Ellenberger has been nothing more than a power puncher on the feet.

ellenberger is a good fighter and his striking is pretty good actually - he had chances in that fight to win - however, he seems to be tentative at times and have some other minor mental issues which he may need to work on - i think the key will be to just continue to gain experience - robbie has been around for a lot longer and has had his ups and downs as well - now he looks amazing - ive never stopped being a fan of his, prob in part bc hes been associated w matt hughes for so long - i am not really a fan of most fighters, though i like almost all of them

I'll say it again, Lawler moving back down to 170 has exposed the relative weakness in striking in the division the same way Maia moving down exposed the relative weakness in sub fighting and guys who could avoid it.

A lot of the guys who've been hyped as strikers at WW have been power punchers who've been able to exploit the general lack of technical skill.

WW was the strongest UFC division during the Pride era but it really suffered from a lack of new talent because 170lbs wasn't promoted much in Japan(mostly just LW's fighting at 168lbs). There was obviously talent in he division but it was mostly very focused on wrestling plus of very thin at the top.

He's been awful

Needs a big change

To be honest he should retire, doesn't have it in him

Back