Elephant in the room: next LW champ is a paper champ

Khabib ducks grapplers like the plague. He couldn't take down Tibau and he retired to avoid Oliveira.
There are no grapplers worthy of washing Khabib's jockstrap in the current LW division. He outgrappled RDA and made D1 Gaethje look like newborn babby in both wrestling and submission grappling departments. Tony is a can who got outgrappled by Castillo and Lee. Oliveira should first prove he can beat Felder before he sets his sights on Khabib, lol. Chandler is just another D1 hypejob and will get molested by Islam, but even he has enough skill to send Oliveira back to the prelims.

Only one who could have put Khabib into any trouble on the ground at LW was Ramos, but Islam took care of that problem for Khabib. Prime CDF was also a threat, but he's washed up now. Cope.

When Bones and Cejudo split it left the divisions feeling hollow in a way, same with Khabib. But Jan has solidified LHW pretty well and made the division feel alive and so it will go. Less so with Yan and the Sterling debacle but that's a tangent.

Honestly, even tho Bones is my fav scrapper, he isn't fighting, neither is Cejudo or Khabib. When yer not in the cage I care very little...Fighters a wash and wear commodity for my pleasure and that's what happens in the cage. Everything else is relatively pointless in my scope. I move with the fights.

So in short....yes....and no....

There are no grapplers worthy of washing Khabib's jockstrap in the current LW division. He outgrappled RDA and made D1 Gaethje look like newborn babby in both wrestling and submission grappling departments. Tony is a can who got outgrappled by Castillo and Lee. Oliveira should first prove he can beat Felder before he sets his sights on Khabib, lol. Chandler is just another D1 hypejob and will get molested by Islam, but even he has enough skill to send Oliveira back to the prelims.

Only one who could have put Khabib into any trouble on the ground at LW was Ramos, but Islam took care of that problem for Khabib. Prime CDF was also a threat, but he's washed up now. Cope.
Gaethje has zero bjj and hasn't wrestled since starting MMA and becoming a striker. RDA got molested By Usman and Michael fucking Chiesa and has absolutely nothing to offer from his back. What Grapplers did Gaethje face before fighting Khabib? Michael Johnson? Barboza? Yeah those dudes are amazing Grapplers!

This is the title fight.

Dustin beat conor. He was rusty

Dustin didn’t wanna fight chucky or mike

There are a bunch of paper champs now. The lineal title has ended at light heavyweight, lightweight, bantamweight, and featherweight. Flyweight too, but nobody cares about flyweight.
Forgot about MW

They are paper champs until thier first defense. They it becomes legitimate again.

imo anyway.

like Khabib was paper champ with the win over number 11 ranked Al I mean wtf.

But with his first successful defense he was the legit champ

Go on and on with Jan, Izzy etc etc.

Their both monsters and will be deserving of the belt.Whoever wins has a great chance of beating Poirier/Conor.

First of all, great fight, great matchup, and looking forward to it. But let's be honest, the winner will be considered a paper champ until they defend against Gaethje or Poirier (or Conor if he leaves Poirier stiff in impressive, devastating fashion).

Not to mention the LW division is the laughing stock of the UFC since Khabib vacated and left the division dead in the water. Nobody will take that belt seriously with Khabib retiring on top at the young age of 32. It's the second best belt. The DWP belt. Tony bless.

We had this issue with GSP. It will take a bit of time but a new legitimate champion will emerge. I don't think anyone really questioned Woodley or Usman as legit champs.

NO ONE SHOULD ENJOY THIS MATCHUP.
SUCK IT DRY
Joe Rogan: Im here with the ...well..PAPER champ ____________! How does it feel to have won NOTHING?
It feels neutral Joe. I am trying to not enjoy this victory right now,and I hope none of you are either

<30>

giphy.gif

Even Khabib was a paper champ for winning the title off 11th ranked Al at the time. Obviously Khabib was/is legit, but at the time… yikes. Anyone who doesn’t get the belt by beating an existing champ will always be a paper champ until defending against top competitors.

Oh, Conor only needs a split decision to get his title fight. Nothing spectacular needed.

yeah but getting stripped is a little different than a champion vacating via retirement or changing weight classes. Getting the title taken away from you due to PEDs/inactivity/duckery compared to a champion voluntarily surrendering his title shines a different light on the next champions reign

yeah but getting stripped is a little different than a champion vacating via retirement or changing weight classes. Getting the title taken away from you due to PEDs/inactivity/duckery compared to a champion voluntarily surrendering his title shines a different light on the next champions reign
Khabib took that div from tears to fuckin glory

Very true.

Depends if Conor/Poirier/justin manages to win the title. It's hard to consider them the best knowing khabib destroyed all three. However if Chandler/Charles beat them all it's a different story

Charles has earned it.

Chandler - maybe you have a case.

As far as I know wasn't dustin supposed to fight for the title with Charles but declined.

Dustin likely gets a much bigger pay day versus Conor. To hell with paper belts when you can have paper money.

Cool then the WW champ is a paper champ now and forever because - GSP

And Jan-Reyes, which obviously became Jan, is a paper champ because - Jon Jones

and the FW champ could be construed as such considering McGregor blasted the division then left never to return...

But I think most people move on
Everyone saw hendricks beat gsp

Back