Electrical college vs popular vote

Which is best for hiring leaders?

• Total voters
She lost...get over it

I post a quote from your boy saying that the electoral college is bad and all you've got is.. "She lost, get over it."?

jiu-jitsu-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

And he is wrong on this as was Obama on many things.

Oh, he'll be proven wrong on a lot. As a matter of fact he's not off to a great start "Draining the swamp."

I post a quote from your boy saying that the electoral college is bad and all you've got is.. "She lost, get over it."?

jiu-jitsu-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

'
None of you cans were bitching about the electoral college on Nov 7. when you all swear on your first born son that Clinton had 270 in the bag so don't expect anyone to take your complaints seriously

'
None of you cans were bitching about the electoral college on Nov 7. when you all swear on your first born son that Clinton had 270 in the bag so don't expect anyone to take your complaints seriously

It should be the popular vote..

I'm just agreeing with your boy and you lose your ISH.

Wow.

Oh, he'll be proven wrong on a lot. As a matter of fact he's not off to a great start "Draining the swamp."

Welcome to the last 8 years for the other half of America

We'll be fine we survived 8 years of Obama and others before him.

Yup, because President Obama had sooo much support from the GOP.

Freaking borderline treason. But it's ok because Obama.

Of all the absurd combinations of words I've read this morning, this was the first to make me laugh out loud.

I like it so much, I'm going to use it.
And somebody will say, "WTF?"
And I won't be able to explain it.

Trump bless

I'm so sick of seeing people say this when they have no real counter arguement.

There is a counter argument. If popular vote was the method of winning the election then the entire game plan and campaign efforts switch direction.

I, for one, actually agree with you that popular vote would be the method I would choose....but it's not. Therefore, the candidates spent a ton of time in swing states and counties, and far less time in others. I would like to know how many days Trump spent campaigning in California.

We see similar analogies in sports, all the time. If the Cleveland Cavaliers scored more cumulative points in the NBA Finals than the Golden State Warriors, would they be the champions? Not necessarily, because that isn't how the series works. If that WAS how the winner was determined, the entire philosophy of the 7 game series would alter and the teams would adjust accordingly.

If you can't understand this simple concept, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

I, for one, prefer to select my leaders from the electoral college, not the electrical college. While I respect electricians, I do not think that our leaders should be selected exclusively from that population.

The Electrical College's nominee look trust-worthy enough...

08820e248bd3faee5142cb1429194ceb_L.jpg

Yup, because President Obama had sooo much support from the GOP.

Freaking borderline treason. But it's ok because Obama.

Well since the people that elected the republicans elected them to oppose Obama's policies they were doing their job.

I gave you a link and quoted the smaller states wanted assurances the larger states would not just rule over them.

And yes it was to prevent at that time what they considered the uneducated from being bought.

The second part was just as important as the first at that time that's why the compromise was made and now it is even more important.

The first part has become a non issue now with the states becoming the reason to keep it.

Bicameralism was the result of the desires of the smaller states, not the electoral college. The link you provided does quote any of the founders which created the EC in order to appease smaller states, it actually states and quotes Federalist 68 which explains it was a compromise to appease the political elites who feared the will of the general public. The EC was confer slight benefits to smaller states, but this was not a motivation for creating it.

Stem the tide of negativity that Barry is on

And that's going to "Make America Great Again?"

Here's what people don't understand. Let's say I have plant in Bangladesh and I make ties. I'm an American and I'm pretty successful. My factory cost me 5 million and I pay my workers an average of $2 per hour.

How is Mr. Trump going make me close my factory, build another one in the rust belt at 3X the cost, and pay my workers $7.35 to $15.00 per hour?

Remember, I'm rich, I can just say "funk it", sell off my plant and live on room service for the rest of my life.

Someone explain that to me, Please?

Those jobs are gone, Reagan saw to that when he gave the rich the tax breaks and they took their ops offshore.

And they ain't coming back.

Well since the people that elected the republicans elected them to oppose Obama's policies they were doing their job.

That's pathetic Old'

We're all supposed to be in this together. Mr. Trump is supposed to be "Master of the deal." Let's see if he can make a deal to bring us all together.

I'm willing to give him a chance.

But I'm wary...

Back