Elio - 84 MPG - Only $7,450 - Coming 2019....hopefully

lol, I'm sure. But it is pretty cool that the guys who engineered the Veyron built this engine.

The engine puts out a crappy 55 hp. It may have the same engineers, but they have a (low) price point to shoot for. Only time will tell if they engine/transmission are reliable.

The engine puts out a crappy 55 hp. It may have the same engineers, but they have a (low) price point to shoot for. Only time will tell if they engine/transmission are reliable.

It was made to put out that amount. It's not like that's the best they could do. They actively shot for a balance in which they could get the best power with the best energy efficiency. 55hp was it.

Plus, 107 mph Top Speed is more than enough for me, considering I've only ever gone 105mph in my current 4 banger, and 0-60 in 9.6 seconds is .4 seconds better than a Ford Focus I drag raced with one time with Nicolas Cage.

So they've created a small engine which functions similar (power-wise) to something you'd find in a Civic, Focus, basic compact, etc. It actually even beats a lot of small shit vehicles, all while getting tremendously better gas mileage.

gonna look great when it gets smashed by a 4x4 or a semi

gonna look great when it gets smashed by a 4x4 or a semi

All simulations have it holding up just fine. Next step is field testing. But its shape, length, and the components that make it up all amount to something very safe.

Granted, I wouldn't suggest you go looking for a head-on collision with a semi-truck at 75mph.

I was hoping it'd be a fully restored '89 Honda Civic.

I am disappointed.
Not interested in driving a phallus, along with the two knobs.

Well, there will be an "expansion port" for a turbo, so who knows, we might see some big numbers pulled.

Well, there will be an "expansion port" for a turbo, so who knows, we might see some big numbers pulled.

Seems cool, but also crazy. Why would you put a turbo on a hyper-gas saver like this? And wouldn't it absolutely destroy the gas mileage?

TS would you recommend this car for my friend Nicolas Cage when he drives up to help me in fights? He's been looking for a cheaper, alternative car instead of always showing up in his prized 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom.

TS would you recommend this car for my friend Nicolas Cage when he drives up to help me in fights? He's been looking for a cheaper, alternative car instead of always showing up in his prized 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Lol, sure. I'm getting one. But I don't think it beats the badassness of the 1935 Rolls-Royce Phantom. :)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry/2012/02/28/turbocharging-to-save-gas-instead-of-to-go-fast/

Generally, if you can stay out of the boost then you won't see much of a drop in mpg.

Lol, but why have a turbo if you want to stay out of boost? I realize you'd use it when you needed power, but unless you had it tuned to only kick in at 4000 RMPs, then it seems like it'd take away from the overall fuel efficiency.

For this specific car, the top speed/0-60 seems great for what it is. A turbo, of course, would make it even better, but I don't need this car to go 0-60 in 7 seconds, or faster. I'm not racing it. 9.6 secs 0-60 is plenty fast off the line for getting up and going.

They could have at least added VTEC. No joke.

Last edited:
looks promising, would look into it after they iron out the kinks

I really dig it. Sure it looks a little goofy, but price:mpg you just can't beat this at all. With the safety rating on it, it makes it awful tempting to order one now. I'll probably wait a year on it though.

what mine will look like

powers19.5859.jpg

Yeah that sounds like some marketing bs.

Really hard to find anything remotely technical about the engine, which is odd.

I won't waste my time debating climate change with you. I however can't take it seriously as a car of the "future" when it still uses fossil fuels. They had plug in Fiats for lease for less than 90$ a month here in California. I no longer fit in the tax bracket of the average person but back when I was on the bus I spent nearly that much for a bus pass and more than that every week on junk food and weed. Could they not have considered biofuel at least?

From my understanding Bio Fuel has a gel point of 20 degrees and the amount of anti gel additive you have to use diluted it so much that it no longer works as fuel.

Back