Electronic Cars are the future

Kemeticsoul

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
100% torque instantly. Better in snow when two electric motors are paired with vehicle to deliver AWD. From all accounts so far, better reliability. Electric motors will outlast an internal combustion engine.

The only downfall is the extreme cold. I guess battery life takes a major hit. Hopefully they will work on that. I own a gas car and I will for the next 5 years, I'm just waiting for these car companies to work on the kinks and for the public to beta test them. I've been waiting for all electric cars with self driving capabilities. It's inevitable and will be here quicker than once thought. Telsa model 3 coming next year, a self driving capable Volkswagen and of course the GM car with a range of like 238 miles per charge.

Next year I'm getting a Prius which will be my last gas car. I will drive that until I find electric cars are up to par and there's enough charging stations around.

All we need now are for the frames to be made out of carbon fiber or hemp and soon Bridgestones Airless tires. I'm sick and tired of fucking flats and tire pressure. Soon there will be a day we all look back on the reliable cars of the past and laugh. An average will be 600,000 miles before you trade it in.

You'll still get your performance supercars too. Only they'll be faster and badder than before. Internal combustion engines is like the mainstream media.....a dinosaur going into extinction soon.

Except the future Sherbros.

Electric cars have no soul. Driving is well on it's way to being dead, it's just numb steering at this point with most vehicles.

100% torque instantly. Better in snow when two electric motors are paired with vehicle to deliver AWD. From all accounts so far, better reliability. Electric motors will outlast an internal combustion engine.

The only downfall is the extreme cold. I guess battery life takes a major hit. Hopefully they will work on that. I own a gas car and I will for the next 5 years, I'm just waiting for these car companies to work on the kinks and for the public to beta test them. I've been waiting for all electric cars with self driving capabilities. It's inevitable and will be here quicker than once thought. Telsa model 3 coming next year, a self driving capable Volkswagen and of course the GM car with a range of like 238 miles per charge.

Next year I'm getting a Prius which will be my last gas car. I will drive that until I find electric cars are up to par and there's enough charging stations around.

All we need now are for the frames to be made out of carbon fiber or hemp and soon Bridgestones Airless tires. I'm sick and tired of fucking flats and tire pressure. Soon there will be a day we all look back on the reliable cars of the past and laugh. An average will be 600,000 miles before you trade it in.

You'll still get your performance supercars too. Only they'll be faster and badder than before. Internal combustion engines is like the mainstream media.....a dinosaur going into extinction soon.

Do you mean Accept the future?

Electric vehicles aren't anything new. They are almost as old as the automobile. The problem is the time it takes to charge a battery and how long the charge lasts.

Electric forklifts have been used since the 1930s but they are in one area with replaceable batteries. If they are used more than 6 hours in 24 hours, the batteries can be swapped out meaning 2 or 3 batteries are needed for each lift. Forklifts need counterweight so lead acid batteries work well for that weight and they are used on level floors so they don't have to travel up hills.

Internal combustion engines have always been favored because more energy can be contained in a smaller, lighter package and can be replenished very quickly. Most vehicles carry enough fuel to drive for 5 hours then a 10 minute stop and they can go for another 5 hours. Recharging time for electric cars is measured in hours. They're great for local short distance driving and maybe up to 200 miles a day. Not great for long trips unless you limit it to 5 ours driving a day.

No surprise that some of the most cutting edge hypercars are hybrids

fbrywmx2sswrg1kor11c.jpg

landscape-1436384001-roa080115fea-laferrari02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you mean Accept the future?

Electric vehicles aren't anything new. They are almost as old as the automobile. The problem is the time it takes to charge a battery and how long the charge lasts.

Electric forklifts have been used since the 1930s but they are in one area with replaceable batteries. If they are used more than 6 hours in 24 hours, the batteries can be swapped out meaning 2 or 3 batteries are needed for each lift. Forklifts need counterweight so lead acid batteries work well for that weight and they are used on level floors so they don't have to travel up hills.

Internal combustion engines have always been favored because more energy can be contained in a smaller, lighter package and can be replenished very quickly. Most vehicles carry enough fuel to drive for 5 hours then a 10 minute stop and they can go for another 5 hours. Recharging time for electric cars is measured in hours. They're great for local short distance driving and maybe up to 200 miles a day. Not great for long trips unless you limit it to 5 ours driving a day.

Of course. But nothing is ever stationary. Electric motors will continue to evolve along with the batteries. Hence why I'm not jumping in at this time. With Volkswagen and GM jumping on board, two of the worlds largest car manufacturers, the technologies will improve fast.

Internal combustion engines are great and served their purpose, but there's way more upside to electric motors/cars.

Electric cars have no soul. Driving is well on it's way to being dead, it's just numb steering at this point with most vehicles.

You can still take your loud(pointless) gas cars to the track. Do some donuts and spin your tiiiiiires and have some fun with the boys.

All our cars are electronic now. But, I also believe in electric cars. I'll got a Model 3 in about 5 years or so. By that time, the kinks will be worked out and I think the battery technology will have evolved.

All our cars are electronic now. But, I also believe in electric cars. I'll got a Model 3 in about 5 years or so. By that time, the kinks will be worked out and I think the battery technology will have evolved.

Agreed. I also know a lot of people with the same philosophy. Performance wise they are already good (look at the Tesla ludicrous mode), they just need better battery technology that will be useful for the everyday person.

Longer battery life and quicker charges.

Electric cars are nice and I live the efficiency. Had the leaf for a few years, loved how quiet it was. Charging, you get used to that, no more gas station is worth the trade off. No smog checks.....

Down side, the heater takes forever and kills your battery faster. Range anxiety.... Limited range.

Now I drive a plug in hybrid, works almost as well as full electric. It probably costs me $100 in gas for the year

I don't ever want a self driving car, I can drive my own car just fine.

Hello is that you Elon musk? We no want lectric self driving car. By the time lectric car any good, virtual reality and robotics will be around. No need to drive then

Electric cars are the equivalent that the cd was to the music world.

Yeah, seems like electric vehicles are the future, sadly. I'm more into bikes and the lack of sound just ruins it for ya. How much worse for the car guys? When do you shift? But no worries about emissions and soil erosion now with Trump....I'm ready to destroy some land and make some noise!

The next big leap in technology will be in batteries. This includes car's and mobile electronics. I actually like the idea of an electric car, but until the battery lasts longer, and doesn't need to be replaced that often, I am not buying one.

The next big leap in technology will be in batteries. This includes car's and mobile electronics. I actually like the idea of an electric car, but until the battery lasts longer, and doesn't need to be replaced that often, I am not buying one.
Bigger batteries and the option of having playing cards in your spokes to replicate a real motor sound. :D

what would happen if everyone had electric cars ?would the power plants be able to keep up would there be more pollution

what would happen if everyone had electric cars ?would the power plants be able to keep up would there be more pollution

Who cares. I like the electric concept because of the reliability and performance aspect. 0-60 2.5/3 seconds bro.

When I need to take a long drive and I'm tried of driving and just wanting to relax, I will welcome auto pilot.

*accept

Hello is that you Elon musk? We no want lectric self driving car. By the time lectric car any good, virtual reality and robotics will be around. No need to drive then

Electric cars are the equivalent that the cd was to the music world.

<{danawhoah}>

Back