Eggs Cost More Than Gas

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone notice the price of Eggs has skyrocketed in the last few weeks. I just paid 2.99 for dozen of egg. Store Brand even, not the good farm fresh ones. Whats going on, is there a eggs shortage or labor strike of some kind that is causing this maddness. What you paying for eggs.

Last edited:
Bird flu:

The carnage is the work of H5N2, the virus whose sweep through Midwestern poultry farms (Minnesota has been badly affected too) had killed 48.1 million birds as of late June. It’s the worst avian flu outbreak in U.S. history, and its impact is spreading: Egg prices have soared, and food companies, including Hormel and Post Holdings, have warned of likely declines in sales. The cost of dead poultry stands at $191 million; the total economic damage of the outbreak in Iowa alone is estimated at $957 million.

Source

The real question is how do you take your eggs?

I'm a scrambled man, myself.

The Bird Flu. Dam I thought that shit was Finished around the same time as Sars?

So is it only Americans that are suffering these high prices right now or are people overseas feeling it too.

The real question is how do you take your eggs?

I'm a scrambled man, myself.

Over Easy. Running as hell. Give me some yolk to slop up with my meat, bacon, sausage(links and patties),ham,etc..

Gah, some scrambled eggs sound amazing right about now.

it's maddddddddness!!

Over Easy. Running as hell. Give me some yolk to slop up with my meat, bacon, sausage(links and patties),ham,etc..

I feel that sausage patties are underrated. Bacon is always getting the love.

No knock on bacon, however.

They had to kill like a gazillion chickens with a virus.

Eggs skyrocketed for restuarants buying them in bulk

Umm-lette me make a couple of comments.

Sounds like the yolk is on you TS.

Because this thread isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Fucking birds should have gotten their flu shots.

Thanks Jenny McCarthy

gas is still more expensive than eggs in cali

Back