International Egypt sentences girls who posted TikTok videos to 2-3 years prison. Crime : violating public morals

Damn, she's ridiculously hot.
<{jackyeah}>
I like how she technically observes hijab by covering her hair and her body up to her wrists and ankles but then wears dem jeans to show off her phat, glorious ass. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway I think its telling that these are the stories that catch the attention fo Western media, not the scores of dissenters from the ranks of the Muslim Brotherhood crowded into COVID infested prisons. I guess human rights don't apply if you're a MB supporter.

Sisi "protecting democracy"
tenor.gif

{<tongue}

But Sisi was supposed to stop this? How can this be?
I blame this all on the MB. They tried to take advantage of the Spring Revolution to take complete control and make Egypt even more of a theocracy. They got rid of Mubarak's previous Generals and appointed Sisi who then went ahead and took advantage to grab power for himself.

One good reason not to bring Islam to the USA

The U.S.A. is such a horrible oppressive country to live in

El Sisi gonna El Sisi. Really sucks for those girls

Ok Boomer girl is glad she doesn't live in Egypt

tenor.gif

ok-boomer-girl8.jpg

This chick is so fucking hot, sexy, like what the fuck is even Hollywood when complete no talent randoms like her blow 90% of Hollyweird starlets out of the fucking water. Nepotism, as they say, it's not what you know but who you know.

What is "DSL" ?

Dick Sucking Lips... which is a nice notion but doesn't really mean much. Any dude who's gotten plenty of head knows that the width of of chicks mouth, size of her jaw, length of her tongue, enthusiasm, along with skill is where it's at. Pretty lips are merely just inviting-- adding little to nothing to the experience. That being said she does have DSL's

2 years prison and fines of $18K . 2 girls have received this sentence .
3 other girls received 2 years prison.
Another woman sentenced to 3 years

Their crime : violating public morals.

https://www.dw.com/en/egyptian-tiktok-stars-jailed/a-54371869

In their rulings, which can still be appealed, the judges accused the defendants of posting "indecent" dance videos and "violating the values and principles of the Egyptian family." The women incited "debauchery" and also encouraged human trafficking, according to the prosecution's statement, which specifically named two of the defendants: Haneen Hossam, a 20-year-old student, and Mawada Eladhm, 22.

---

The string of arrests for “moral issues” is more broadly part of a clampdown on personal freedoms that has accelerated since President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi came to power in 2013.

A widely circulated online petition described the arrests as a “systematic crackdown that targets low-income women,” and urged authorities to free the nine young women detained in recent months for posting TikTok videos.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/egyptian-women-get-2-years-in-prison-for-tiktok-dance-videos/
---

Some third world countries have this very vague and nebulous concept where people can be charged for disturbing social harmony or violating public morals or corrupting society.

Yeah yeah I know some of you will half humorsly say we should be doing this too.

There also appears to be a strong class factor motivating the authorities' response.

El Sisi keeping Egyptians safe , as always !!!

don't you love it when a country that condones honor killings has the delusional small dried up balls to give lectures on morality?

If anyone should be arrested it’s PVZ.....they got the wrong girl..

In general the left-right divide in Egypt doesn't exist as we know it. In places like Latin America leftists are the champions of the poor against the right wing authoritarian elements. But Egypt its actually kind of the opposite; the more secular "progressive" types(relatively speaking, compared to the West they are most like mid 20th century cosmopolitans so still conservative by our standards) are anti-democracy because they know if they had to compete fair and square in elections they wouldn't stand a chance. They also support austerity because the countries finances are fucking trash due to corruption so not much money to spare for the mass in terms of welfare and subsidies and also the elite don't feel the squeeze so they have no reason to care; in other words, "let them eat cake".

Its the Islamists who represent the massive masses. They are the ones who run massive social welfare networks servicing the poor and run by middle class professionals(who also benefit from these services given the lack of a state social safety net)
I blame this all on the MB.
{<diva}
They tried to take advantage of the Spring Revolution to take complete control and make Egypt even more of a theocracy.
You mean they took advantage of elections and won? That's...the point of democracy. I know people pretend like they went full Ayatollah as soon they won but that's not really true. Sure there was regressive stuff in their constitution but this is Egypt, not Norway. Of course its going to be very conservative, the people are! Democracy should reflect the people's will should it not? People with moronic ideas like Obama's "I want the Google guy it win" seem to think Egypt only deserves democracy if they vote in someone who doesn't offend Western sensibilities.
They got rid of Mubarak's previous Generals and appointed Sisi who then went ahead and took advantage to grab power for himself.
Why shouldn't he have got rid of Mubarak's generals? He also tried to get rid of his judges and he was right about that too. Wtf sense does it make to oust Mubarak but keep the entire system he built over decades in tact? What kind of revolution is that?

Last edited:
In general the left-right divide in Egypt doesn't exist as we know it. In places like Latin America leftists are the champions of the poor against the right wing authoritarian elements. But Egypt its actually kind of the opposite; the more secular "progressive" types(relatively speaking, compared to the West they are most like mid 20th century cosmopolitans so still conservative by our standards) are anti-democracy because they know if they had to compete fair and square in elections they wouldn't stand a chance. They also support austerity because the countries finances are fucking trash due to corruption so not much money to spare for the mass in terms of welfare and subsidies and also the lite don't feel the squeeze so they have no reason to care; in other words, "let them eat cake".

Its the Islamists who represent the massive masses. They are the ones who run massive social welfare networks servicing the poor and run by middle class professionals(who als benefit from these services given the lack of a state social safety net)

{<diva}

You mean they took advantage of elections and won? That's...the point of democracy. I know people pretend like they went full Ayatollah as soon they won but that's not really true. Sure there was regressive stuff in their constitution but this is Egypt, not Norway. Of course its going to be very conservative, the people are! Democracy should reflect the people's will should it not? People with moronic ideas like Obama's "I want the Google guy it win" seem to think Egypt only deserves democracy if they vote in someone who doesn't offend Western sensibilities.

Why shouldn't he have got rid of Mubarak's generals? He also tried to get rid of his judges and he was right about that too. Wtf sense does it make to oust Mubarak but keep the entire system he built over decades in tact? What kind of revolution is that?
I agree with most of what you're saying but when the revolution occured and they had elections the MB stated they wouldn't try to take full power. They would run for some positions and let other groups run for others.

My view is filtered through a western lens of course but that's not what wound up happening. They ran for everything and had the votes to win, so it was democracy at work, but they were then too partisan and wanted a religious state with "terrorist" allies. So all the educated young people who suffered through the protests were marginalized because the majority of people are from the boonies and are mostly religious radicals.

As an American my sentiments are split. On the one hand an MB government would have been worse for our national security but on the other hand it was the democratic process at play where every person's vote counts. In the end they overplayed their hand and gifted the state to their own chosen "Secretary of Defense".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back