Elite Fighters that got broken in the cage

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are the best examples of elite fighters "getting broken" that you can recall. I would guess the definition of broken is being able to continue but just not wanting to do so. Is that a good way to put it?

I will start

Jones made Shogun tap to strikes when most of sherdog thought he was going to be to experienced for the young Jones. This one is kind of iffy because the ref was waving it off but he did tap.

Recently Tony broke Pettis. The look on his face when he was starting to gas covered in his own blood after droping tony earlier was primal. He did nearly everything he could to get out of that fight..

BJ "to the death " Penn quit on the stool vs GSP in the rematch.

also, shit happens in fights. Fighters fighting bad asses can get broken. i dont think it makes them any less bad ass.

Who ya got?

Shogun with healthy knees and steroids beats roided Jon Jones every day of the week

Tito vs Randy Couture

spanked and cried in his prime, by an old man, doesnt get much worse then that

giphy.gif

What are the best examples of elite fighters "getting broken" that you can recall. I would guess the definition of broken is being able to continue but just not wanting to do so. Is that a good way to put it?

I will start

Jones made Shogun tap to strikes when most of sherdog thought he was going to be to experienced for the young Jones. This one is kind of iffy because the ref was waving it off but he did tap.

Recently Tony broke Pettis. The look on his face when he was starting to gas covered in his own blood after droping tony earlier was primal. He did nearly everything he could to get out of that fight..

BJ "to the death " Penn quit on the stool vs GSP in the rematch.

also, shit happens in fights. Fighters fighting bad asses can get broken. i dont think it makes them any less bad ass.

Who ya got?

BJ should not be mentioned in threads like this, he had the balls to move up in weight and fight GSP, something GSP never had the balls to do until one eyed , pushing 40 Bisping showed up.

BJ is a true warrior who gives 0 f*cks, not an opportunist who cant wait to get in the cage with geriatric Bisping, but then catches "colitis" when Whitaker or Yoel want to scrap.

Shogun with healthy knees and steroids beats roided Jon Jones every day of the week
i dunno about that. I love pride shogun too, even named my dog after him years ago lol. Roided jones, or any jones is a nightmare for shogun. Jones has transformed a few times hant he lol. He looked so wide vs rashad and rampage and so damn lean vs gus.... either way i dont agree with that.

Rich and David "The Crow" Loiseau come to mind. David was a feared striker coming up. Rich took his soul in a fight and never was the same. Career went straight down the tubes after. Shame too because David was fun to watch.

Screen_Shot_2018_08_17_at_3.03.12_PM.png

latest

Mc Gregor offering his back anytime he starts feeling the heat.
Also Dan Hardy vs GSP he did continue but between rounds he was desperately telling his corner there is nothing he can do, GSP just came to take him down.

Shogun with healthy knees and steroids beats roided Jon Jones every day of the week[

Have heard this get said before and just don't see it happening. Even in Pride Rules I have Jones favored. Where does Shogun beat him?

Mc Gregor offering his back anytime he starts feeling the heat.
Also Dan Hardy vs GSP he did continue but between rounds he was desperately telling his corner there is nothing he can do, GSP just came to take him down.
I hold that fight against GSP GOAT status a lot. Hardy wasn't elite and George laid on him for 25

Conor when he begged for mercy against khabib??

Back