Elderly Gentlemen With Military Hats, Pins, Etc.

Leonard Wood. And I was suicidal because I was conned by being idealistic and thinking that military service was an admirable path. I figured the U.S had evolved since Vietnam and the military was a volunteer force. When I arrived and saw that it was a bunch of sociopaths in charge and a lot of brainwashing, I would have rather been dead than blindly obey.

man, couldnt you get anything right?

You do know France and Spain are part of the West, right?

I am trying to understand your position. You claim if American uninvolved itself with the Middle East she would no longer be attacked, yet what you said here seems to insinuate merely being a part of the West puts you in a position to be attacked by jihadis. Is Latin America not west enough? Is their lack of direct involvement in the Middle East what keeps them safe, as to your original point?

Faced with a daunting several hour walk to get home, the original poster instead chooses to enlist in a 4 year military stint. He has now developed an extraordinary hated for said military. This thread was worth the read for that climax. Any screenwriter in attendance has to jump on this one.

Last edited:
Faced with a daunting several hour walk to get home, the original poster instead chooses to enlist in a 4 year military stint. He has now developed an extraordinary hated for said military. This thread was worth the read for that climax. Any screenwriter in attendance has to jump on this one.

How the fuck was I supposed to walk home 90 miles away? That's more than "several hours." It's like those in charge of the military recruitment process know exactly what they are doing when it comes to creating the perfect storm to get enlistees based on ignorance and a sense of entrapment. If MEPS wasn't so far away, I never enlist. When the command was asking why I enlisted, expecting to try and motivate me, I told them that exact reason. There's no true, valid motivation to serve in the current Armed Forces if you have any sense of right and wrong.

How the fuck was I supposed to walk home 90 miles away? That's more than "several hours." It's like those in charge of the military recruitment process know exactly what they are doing when it comes to creating the perfect storm to get enlistees based on ignorance and a sense of entrapment. If MEPS wasn't so far away, I never enlist. When the command was asking why I enlisted, expecting to try and motivate me, I told them that exact reason. There's no true, valid motivation to serve in the current Armed Forces if you have any sense of right and wrong.

I still don't understand why you didn't just leave. I have been "stranded" a long way from "home" before and always just made it home.

You put one foot in front of the other and move on.

I know guys that have walked and hitched all over the country.

I was driven to MEPs to take the ASVAB, but didn't know they'd be offering jobs afterwards. I knew nothing about the military. When I saw that the duration of active duty enlistments was an absurd 4 or 5 years, I was committed to not signing. However, the career guy said he was able to get a 20 month enlistment contract or something like that. I still felt that was too long, but I felt compelled to sign since how else was I going to get a ride home from the recruiter?

Looking back, I should have had the power to just say no and not enlist, but I didn't realize how possessive they viewed those fucking contracts.

LOL. This might be one of the most absurd posts I've ever read.

I still don't understand why you didn't just leave. I have been "stranded" a long way from "home" before and always just made it home.

You put one foot in front of the other and move on.

I know guys that have walked and hitched all over the country.

I should have just not shipped out. I could have signed, got a ride home, and then not reported for active duty months later. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sort of glad that I learned how criminal the United States military is, but I'm regretful that I had to be in prison for 2 months to find that out.

LOL. This might be one of the most absurd posts I've ever read.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. I was bored one day and sick of being ordered around by my boss. I thought you didn't get ordered around in the military and wanted another job without having to go through the interview process, so I went to the recruitment station to ask some questions. I was ignorant and didn't realize that was like throwing a slab of beef at a pack of wolves.

I should have just not shipped out. I could have signed, got a ride home, and then not reported for active duty months later. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sort of glad that I learned how criminal the United States military is, but I'm regretful that I had to be in prison for 2 months to find that out.

You should have said no and just walked out if necessary. What was the worst that could happen if you refused to sign, you had to find your own way home, so what.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. I was bored one day and sick of being ordered around by my boss. I thought you didn't get ordered around in the military and wanted another job without having to go through the interview process, so I went to the recruitment station to ask some questions. I was ignorant and didn't realize that was like throwing a slab of beef at a pack of wolves.

son, if you want to troll you at least need to keep it somewhat believable

son, if you want to troll you at least need to keep it somewhat believable

I'm serious as a heart attack. I thought you didn't get ordered around in the military. I was way too idealistic and ignorant. I figured with the way the military was portrayed, it had to treat people well. Instead, I found out it was all a con job and I don't understand how the fuck it is legal.

I'm serious as a heart attack. I thought you didn't get ordered around in the military. I was way too idealistic and ignorant. I figured with the way the military was portrayed, it had to treat people well. Instead, I found out it was all a con job and I don't understand how the fuck it is legal.

you lost me man. i was gonna play along, but you just cant follow proper trolling techniques. i cant respect that

What on earth made you believe that, I have never seen or heard that anywhere.

Any study of history would tell you that. Even the recruiting commercials don't show that at all.

Don't get me wrong. I do respect the fact that individuals went to war brainwashed it was for their country. But at some point you have to wake up and be mad as hell, and seek to right the wrong. Vietnam should have caused a massive overhaul of the system. Politicians and the Supreme Court that upheld the war should have been killed. The military should have become an actual volunteer force. Instead, no lessons were learned and we got Iraq.

It is an actual volunteer force. I know you think that people should be able to quit any time, but that is not practical. Imagine tax payers spending a couple million dollars to train a pilot then having him quit to go fly a commercial 747 making more money with less risk. Not really sustainable.

When you enlisted basically because you needed a ride home from MEPS 90 minutes away from home, there's not much motivation to put up with sociopaths ordering you around and demanding respect.

As an adult you couldn't think of another way to get somewhere 100 miles away without joining the army?
Here are some ideas in case you are in that position again.

Walk. Old fat ladies walk 60 miles in 3 days for breast cancer.
Hitch a ride.
Call someone.

What on earth made you believe that, I have never seen or heard that anywhere.

Any study of history would tell you that. Even the recruiting commercials don't show that at all.

When I was younger, I was more idealistic. By that, I had this expectation that human beings were well meaning and the United States was the epitome of good. I figured Basic Training was being yelled at for motivation to exercise. At the time, I was jogging 10-15 miles a day and lifting weights, so I was excited to go to the Army to get in better shape and not worried about anything physical. Also, I figured the military had changed in response to Vietnam, since it was so unpopular and most people agree it was a waste. President Bush was on TV talking about the "Coalition of The Willing," so I figured military service was completely voluntary(I'm not talking their BS definition of voluntary; I'm talking you deploy if you agree)

Again, it was bad idealism and ignorance. I know the truth now. It just sucks that I had to be kept prisoner to find out.

TS i hope you get physically harmed in the near future.

Trust me, I have more hatred in my heart and desire for ill will for people like you than you could ever reciprocate. I'd slice you up and not feel an ounce of guilt, but it's just not legal and I hate the thought of prison. Plus, I'd have to take out 1000s of people like you to feel it was worth wasting 1 of me. It's just not practical.

Back