Electrical college vs popular vote

Which is best for hiring leaders?

• Total voters
I, for one, prefer to select my leaders from the electoral college, not the electrical college. While I respect electricians, I do not think that our leaders should be selected exclusively from that population.

She didn't actually that's my point
Are you Stupid?

Are you still one of those retards that believe TJ beat Cruz? cuz of your expert analysis?

The criteria to win was to beat the other guy unconscious or score more points.

Popular vote doesn't mean shit, it's just a statistic.

Seriously, the Popular vote has ZERO meaning.

And you only got part 1 and missed part 2 of the reason.

http://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html

It was for both reasons and now the second is even more important.

Read the Federalist papers and show me where the Electoral College was set up with the intention of giving rural areas greater say than populated ones. The Electoral College was created to prevent outside influences swaying the election (ironic, given the hacking this election), corruption, and allowing a group of highly educated political insiders to turn away any demagogues that may have swayed the majority of the public.

Also, keep in mind that there weren't as many states in 1787, so the advantages conferred to smaller states was not as drastic as it is today. The EC was clearly a compromise between direct popular vote and no popular vote; it was a creature of the political elites who didn't fully trust the public to choose the POTUS. This shouldn't even be contentious, it's a fact.

In a small, homogenous country popular vote might suffice.

But in a massive country, with many different/separate regions, peoples, economies etc. electoral college is superior.

That's not how it works.

More people in the state does get you more votes but one, two or even three states cannot control the whole country.

We are a nation of states and to remain United our government was set up to recognize that. This helps prevent ripping the country apart physically.

If you are an American you should have learned that in school.
Honestly it's probably time we dissolve.

Shit has gotten too big and competing ideologies are too different.

It'll happen on its own eventually, it's a consequence of multiculturalism. I could feel it during this election. We were close. It'll happen sometime in our lifetime, I'd bank on it. It's better than civil war too. And I'm ready for it. I don't want to share a country with Commifornia.

Neither... have congress vote the president similar to how other countries vote the prime minister.

Would allow them to truly elect the best man for the job, and would cause more people to come out and vote in local elections.

Read the Federalist papers and show me where the Electoral College was set up with the intention of giving rural areas greater say than populated ones. The Electoral College was created to prevent outside influences swaying the election (ironic, given the hacking this election), corruption, and allowing a group of highly educated political insiders to turn away any demagogues that may have swayed the majority of the public.

Also, keep in mind that there weren't as many states in 1787, so the advantages conferred to smaller states was not as drastic as it is today. The EC was clearly a compromise between direct popular vote and no popular vote; it was a creature of the political elites who didn't fully trust the public to choose the POTUS. This shouldn't even be contentious, it's a fact.

I gave you a link and quoted the smaller states wanted assurances the larger states would not just rule over them.

And yes it was to prevent at that time what they considered the uneducated from being bought.

The second part was just as important as the first at that time that's why the compromise was made and now it is even more important.

The first part has become a non issue now with the states becoming the reason to keep it.

Honestly it's probably time we dissolve.

Shit has gotten too big and competing ideologies are too different.

It'll happen on its own eventually, it's a consequence of multiculturalism. I could feel it during this election. We were close. It'll happen sometime in our lifetime, I'd bank on it. It's better than civil war too. And I'm ready for it. I don't want to share a country with Commifornia.

I think that would be a mistake weaken us to the point both sides would be much less.

We can work it all out and it will as long as the center left and the center right fight to keep the far left and far right in check.

We do that through our system of checks and balances.

America is out of date. This system of arbitrarily assigning each state a random amount of votes like some kind of game show is hyper retarded and archaic. Get with the rest of the world or even commen sense already.

All the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, gang bangers, white appoligists and useless entertainers who's career is based on playing pretend and make believe shouldn't get to decide anything for an entire country bud.

#Claifornialivesdontmatter

I think that would be a mistake weaken us to the point both sides would be much less.

We can work it all out and it will as long as the center left and the center right fight to keep the far left and far right in check.

We do that through our system of checks and balances.
When the far left are commies and the far right are Nazi's, something has to give.

Then you have the radical muslims...

I give it 20 years or so. Both are going to become even more polarized.

Country will fall as do all empires that grow too large. Blame multiculturalism.

America is out of date. This system of arbitrarily assigning each state a random amount of votes like some kind of game show is hyper retarded and archaic. Get with the rest of the world or even commen sense already.

LOL - you're from Canada.... how many times has the prime minister won the popular vote by 50 or more?

Trudeau won with 39% of the popular vote - meaning 61% of voters did not want him

I, for one, prefer to select my leaders from the electoral college, not the electrical college. While I respect electricians, I do not think that our leaders should be selected exclusively from that population.

I don't know, my HS best friend's old man was an electrician; Corpsman in Nam and then worked up to being a small business owner and important member of the community. He would have my vote, and I think yours too

Granted I don't think he went to electrical college, just OTJ

I don't know, my HS best friend's old man was an electrician; Corpsman in Nam and then worked up to being a small business owner and important member of the community. He would have my vote, and I think yours too

Granted I don't think he went to electrical college, just OTJ
See? It's only those uppity types that go to electrical college. I guess being an apprentice just isn't good enough for them! I tell you what, this generation...

Hey, Sherdog momos.
Campaign strategy would be a tad bit different if popular vote was used. You'd see all sorts of crazy stuff, like Republicans campaigning in Miami and Dems in Cheyenne.

LOL - you're from Canada.... how many times has the prime minister won the popular vote by 50 or more?

Trudeau won with 39% of the popular vote - meaning 61% of voters did not want him

He still got the most votes as a candidate:

Trudeau: 6,943,276
Harper: 5,613,614
Mulcair: 3,470,350

the rest etc

He still had the most votes

This isn't the same as with Trump not getting more votes than Hilary

If I had three kids and two of were in a smaller room I'm still listening to them over the kid whos voting to go to Chucky cheese
the home is a dictatorship, get your shit together

He still got the most votes as a candidate:

Trudeau: 6,943,276
Harper: 5,613,614
Mulcair: 3,470,350

the rest etc

He still had the most votes

This isn't the same as with Trump not getting more votes than Hilary

Majority of the nation did not vote for him -- systems are setup for representation based on winning allotted regions, not overall popular vote. If you are going to ridicule the american systems than dont come off on a high horse when our system uses FTTP -- especially when 39% of a vote obtains a majority government.

CzvYvcFUUAEXVrY.jpg

Back