Egypt- Muslim mob burn Coptic Christian shops ahead of Blasphemy trial

So people acting out the nstructions of a belief system verbatim is not the fault of the relgion? That makes no sense. And this is nota minority of people in the Muslim world acting this way. You seem to forget that the entire Middle East and most of Africa is governed based on the laws of this religion. When entire peoples are doing it, you can't continue with the "oh well, it's only some" narrative that apologists like you keep throwing out there, no matter how untrue it is.

now you are getting it. Its the fucked up individuals and societies and NOT the belief system.

We all take things from a belief system. The key is what we takeout.

There are lots of muslims in North America who do not use the religion to go fucking nuts.

now you are getting it. Its the fucked up individuals and societies and NOT the belief system..

I've gotten what you're saying the whole time, you're simply not correct. Indoctrinization into that belief system is what created these people in the first place, that's what people like you don't seem to be able to understand.

We all take things from a belief system.

These people aren't "taking things" from the belief structure, they live it. We're dealing with people who still live in the world of the Crusades, people that think that God or Allah are whatever you want to name it watches their every move and has a hand in their day to day lives. This is what is fundamentally wrong with your reasoning. You can't say Jihadists are doing these things because they're messed up people when with out the belief system's existence, there would be no Jihad in the first place. So yes, it is absolutely the fault of the Religion.

There are lots of muslims in North America who do not use the religion to go fucking nuts

Are you completely unfamiliar with homegrown terrorism? It's a huge problem in the US, and nobody is talking about it.

Are you completely unfamiliar with homegrown terrorism? It's a huge problem in the US, and nobody is talking about it.

Is it really? How many people post 911 have died from homegrown Islamic terrorism in the US?

not so much

Just basing the entire religion on the entity who founded it makes no sense

Jesus=the Crusades. Does the logic still hold up?

Funny enough the Crusades were a reaction to Muslim aggression.

funny how no one has ever started a war. only reacting to others aggression :)

I'm sure that was supposed to be a dig, but I mean it's a historical fact. Only an absolute moron or muslim would disagree.

now you are getting it. Its the fucked up individuals and societies and NOT the belief system.
Yes it is. Islam is based on conquest and it is the worst of religions because it's also a political system; the polar opposite of separation of church and state.

We all take things from a belief system. The key is what we takeout.

There are lots of muslims in North America who do not use the religion to go fucking nuts.

Only because they are in no political position to do so.

funny how no one has ever started a war. only reacting to others aggression :)

Yet another post that is entirely ignorant and apologist. My earlier question as to how the Crusades started was not rhetorical, yet you didn't answer it. The Crusades started when the King of the Byzantine Empire requested assistance from the Pope in fighting the Turks who were invading his lands because of a Hadith issued to make Constantinople a Muslim possession. Think about that. Not a Turkish, Persian etc, etc, possession, but a MUSLIM possession. The Pope then declared that it was the duty of Western Christians to help in the fight with the Turks. Glad to have educated you yet again.

Yes it is. Islam is based on conquest and it is the worst of religions because it's also a political system; the polar opposite of separation of church and state.

Ding Ding. This is the point that people like sammypops don't seem to understand. The Religion and the state aren't seperated, in fact the religion IS the state.

I'm sure that was supposed to be a dig, but I mean it's a historical fact. Only an absolute moron or muslim would disagree.

not a dig. Just joking around.

I recall in an ancient Rome class in undergrad that Rome's constitution prevented it from fighting aggressive war so every war was a defensive one

I do not know much about the crusades so I'll take your word for it.

Is it really? How many people post 911 have died from homegrown Islamic terrorism in the US?

The Boston bombings are an example. I'm not just talking about the US, but the west. Those guys that cut that English soldier's head off last year are another example, in fact they are all over Europe. There hasn't been as much of a deal made about them in the US because the any attempts so far have been amatuerish at best and unsuccessful.

Yet another post that is entirely ignorant and apologist. My earlier question as to how the Crusades started was not rhetorical, yet you didn't answer it. The Crusades started when the King of the Byzantine Empire requested assistance from the Pope in fighting the Turks who were invading his lands because of a Hadith issued to make Constantinople a Muslim possession. Think about that. Not a Turkish, Persian etc, etc, possession, but a MUSLIM possession. The Pope then declared that it was the duty of Western Christians to help in the fight with the Turks. Glad to have educated you yet again.

lol did you miss the smiley face?

So why have you completely dismissed every point made about it as irrelevent? Because you wanted to that's why. That's really sad and pathetic.

lol did you miss the smiley face?

Just stop. You're trying to deflect from the fact that you didn't know what you where talking about and got it broke off in your hind end by trying, lamely I might add, to pretend that you weren't serious.

People like to point to the crusades as some kind of dreadful, Western plague upon the world.

Never mind the history of genocide from any Islamic kingdom.. start with Muhammad and work your way through the Turks and until modern day it still goes on.

We're talking easily 10's of millions, easily.

not a dig. Just joking around.

I recall in an ancient Rome class in undergrad that Rome's constitution prevented it from fighting aggressive war so every war was a defensive one

lol this seems to be the case for a lot of people. It's fucking baffling how the Crusades are taught to students, if taught at all. Hell, even I was led to believe the muslims were totally innocent until I actually bothered to read about them. As if the Pope woke up one day and decided to send a bunch of christians over to the Middle-East and kill some muslims because he decided he just didn't like them.

Muslims were attacking Europe (and everyone else really) loooong before the thought of a crusade even popped into anyone's mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

The First Crusade was in 1096. Just look at all the shit the muslims were up to CENTURIES before that.

The Boston bombings are an example. I'm not just talking about the US, but the west. Those guys that cut that English soldier's head off last year are another example, in fact they are all over Europe. There hasn't been as much of a deal made about them in the US because the any attempts so far have been amatuerish at best and unsuccessful.

Its really not that much of a problem in North America. Something like a dozen people died in the Boston Bombing and if you count the Fort Hood shooting(done by a Muslim and partly religiously motivated) you get something like two dozen over a time span of over a decade. I'm more afraid of dying of a car accident or drowning than a terrorist attack.

People like to point to the crusades as some kind of dreadful, Western plague upon the world.

Never mind the history of genocide from any Islamic kingdom.. start with Muhammad and work your way through the Turks and until modern day it still goes on.

We're talking easily 10's of millions, easily.

Exactly. The sad thing is this knowledge is readily available, yet so many people really have no clue that muslims have always been violent and that the Crusades were a reaction to that violence.

So why have you completely dismissed every point made about it as irrelevent? Because you wanted to that's why. That's really sad and pathetic.

lol you are so far off point.

Reread the posts and you will get it, I know.

Back