Elite Fighters that got broken in the cage

I disagree. He was whooped for sure, but he fought till the end or until he was finished because he had nothing left. I seen the rubber match live. Man that was brutal. imo broken means they came to the point were they just wait for a opportunity to get out of the fight. JDS never did that
I just gave my definition in my next post.

A broken fighter doesn’t have to quit. I think some beatings can render a fighter unable to do anything (thus breaking imo). He was a standing punching bag in the first second fight and third the way that it ended he seemed a broken man when he fell forward on his head trying to find some choke (if you wanna say Cain made him do that, I dunno).
That might be accurate if you are speaking of breaking physically but i think the thread is more about beating people to the point of mentally breaking. Thus quitting or trying desperately to find a way out.

A broken fighter doesn’t have to quit. I think some beatings can render a fighter unable to do anything (thus breaking imo). He was a standing punching bag in the first second fight and third the way that it ended he seemed a broken man when he fell forward on his head trying to find some choke (if you wanna say Cain made him do that, I dunno).

Perhaps we need more nuance. Should we say his body broke but his will didn't?

That might be accurate if you are speaking of breaking physically but i think the thread is more about beating people to the point of mentally breaking. Thus quitting or trying desperately to find a way out.

We're in sync! :)

yeah i guess you are right. Page did do all the signs of giving up. He turned his focus away to talk to his corner and put his body outside the ring. I didnt think of it as a tap without tapping. He pulled a pettis in a way.

Respect, it's nice to have a logical discussion. I don't see him in a poorer light for doing it. Frankly it's amazing he lasted until that point. Same with all of the knees he took from Wanderlei. Dude's a legend.

Perhaps we need more nuance. Should we say his body broke but his will didn't?

no worries diff opinions diff definitions. fair point

i get both ways to look at it and it is fair to say cain didnt break jds too, and in the end its all semantics and how you interpret it.

Rafael dos Anjos list: Anthony Pettis, Cerrone, Benson Henderson, Robbie Lawler... RDA is a monster.

BJ should not be mentioned in threads like this, he had the balls to move up in weight and fight GSP, something GSP never had the balls to do until one eyed , pushing 40 Bisping showed up.

BJ is a true warrior who gives 0 f*cks, not an opportunist who cant wait to get in the cage with geriatric Bisping, but then catches "colitis" when Whitaker or Yoel want to scrap.
Nah, he had fought a HW,MW, and WW before that. It’s not like he was a career-long lw who just moved up for the challenge. The op was elite fighter who got broken in the cage, no matter if you love or hate GSP, you can’t deny that that’s a prime example. Quitting on the stool is as broken as it gets, and that’s no knock on BJ. If you know you’re beat, there’s no sense in being a punching bag for 10 more minutes.

BJ should not be mentioned in threads like this, he had the balls to move up in weight and fight GSP, something GSP never had the balls to do until one eyed , pushing 40 Bisping showed up.

BJ is a true warrior who gives 0 f*cks, not an opportunist who cant wait to get in the cage with geriatric Bisping, but then catches "colitis" when Whitaker or Yoel want to scrap.

You trash Bisping and have an avatar of Bisping, did he fuck your girl or something? <Dany07>

Holloway vs Conor, Alvarez vs Conor, Mendes vs Conor, Aldo vs Conor

Usually what defines an elite fighter is one that doesn't break when put in uncomfortable situations.
One that clearly comes to mind is McGregor vs Diaz 1.
McGregor's deteriorated so fast once he knew Diaz ate his best shots.
Cormier vs Johnson is another one.

Back