ronda can compete with male 135'ers is like.. saying Lisa Leslie can compete with Michael Jordan.

what I learned about that intv is that Ellenberger wants to hit that.

Says the guy who thinks GSP would beat Lesnar...I like Ellenberger but he isn't that smart when it come to fight analysis

No shit. She would beat them badly. She's very talented, I wish she was around for UFC 1, she would have dominated that shit.

No shit. She would beat them badly. She's very talented, I wish she was around for UFC 1, she would have dominated that shit.

She isnt doing jack shit to Royce or Shamrock.

Not this shit again. F*ck those people who answer and ask those questions. And us for giving a fuck.

This is insane.

Complete attention grab by Ellenberger. Lost me as a fan.

In 100 fights she wouldnt make it out of the first round with Mighty Mouse (a weight lower) a single time.

Back