Egyptian judoka refuses to shake Israeli's hand after match

They might've gotten flack for it, but I'm sure that plenty of Jews defended their right to print it. There were probably Jews at the paper.

Probably yes, but that doesnt changes the fact that the cartoonist was fired, therefore its not acceptable.

In fact ill risk dubs to prove a point.

They might've gotten flack for it, but I'm sure that plenty of Jews defended their right to print it. There were probably Jews at the paper.
Wasn't the Jews who throw a hissy fit, its the Europeans who have massive guilty conscience about that thing that they did a while ago so Antisemitism is a big no-no. Hence it not being accepted.

I'm sure you know the definition of anti Semitic. You are just being obtuse.

N im sure you're aware by now that definition is outdated n doesn't make sense (especially in this context)

That would be like if both participants were Muslim n the one who refused to shake hands being called islamobophe

He would had been penalized if he didnt, so ill assume he did.
Yeah he walked of without bowing then was forced to return and bow.

Edit: sorry someone has already pointed this out.

Good to see that slimeball Egyptian lose. That's what you get for having your religion get in the way of having class in martial arts. Fucking douche.

I narrow it down to 3 possibilities for looking like a sore loser...

1. The guy just got his Olympic dreams crushed

2. The guy just got his Olympic dreams crushed by an Israeli

3. The guy was worried about getting his ass beat when he returns to Egypt

Good to see that slimeball Egyptian lose. That's what you get for having your religion get in the way of having class in martial arts. Fucking douche.
Maybe he's just mad his Olympic dreams were crushed. Why assume?

Lets see which one gets you killed first....and go!

But one would make me a victim, the other would make me an antisemite.

Would rather be remembered as a martyr of free speech than a nazi.

To me it's progress, usually Arab competitors just refuse to compete against Israelis.
Don't know if it's even fair to judge this guy, he would probably get a lot of shit if he did hug and shaked hands with the Israeli guy.
He still probably will get shitted on for losing when he comes back to Egypt.

Well, he got to be a loser twice that night. Fuck him. But not at all surprised. My old coach told me about events he was coaching at where muslims and Israelis would just walk onto the mat, then leave. Rather forfeit than make physical contact with each other.
Muslims / Arabs only. Israelis never forfeited as far as I am aware.

Anti-Semitism is one of the three acceptable forms of identity discrimination - didn't you know?

Only if you're muslim. If you're white you're a nazi or white supremacist.

It has to do with the privilege list

Muslims>Blacks>Jews>Whites

Fun fact, that guy El-Shehaby is a complete asshole in general, and gave us one of the GOAT judo gifs, when he was whining like a little bitch about a shido call during the world championships, but the match was not halted. Could watch this all day.

Poor sportsmanship on his part and reflects badly on him, his coaches and the country he represents.

His views of Israelis is the reason for his poor sportsmanship.

See my video above, where he is competing against another Muslim. The guy is a shitty sportsman in general. Of course his hatred of Israelis motivated his poor sportsmanship in this specific instance, but it's not hard to motivate that guy to act like trash.

I narrow it down to 3 possibilities for looking like a sore loser...

1. The guy just got his Olympic dreams crushed

2. The guy just got his Olympic dreams crushed by an Israeli

3. The guy was worried about getting his ass beat when he returns to Egypt
Probably all of the above.
To me it's progress, usually Arab competitors just refuse to compete against Israelis.
Don't know if it's even fair to judge this guy, he would probably get a lot of shit if he did hug and shaked hands with the Israeli guy.
He still probably will get shitted on for losing when he comes back to Egypt.
And the article echoed that sentiment
The International Judo Federation said that the fact that the fight even took place between those two athletes was already a major sign of progress.

"This is already a big improvement that Arabic countries accept to (fight) Israel," spokesman Nicolas Messner said in an email. He said there was no obligation to shake hands, but to bow is mandatory.

Messner said that even though El Shehaby ultimately bowed, "his attitude will be reviewed after the games to see if any further action should be taken."
As far as him getting shit on when he comes back
El Shahaby had come under pressure from Islamist-leaning and nationalist voices in Egypt to withdraw entirely from the fight.
Seems highly likely.
Fun fact, that guy El-Shehaby is a complete asshole in general, and gave us one of the GOAT judo gifs, when he was whining like a little bitch about a shido call during the world championships, but the match was not halted. Could watch this all day.

Is that a Tunisian? I guess they're better at political revolutions and Judo, Egyptians are such cans.

Because we all know the truth, so don't try to play a lame devil's advocate. He didn't want to bow to him either.
"We" all know the truth?? You think the issue between Israel and the surrounding countries is based on religion. That's fucking stupid and it automatically disqualifies you from having an opinion on this.

Back