Elections Electoral College question

They’re allowed to have an opinion like anyone else but I can’t stand when they talk like they live here.

“we” “us” “we will”

you don’t Fn live here, you’ll do nothing.
I agree they can have opinions but should be clear they are not living here. They should also refrain from calling our great cities shitholes unless they want to come down here and say it.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

I agree they can have opinions but should be clear they are not living here. They should also refrain from calling our great cities shitholes unless they want to come down here and say it.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Especially since the states they hate keep America operating. Without blue states America would be a fly over wasteland with nothing but black smog and mega churches everywhere.

It's simple. the Electoral college protects small states and gives them a voice so we aren't having liberal shitholes like California and New York deciding elections every year. Only retards with TDS all of a sudden wanted to get rid of it due to it being "unfair" because they didn't get their way. That's why it's called TDS.

The argument of the electoral college has been going on long before Trump. It was a thing in 2000.

It's simple. the Electoral college protects small states and gives them a voice so we aren't having liberal shitholes like California and New York deciding elections every year. Only retards with TDS all of a sudden wanted to get rid of it due to it being "unfair" because they didn't get their way. That's why it's called TDS.

Well, since it's largely those "liberal shitholes" that are picking up the tab for 'financially responsible' red states, maybe you should be thanking those liberal shitholes for even allowing your state to participate when all they are is a bunch of hypocritical freeloaders.

political campaigns are run like science (not counting hillary last election) if the popular vote meant anything you would see an entirely different style campaign by the republicans.
as it is there are hardly any resources used in areas dominated by democrats
Getting rid of the all in votes in EC would be bad for Demacrats and Republicans and good for American voters.

Your first claim shows that no, you do not get the basics.

Yeah, TS, the basics are this: The founders didn't anticipate the existence of political parties or a national media. They figured that voters wouldn't know anything about the candidates outside their own state, but they would know a lot about the electors, and so they'd vote for who they trusted to make a good decision, and the electors would take the effort to learn about the candidates. Further, they didn't figure that there would usually be a majority in the electoral college--they thought there would be a whole bunch of candidates and the electors could narrow it down, and then the House of Representatives would make the final pick. It had nothing at all to do with giving a disproportionate voice to people in rural areas. That didn't come into play until much later, and only by accident. When people say that that's the reason for it, you can be confident that they haven't done the barest minimum of reading on the subject.

Not really what I'm trying to learn.
But ok I know less than the basics..

No problem - if you win a state you get all of that states EC votes.

The key is that you want to win states, but states get electoral votes based on the population so you need to win the right combination of states.

No it’s true, those states are a net plus and pay for all The red states.

Your point of people moving doesn’t change the fact that blue states pay for the country.

Please post your results of red states paying for America? I’ll wait for it.
I find it funny how you claim to be American when you got your pre-order for the Xbox, 6 hours before it was on sale in the Good ol' USA.

No it’s true, those states are a net plus and pay for all The red states.

Your point of people moving doesn’t change the fact that blue states pay for the country.

Please post your results of red states paying for America? I’ll wait for it.

First of all that's a meaningless stat since that accounts for where federal dollars go.

So people that retire in the south, military personnel and base support, border security, all federal facilities, etc. all count as dollars spent in a state.

Especially since the states they hate keep America operating. Without blue states America would be a fly over wasteland with nothing but black smog and mega churches everywhere.

Without red states you have no where to train and house our military and you'd starve. Not to mention you'd already be a Mecican state or Canadian province.

Here’s the Toad of the american wanna be group. You’ll do jack shite since you live in Canada. And the only people dumb enough to be swayed by you were already voting for Trump anyways.

My naive friend, you have much to learn in this online information age.

Funny that it's only a thing when democrats lose.

It's a thing whenever a candidate wins the popular vote but loses the election. You mean to tell me that Republicans would not be complaining if they won the popular vote but lost the election?

I get tired of these punk ass foreigners chiming in and running their mouths too.
A bunch of voyuers peeping in at our political process because they are bored with their own lame countries. Chances are the economy of that "shithole" California is bigger than his whole country.

Maybe because so many Americans are clueless idiots who just choose sides and know less about their own political system than many foreigners? lol

They’re allowed to have an opinion like anyone else but I can’t stand when they talk like they live here.

“we” “us” “we will”

you don’t Fn live here, you’ll do nothing.

putin.jpg

Back