EGO tournament /division rules?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by memphis88, Jul 20, 2010.

1. memphis88

memphis88 White Belt

I recently competed in an EGO tournament and Im catching alot of heat for sandbagging, because ive been grappling on and off two months past the 1 1/2 year limit for the begginer division. I was belt teasted by Diego Saraiva two weeks before and recieved three stripes on my white belt, and i was told that I would not be allowed to compete in intermediate due to my not having a blue belt. I came in third place in begginers and felt as if that was where i belonged. Can someone tell me if entering Intermediate is even an option?

2. tysnw

tysnw Brown Belt

i think it's only sandbagging if you come in 1st place..

3. Wrestleben

Wrestleben Brown Belt

It depends on the tournament. Different tourneys have huge spans of what constitutes beginner vs intermediate. That being said I've never heard of a tournament not allowing people in intermediate because they weren't a blue belt. Go where you feel comfortable. If you're not winning comps like crazy then your probably not sandbagging IMO.