Eli Roth, M. Night Shyamalan, questions about upcoming flicks

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Sakuraba is #1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Sakuraba is #1

Sakuraba is #1 Blue Belt

So Eli Roth has two horror flicks coming out later this year, which one do you think will end up being the bigger turd?

1. The Green Inferno
    [YT]FcpYPu9M3bw[/YT]

2. Knock Knock
    [YT]ti6S3NZ5mKI[/YT]

Now unto my next question. Will M. Night Shyamalan's The Visit finally redeem him?

[YT]0Fv3gU-ed7Y[/YT]

With all that being said, I'm actually looking forward to watching all these movies.

2. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

I've heard Green Inferno is a solid Roth gorefest, Knock Knock has gotten a lot of mediocre reviews from a few horror sites I trust so I'm definitely more pumped for Inferno (have been waiting for it forever).

The Visit will most likely just be an average found footage type horror film with an added Shammy twist.

3. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

Who keeps giving Shamalamalama money to make more films? His last 3 movies were After Earth, Devil, and The Last Airbender.

4. Luger

Luger Rabbi of Platinum Nation Banned

They are both awful.
    Eli is even worse than Shamalayalahlaya.
    I will never watch anything made by them, as I am sober and willing.

5. Bet Me

Bet Me Guest

I watched all 3 trailers and I wouldn't pay to see all 3 for the price of 1.

i do wish I could have 2 random hot chicks show up at my house and bang them all night, even with the risk of them attacking me like they did to Neo.

6. CombatCyborg

CombatCyborg Black Belt

I'm torn on Knock, Knock because I don't like Eli Roth's work, but Keanu's a good dude and I'd like to support him.

The Visit looks like a fun time. Not getting my hopes up, it's Shyamalan after all. Then again he's bound to make another good movie sooner or later.

7. europe1

europe1 It´s a nice peninsula to Asia

I hoped that The Green Inferno would be a remake of The Green Slime (which did the: "land on an asteroid with a drill-team and dig into its core and plant a bomb to destroy it" plotline waaaaay before Armageddon did it). I was disappointed.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  8. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

Green Inferno looks good. Some of M Night's stuff I like and some of it is absolutely unwatchable. Call me crazy but I actually liked The Village. I thought the twist ending was cool. As far as Roth, I can only recall watching the Hostel films and they were just "how far can we push it" type films.

9. dawnignited

dawnignited Thug Rose, Thug Rose, Thug Rose

I can't stand Eli Roth so it's hard for me to get amped up for any of his movies. At least The Visit looks like it's going to be hilarious.

10. TrueBias

TrueBias Silver Belt

Eli Roth is a fucking hack and should stick to acting. Cabin Fever, Hostel, go fuck themselves. Hated, HATED both of those movies. Fooled me both times. Uwe Boll, remember that asshole? His dumbass movies are just as bad. Yes, just as bad, but his trailers warn you of the shit fest that may rain upon you, if you dared to spend the money for them. Eli, fuck you.

M. Night had some hits. Lately not at all, but he did have hits and they were nicely crafted. That said, Ill avoid him until I hear some movie was ok. (Devil wasnt bad, but he had minimum work in it) I dont hate him, hes just lost his way and may never find it again.

11. the ambush

the ambush Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Eli Roth sucks.

I humbly admit to liking a couple of Shyamalan's movies.

12. BenRichards

BenRichards Brown Belt

green inferno will fare the best outta the three. it's kind of hard to fuck up. it's more or less just a reboot of cannibal holocaust, which shares some parallels with roth's hostel (foreigners being jack asses and getting fucked up by locals). so the guy should have the formula down. m.night is a lost cause

13. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

I think you hit the nail on the head with M Night. It's like he came out of the gate with some decent flicks and then thought everything he touched would turn to gold.

As far as Roth the first Hostel was OK in that fucked up unique way, but everything else sucks. Did he have a part in Hostel 3? What a piece of shit that movie was. Even the dude from Nip/Tuck playing the handicapped guy couldn't help it.

14. Bonos

Bonos Black Belt

The Green Inferno was released on the festival circuit two years ago which doesn't inspire much hope of it being good.

15. TrueBias

TrueBias Silver Belt

I appreciate your credit with M. Night, but you said a movie I hated was ok and that cant happen.

Tell me, what was ok about it? Fucked up in a unique way? Gore for gore's sake is not unique. If I was 10 and was allowed to make a gory movie, Hostel would be that movie. Seriously, the fucker had to have been thinking in that mind set. Want proof? Remember the child gang in the city that terrorized random people for no reason? I sure as hell do.

Want a unique movie? I just watched Triangle. Want a unique gory movie? I heard Audition may scratch you right where you itch.

16. rocketskates

rocketskates Black Belt

Not so much the gore. Just fucked up in that sense that it's not too far fetched to think something like that could actually happen or be happening. As far as Audition, I watched the first half of it for free online and didn't care for it.

17. Dizzy

Dizzy \[T]/ Platinum Member

The reactions were largely positive. It's been tied up in distribution hell for a long time.

18. Bonos

Bonos Black Belt

Well that's good. I check every few months if it surfaced and it seems like forever since I first heard of it.

19. Blood Python

Blood Python Silver Belt

I'm looking forward to the Green Inferno