Elections Electoral College question

ryan3434

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I got the basics of the electoral college. If it wasn't in place you may as well call it the UNited States of California.. but my question is when one side wins the popular vote and loses the electoral college do they win anything (seats in a house. 5 bucks.. gold star etc) If not it doesn't seem fair to me.

Electoral college is only for deciding the President....All or nothing. There's separate votes for deciding the House and Senate.

And this whole "United States of California" shit is quite stupid considering California gets a bigger say in the election based on the Electoral College than they would if the popular vote was how the election was decided.

I got the basics of the electoral college. If it wasn't in place you may as well call it the UNited States of California.. but my question is when one side wins the popular vote and loses the electoral college do they win anything (seats in a house. 5 bucks.. gold star etc) If not it doesn't seem fair to me.
Your first claim shows that no, you do not get the basics.

It's simple. the Electoral college protects small states and gives them a voice so we aren't having liberal shitholes like California and New York deciding elections every year. Only retards with TDS all of a sudden wanted to get rid of it due to it being "unfair" because they didn't get their way. That's why it's called TDS.

the need to bitch scream and cry for 3 plus years

Of course they don’t, the popular vote is literally meaningless. It’s COPE of the highest magnitude.

It's simple. the Electoral college protects small states and gives them a voice so we aren't having liberal shitholes like California and New York deciding elections every year. Only retards with TDS all of a sudden wanted to get rid of it due to it being "unfair" because they didn't get their way. That's why it's called TDS.

you’re not American though.

please stop saying “we” when you don’t live in the states.

Also California and NY are blue states that pay for all the red states. Just more blatant lies from a person without any moral character.

Of course they don’t, the popular vote is literally meaningless. It’s COPE of the highest magnitude.
Just seems a little unfair to the majority that voted for What's her name. As an outsider it does seem like something should be done when that happens. What that something is I dunno.

Not true. But even if it was , it won't be for long because rich people are leaving those places in droves. Californians to Texas, New Yorkers to Florida, and so on. That trend is undeniable.

No it’s true, those states are a net plus and pay for all The red states.

Your point of people moving doesn’t change the fact that blue states pay for the country.

Please post your results of red states paying for America? I’ll wait for it.

Was just wondering if there is a runner up prize for winning popular vote

you’re not American though.

please stop saying “we” when you don’t live in the states.

Also California and NY are blue states that pay for all the red states. Just more blatant lies from a person without any moral character.
I get tired of these punk ass foreigners chiming in and running their mouths too.
A bunch of voyuers peeping in at our political process because they are bored with their own lame countries. Chances are the economy of that "shithole" California is bigger than his whole country.

Just seems a little unfair to the majority that voted for What's her name. As an outsider it does seem like something should be done when that happens. What that something is I dunno.

"Fair" is not the document our country’s laws are based upon.

I get tired of these punk ass foreigners chiming in and running their mouths too.
A bunch of voyuers peeping in at our political process because they are bored with their own lame countries. Chances are the economy of that "shithole" California is bigger than his whole country.
To be fair American politics is the greatest Show on Earth

They’re allowed to have an opinion like anyone else but I can’t stand when they talk like they live here.

“we” “us” “we will”

you don’t Fn live here, you’ll do nothing.

political campaigns are run like science (not counting hillary last election) if the popular vote meant anything you would see an entirely different style campaign by the republicans.
as it is there are hardly any resources used in areas dominated by democrats

"Fair" is not the document our country’s laws are based upon.
Your country's laws aren't based on being fair? Or just when it comes to election
This reply of mine does read as snarky but that's legit questions to your reply. No snark intended

The Greeks would

Many have left. I didn't say most or all. You got an issue with that?

Oh sure, given that the number one reason given for moving out of California is price.

https://calmatters.org/california-d...dle-and-low-income-people-leaving-california/

Cost of living: the defining issue
In the second quarter of 2019, the San Francisco Bay Area topped Los Angeles, Washington and Chicago when it came to people leaving major U.S. cities. It was second only to New York City. More than 28,190 people departed the Bay Area during those three months, close to double 2017’s rate, according to a regular migration report from real estate brokerage Redfin.

In 2018, according to the U.S. Census, about 190,000 more people left the Golden State than moved there. It was the second year in a row of the negative trend. However, the population is still rising due to the birth rate. California added 141,300 residents between July 2018 and July 2019, bringing its population to an estimated 39.96 million people, according to the California Department of Finance.

A recent Edelman Trust Barometer survey found 53% of residents and 63% of millennials were considering leaving the country’s most populated state because of its high cost of living.

The majority of people leaving reported an annual income of less than $100,000, while the state has seen an influx of those making $100,000 and more.

<puh-lease75>

They’re allowed to have an opinion like anyone else but I can’t stand when they talk like they live here.

“we” “us” “we will”

you don’t Fn live here, you’ll do nothing.
You sure ?

Back