Elias Silverio fence kicks

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was not super impressed with this fight, at least so far im wathcing with a few minutes to go in 3rd. What is impressive and a novel technique, is that back mount fence push thing he has done a few times. Very impressive technique i have not seen before, and I have been watching the ufc pretty much every even since aobut ufc 50. Anyone else notice this?

I liked it as well. I expect more people to start doing it.

We've definitely seen people do it while on the ground before, more for leverage than change of position. Standing, I can't recall having seen it.

Cool but, as I believe Stann noted, seems like a technique that could lead to a blown knee.

It's hard not to see that fence kick on this fight, but that move looks pretty risk, as it blown back on Elias more than once.

Although I agree with the judges, the scorecards were so not UFC as we know (which is: keep wrestling in mind).

I've always wondered why people don't do that technique more especially if you have a body lock or underhooks. It really doesn't seem any riskier than trying to do a foot stomp or knee.

Kick and rotate into the take down seems like it would be effective against at least a few opponents.

I missed this fight earlier, any GIF wizards going to help this thread out?

I believe Jacare did something similar in Strikeforce against Marunde. His takedowns wasn't from the back, but he used the fence to change directions with a body lock on his opponent. This fight reminded me of that...

cant-see-shit_zpsc31de9a6.jpg~original

Demian does it (even though didnt get to do it in a fight yet) and did to him, and other guys, in training many times. Thats where he got it, but he wasnt properly positioned to do it, thats why it didnt work completely well and it became risky.

Demian does it (even though didnt get to do it in a fight yet) and did to him, and other guys, in training many times. Thats where he got it, but he wasnt properly positioned to do it, thats why it didnt work completely well and it became risky.

Yeah, it was very clear that he was putting some of Demian's style into his game. I hope he improves his cardio.

Back