Eggs Cost More Than Gas

Paid above $4 a gallon on friday.

Dam, has it ever hit 5$ for yall. I lived in Californa for a few yrs but that was back in late 90s and early 00s.

Last edited:
im still paying less than 2$ for a dozen, but the price has gone up significantly. news about the flu and prediction of the rise in prices came out like a month ago so it was no shocker though.

over easy, with crispy edges fried in bacon fat.

Dam, has it ever hit 5$ for yall. I lived in Californa for a few yrs but that was back in late 90s and early 00s.

Can't remember. Probably. I remember it was right around that price around years back.

Hopefully this new deal with Iran can bring us some relatively low gas prices.

I don't know about you guys, but personally, I blame the man.

Hopefully this new deal with Iran can bring us some relatively low gas prices.

I doubt it. Oil is already low. All this means is that the margins are better when they sell you gas at $3 a gallon.

Just checked my local ads. Only 2, safeway and albertsons. Both had 18 eggs for 2.49 and milk for 1.99.

The real question is how do you take your eggs?

I'm a scrambled man, myself.

Same scrambled. Not a big deal to me though not a big egg lover. Like it with pancakes and bacon but overall just not a huge fan of eggs.

They were high for like a week here and several restaurants couldn't keep supply; it's back to normal now though.

Robo-chickens get shitty mileage

Just checked my local ads. Only 2, safeway and albertsons. Both had 18 eggs for 2.49 and milk for 1.99.

yeah I see the Albertson ad now. Might have to swing by there before Wed when the Sale ends.

2.99 seems fair for the protein you're getting.

If you don't like it, maybe we can get OPEC to start raising chickens.

Eggs are so good. Used to do mostly fried, but now I do mostly scrambled. I might scramble up some eggs (always with cheese melted in. Always) now. Mmmmmmmm. Eggs.

Last edited:
Anyone notice the price of Eggs has skyrocketed in the last few weeks. I just paid 2.99 for dozen of egg. Store Brand even, not the good farm fresh ones. Whats going on, is there a eggs shortage or labor strike of some kind that is causing this maddness. What you paying for eggs.

I'm paying about the same as you, unusually high where I live too.

Back