1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Election reform bill

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Factory, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Factory Black Belt

Pelosi wants to pass a new bill, which makes conservatives worry. What do you think guys? Are their concerns justified?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...d-political-speech-pre-paid-absentee-ballots/

According to breitbart, it “expands voter registration and voting access and limits removing voters from voter rolls [...]”

Additionally, it:
    • Forces all states to allow all convicted felons to vote.
    • Requires all states to allow same-day voter registration, which leads to voter fraud.
    • Makes it difficult for a state to discover if a voter is also voting in another state.
    • Prevents states from limiting early voting.Prevents states from limiting voting by mail.
    • Requires all states to provide free mail-in absentee ballots.
    • Criminalizes political speech that the government deems “discouraging” to voters who are statistically more likely to vote Democrat.
    • Takes redistricting away from elected leaders to give to left-leaning commissions

2. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

I thought her own party wants to dump her as speaker.

Kandyland likes this.
  3. Factory Black Belt

I don't think that will happen. Mark my words, she will be 100 years old and still speaker.

4. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

The hard left wants to. The party loves her.

5. Finding Deebo Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!! Banned

I'm not sure why you added the "conservatives worry" qualifier. This should worry anyone. Unless you're a fraudulent piece of shit, then yes, this would appeal to you. Although I think the convicted felon thing deserves a little more scrutiny, as "felon" is a really broad statement and can open the door for abuse.

6. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

Wasn't there a "leaked" phone call where moderates were pissed at Pelosi for losing their way.

The representative from Richmond said in the phone call that the party leaders must stop focusing on social issues and get back to helping the working class.

Pelosi was blamed for Dems losing seats in the House even though people were voting for Biden on the top of the ticket.

Pelosi has a better relationship with Schumer than her own party leaders in the house.

If she isn't unseated as Speaker, then I see her be the focus of a big loss in 22.

7. Bacco Silver Belt

Of course conservative should be "worried"

They just lost and what happen in next 4 years is'nt going to please them

The left have a tradition of play the long game and demographic is on their side, if i was a rebublican voter living in the USA i would be like
    <6>

8. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

Registrations always seems to be the complaint with either party and often are mixed up with actual voting. I think measures to keep states routine and uniform with those would be useful but I’m unsure that Congress is able to do that.

9. Clifford_Harris Brown Belt

Dems really need to stop blaming Pelosi/Schumer for why they're losing elections. Pelosi and Schumer aren't losing their elections, they should focus on bettering themselves and not focusing on who is and isn't leading the House/Senate. The DNC wasted a ton of money pouring it into elections they had no chance of winning because they believed in fake polls. See South Carolina and Kentucky's senate races for example. Well over a hundred millions went into those races when that money could have been better spent on races where they had a chance to actually win. If Pelosi/Schumer are responsible for choosing polling and where to allocate money, then yeah it's their fault. Otherwise they should look at whoever is responsible for allocating resources, because that's a major issue. I live in SC and didn't even care about the Biden/Trump presidential election, but Harrison was promoted as having a real shot at beating Graham and that motivated me to vote in this election. Harrison wasn't even close, I believe he lost by 11 points.

10. Hit-N-Run Brown Belt

Not specific to this bill but that bitch needs to go. New blood please