International Egypt sentences girls who posted TikTok videos to 2-3 years prison. Crime : violating public morals

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
2 years prison and fines of $18K . 2 girls have received this sentence .
3 other girls received 2 years prison.
Another woman sentenced to 3 years

Their crime : violating public morals.

https://www.dw.com/en/egyptian-tiktok-stars-jailed/a-54371869

In their rulings, which can still be appealed, the judges accused the defendants of posting "indecent" dance videos and "violating the values and principles of the Egyptian family." The women incited "debauchery" and also encouraged human trafficking, according to the prosecution's statement, which specifically named two of the defendants: Haneen Hossam, a 20-year-old student, and Mawada Eladhm, 22.

---

The string of arrests for “moral issues” is more broadly part of a clampdown on personal freedoms that has accelerated since President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi came to power in 2013.

A widely circulated online petition described the arrests as a “systematic crackdown that targets low-income women,” and urged authorities to free the nine young women detained in recent months for posting TikTok videos.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/egyptian-women-get-2-years-in-prison-for-tiktok-dance-videos/
---

Some third world countries have this very vague and nebulous concept where people can be charged for disturbing social harmony or violating public morals or corrupting society.

Yeah yeah I know some of you will half humorsly say we should be doing this too.

There also appears to be a strong class factor motivating the authorities' response.

El Sisi keeping Egyptians safe , as always !!!

El Sisi gonna El Sisi. Really sucks for those girls

Ok Boomer girl is glad she doesn't live in Egypt

tenor.gif

ok-boomer-girl8.jpg

That mouth does give me some immoral thoughts. And I'm not saying that just to be nasty.

Yeah yeah I know some of you will half humorsly say we should be doing this too. NO

edit: u are right, i am wrong
didnt imagined that people are that heartless

the golden rule is very simple yet very few aware of it

Last edited:
Can we extend this to people that actually watch tiktok, too? I kid.

I downloaded tiktok a few months ago just to see what the fuss was all about, I felt like I was getting dumber by watching the crap that was on there. A bunch of attention whores.

Deleted that app soon after.

So another thing like Instagram?
I think sorta? There apparently is some trend of people doing shitty Fortnite esque dances to music that is on Tik Tok.

And it drives me nuts hearing a song being played and you hear a kid at the store go "oh, that song is from Tik Tok" and I'm mentally like "no bitch, it existed for decades before that shit came around".

Oh yeah, and it's ran by a giant Chinese tech firm and the US Military has suggested their soldiers should delete it and not use it.

Now that the public in Egypt is talking about this, are they distracted enough for the Egyptian military to bomb the Grand Renaissance Dam?

Back