Elephant In The Room (PED use)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Thick_Strong_Tight, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Thick_Strong_Tight

Thick_Strong_Tight White Belt

I'm curious if anyone else is noticing how many fighters not just have their physiques come back to earth (JDS, Reem, Vitor, Lombard, RDS Etc) but rather how many guys that were never especially suspect, even guys who spoke out against PED use, are looking lousy lately? I never really was a Tim Kennedy fan, but on paper a guy like Kennedy should have just obliterated Gastellum who's a natural 170. That particular fight made me realize that so many athletes are now in question due to wide gaps in performance in the pre/post USADA eras. RDA was on a complete tear and now can't win a fight, same thing with Pettis. I'm not accusing these guys in particular but it makes you wonder. What is everyone's thoughts? Are we looking at a field where everyone was using and now it's a complete shakeup?

2. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

they're all a bunch of hypocrites

leatherneck likes this.
  3. Flokk

Flokk Faux Belt

Tim's got Hitler on the run, what the fuck have you done lately?

4. groo

groo Gold Belt

You shouldn't talk trash on Tim. The rules are unfairly biased against him. Tim is an American....he probably has to cycle Estrogen in order to pass the new testing just to counter-act his naturally elevated Testosterone levels from shooting guns all the time.

Frode Falch likes this.
  5. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

It's not an elephant in the room when it's talked about all the time.

6. Hardkore

Hardkore Titanium Belt

Tim Kennedy is a terrible example, the dude hasn't fought for 2 years and he's 37.

ortizgnp likes this.
  7. Grill master

Grill master #GUERNICABless

It's a bit harsh to paint RDA with the same Ped brush as guys like Vitor and Reem. I'm no fanboy but I think both loses were due to his chin getting checked by monster shots. he fought dam well against Ferguson for a good part of the fight ans still looks cut as a loaf of bread. Eddie just nailed him with a perfect uppercut, that would have ruined 90% of Lightweights.

Eric Silva is your answer though, he looks terrible physically and has no power on his punches anymore. And yes, USADA have ass fucked the MMA world.

leatherneck likes this.
  8. BenRichards

BenRichards Brown Belt

9. Ethan Rom

Ethan Rom Black Belt

Tim looked physically the same. That isnt to say he wasnt taking something in the past and no longer is but he also hasnt fought in 2 years.

Lombard surprisingly also looked physically the same upon return.

Reem clearly deflated.

JDS did look a bit deflated as well but looked not too different overall.

Vitor obviously deflated.

RDA looked basically the same and performed well against Tony, he just got beat by the #1 or 2 guy in the division.

Nova Union and cmw43 like this.
  10. ostlerrage

ostlerrage Black Belt

I think the testing is keeping most fighters honest. I mean, Jones it top tier with shit loads of money and he got caught. albeit with masking agents hiding his steroid use. (only blind nuthuggers believe he took dick pills cause his cock is too large to get an erection) ffs. If jones with acess to top line pharmacists and endriconologists only just got pinged. lower level fighters might just be mostly clean????

Rico likes this.
  11. souvlaki

souvlaki Green Belt

Tim got outboxed badly. He was still WAY stronger than Gastelum.

12. cmw43

cmw43 Bad Boys Club

Lombards and Kennedy's bodies haven't changed to look at but they are both pushing 40.

13. WinZip

WinZip Trial Version Expired

He also gassed in the first round, which he has never, ever done before. 2 years off, 37 years old, and USADA testing. Are there any other differences since he last fought?

souvlaki likes this.
  14. qw3rty

qw3rty R.I.P @FrankieNYC

Gastelum is underrated as hell

15. chefdiablo

chefdiablo Brown Belt

I am not convinced that all of these fighters are staying off the juice.

Many will still take the risk of getting caught.

Wait until we see the repeat offenders get caught and what the consequences are when they do.

Cheaters don't just quit cold turkey and call it the end. Usually they pursue more elaborate masking measures and seek out newer designer drugs.

There will still be plenty of cheaters exposed over the next few years. I can't wait to see the repeats though, that should be glorious fun around here.

16. BobbyBuds

BobbyBuds Black Belt

TIm was more ripped then ever.. It's not a lack of PED's that led to that, it's the fact he was out of training

17. Screen Name

Screen Name White Belt

Must be nerve racking as fuck waiting for the drug test results if you are using maskers or trying to beat time.

18. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Red Belt

Kelvin is not "a natural 170" he cuts a lot of weight and still doesn't make 170.

groo likes this.
  19. thobra

thobra Black Belt

Everyone is probably still using. It is almost impossible to get caught... But some are harmed by it, since they have to be more careful, use microdoses, and can not do whatever they want outside the month they are fighting.

It is almost impossible to get caught. You have to be tested at not only the right day, but also the right hour to be able to avoid being caught. Diuretics will flush every trace of the steroids.

And they have to know exactly what they are looking for to find it. There are hundreds of different things to test for. They will have to bleed a man dry 50 times to test for everything.