Either my friends house is haunted or I am..

That209

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There’s many people here that don’t believe in this kind of stuff (mostly ‘cause they’ve never experienced anything), but I’m not going to argue about whether ghosts are real or not.

Believe what ever you want

EDIT:

So I just walked out of the fucking house and into the backyard because I heard what sounded like 3 clear
footsteps upstairs in the hallway. The hallway floor is loud as fuck so fuck this. Literally like 4 mins after I post the thread. I’m chilling with the pet birds now.

I think my best friend has a ghost here. I honestly believe it could be his grandma that died like 10 years ago or more. It’s either that or I’m the one that’s haunted, not his house. Apparently it’s not always the property that’s haunted, but a person can be.

I’ve been staying at his family home for nearly a week now because his parents are vacationing in Portugal.

For two nights, I’ve heard and felt some strange things that I can’t ‘rationally’ explain. The first night it happened, I was trying to sleep in his parents room and it felt like somebody slightly tugged the corner of my pillow, it stopped and it’d happen again a few seconds later, then again and again.

I looked up to see if one of my friends snuck in (there’s been 3-4 of us here the last week) and was messing with me but, of course, only I was in the room. I lay my head back down and then I hear the bed frame creaking pretty loud.

Ok, maybe it was my imagination, right? Maybe I’m just overthinking things and I’m losing it. That’s what I chalked it up to - it’s in my head, I’m overreacting and not thinking logically.

Last night (2 nights after the first ‘incident’), I’m trying to sleep in the living room on the futon because it’s cooler down here. It was only myself and my best friend here last night and he was asleep in his room downstairs, snoring so loud I wouldn’t be surprised if his parents heard it over in Portugal.

There’s a plastic Walmart bag across from me that we used to clean some garbage up and it was (still is) hanging from a knob on a drawer or whatever - I hear the bag make that annoying trademark plastic bag sound

There’s no wind blowing it around and the AC definitely didn’t do it. If it was wind or the AC, I don’t think it would be just one rustling sound as if someone walked by and brushed against it. I think nothing of it. The futon was still folded up like a couch and I was facing the other half of the bed/couch if that makes sense, and it felt like somebody sat down right behind my back. You all know what that feels like, it’s unmistakable.

I turn over, still trying to rationalize but of course I’m pretty on edge again and immediately think about the other night. A few minutes later I decide to lay at the other end of the futon. I put my head where my feet previously were because I turned the TV on. I needed some light and a little bit of sound because I felt very uneasy about what just happened. I’m facing the room now instead of the other half of the bed/wall (hope the way I’m explaining this makes sense).

A few minutes go by and now it feels like somebody lightly poking my chest and left shoulder every few seconds. I opened my eyes and looked down and I can see the blanket moving in and out. I got up, went to my friends room and tried to sleep on the couch, but I obviously couldn’t get to sleep at all. I was way too freaked out at this point because someone or something was pulling my pillow, moving around the room, sitting down beside me and started to fucking touch me.

It felt like someone was watching me for most of the night after all of this. Like they’re staring at me, it stops for a few minutes and then start watching again. I’m not looking for any reasonable explanations anymore because there isn’t one. I’m still here, but my friend is at work so I’m alone, tired as fuck but too terrified to lay down to try sleeping. I’m going to have to try soon, though, because I don’t want to sleep all day when my buddy gets home.

———————————————————————————————————————-——-———-

The reason I mentioned his grandma is because he told me a long time ago that he’d see and hear her in the house. One of the main things he’d see is her walking down the stairs into the living room (where I tried sleeping last night, same room she always slept in, looking at the stairs right now actually). If he didn’t see her coming down these stairs, he’d still hear it.

It used to terrify him but then he started having comforting dreams of her, where she told him it was ok and all that. When he finally stopped being scared, she said goodbye to him and he stopped seeing her. Another weird thing is, he had a dream of her the night she died or the night before (I forget now), it was of a coffin and it would open, then her hand came out and gripped around the door or something, and that was it.

He knew it was her because of her wedding ring. Then his parents woke him up, told him she died and if I remember correctly, gave him her ring. Pretty sure it happened on her couch in the living room, too. I never understood a single word she ever said because she only spoke Portuguese, but I remember she’d crack jokes at us all the time. He’d laugh and translate. Last time I saw her, we were in like, 3rd grade or something.

Also, I say maybe I’m the one that’s haunted and not the house, it’s because I’ve had a few other ‘experiences’ before. The most common is the feeling of being watched during the night for a few minutes at a time, then it stops and starts again, then again, etc. This has happened literally everywhere I’ve ever lived except for the new place I’m in. I guess my old city (Cambridge, Ontario) likes to fuck with me,

TLDR

Felt like someone kept pulling my pillow.

Then I heard the bed frame creaking as if someone was moving but it wasn’t me.

Heard plastic bag rustling noise like someone brushed against it.

Felt like someone sat down on the futon I was trying to sleep on.

Felt someone/something poking my chest and shoulder.

I could actually see the blanket being pushed in every time the poke happened.

Went to a different room out of fear, but felt like I was being watched the rest of the night.

I’m here alone, exhausted, but too afraid to try sleeping.

Last edited:
Not too shocking all the countries on the North American continent were built on Indian burial grounds so that’s one troupe down...

Remember: When you have yet to discover the scientific explanation

It is 100% ghosts

<LikeReally5>

It sounds like people are walking in my attic quite often.

It happens because the heat is building up and then slowly radiating away, causing wood beams to flex and creak. This coupled with wind flowing through via the vents makes for a pretty convincing walking noise above the 2nd floor ceilings.

Just putting it out there

Could possibly be a hormonal imbalance coupled with a poltergeist.

Don't worry, I know a diverse group of smart, strong, capable women who will protect you......

source.gif

Remember: When you have yet to discover the scientific explanation

It is 100% ghosts

<LikeReally5>

What could the scientific explanation be behind noticeable poking to my chest and shoulder, which was both something you feel and see happening.

As well as the pillow being pulled multiple times. The bed frame making a pop sound that only happens when you move around.

The sound of something touching/brushing against the plastic Walmart bag. Now what sounded like 3 obvious footsteps in the hallway that has loud, creaky floorboards?

I kept trying to rationalize things until the chest and shoulder poking started. Especially because I was able to watch it happening.

I’m done trying to explain it away, man. It’s too much. Trying to rationalize this now would be what’s really crazy.

I’m thinking of just blaming the Walmart bag next because Walmart is fucked.

There’s like, a 93 y/o Portuguese woman going around the house fucking with me.

Help.

Ronnie LOOMS

I’d seriously prefer it be him instead of his grandma. She used to scare me when I was a kid.

Mostly because she looked really old (she is/was) and yelled a lot because that’s just how Portuguese people talk for some reason. I was scared of my own great grandmother, too, so I’m not trying to be rude lol.

Now I’m just scared of his mom becsuse she’s scary.

Not too shocking all the countries on the North American continent were built on Indian burial grounds so that’s one troupe down...

Well they need to get over it now or something. I didn’t build this shit.

Story created out of fear.

Fear created by what’s been going on. You’d be scared, too. You’d change your name to OMGportugueseghost.

That ghost finna whoop your non-rent-paying ass

Nah she probably just wants me to record her TV show. She always made us do that for her when we were kids lol. Or this is just her way of calling me a stooge again.

What could the scientific explanation be behind noticeable poking to my chest and shoulder, which was both something you feel and see happening.

As well as the pillow being pulled multiple times. The bed frame making a pop sound that only happens when you move around.

The sound of something touching/brushing against the plastic Walmart bag. Now what sounded like 3 obvious footsteps in the hallway that has loud, creaky floorboards?

I kept trying to rationalize things until the chest and shoulder poking started. Especially because I was able to watch it happening.

I’m done trying to explain it away, man. It’s too much. Trying to rationalize this now would be what’s really crazy.

I’m thinking of just blaming the Walmart bag next because Walmart is fucked.

There’s like, a 93 y/o Portuguese woman going around the house fucking with me.

Help.

Maybe you're a crazy person?

Its probably your friend playing jokes on you.

Not possible.

It sounds like people are walking in my attic quite often.

It happens because the heat is building up and then slowly radiating away, causing wood beams to flex and creak. This coupled with wind flowing through via the vents makes for a pretty convincing walking noise above the 2nd floor ceilings.

Just putting it out there

It was disgustingly hot outside the other day. Doesn’t explain the feeling of someone sitting down behind me, pulling at the corner of my pillow like 5 times and finally poking me in the chest and shoulder over and over which is something I actually ended up watching for like 15 seconds.

Don't worry, I know a diverse group of smart, strong, capable women who will protect you......

source.gif

It’s too bad nobody could protect us from the creation of this disaster. This female and racial empowerment stuff is so lame and just childish. Whoever comes up with these ‘ideas’ is just.. fuck.. what a piece of shit that movie is. Didn’t they just make an all-women Oceans 11 movie? Bet that was trash, too. It’s all sexist and racial nonsense.

Like they’re getting revenge against men or something as if their (the men’s) ideas shouldve originally been all women and MAKE SURE to have a strong, intelligent, independent black woman, too, or else it’s Hollywood white washing!

Did you know James Bond is just a shot at both women and people of Colour? Why can’t he be black? Why not a woman? Why not a black woman? Black tranny? Black dynamite? Or how about a half black 10 gendered alien? Or how about.. it just keeps going.

So many potential stars!

See my av? Why couldn’t Tony Soprano be an Asian woman or something?

Back