EFN 50: Emelianenko vs Maldonado PBP Discussion 17 June, 11AM ET/8AM PT/4PM UK

I don't know where to start.

Round 1 - jesus Christ. Fedor was absolutely blasted by a 205lb'er who isn't known for his KO power as such, who has finished ONE guy with strikes in the past 6 years. SIX. And he was fighting a few chinny dudes in that period too (Corey Anderson, Gian Villante). 10-8 for sure.

That's when it gets weirder. Fabio decides to basically not attack for the remaining two rounds. I honestly can't process this. If the fight was fixed, he wouldn't have gone for the throat so hard in round 1. But nothing explains why else he did nothing after that.

Maybe he was told to make it look good/competitive and landed a harder shot than he expected? But again that wouldn't explain his follow-up attack.

One thing I do know, the judging was fucking disgusting and the fact the judges are from an association Fedor runs, I have no interest in seeing Fedor ever fight again. However, despite his complte lack of skills these days, his heart is still exceptional.

It's basically one guy arguing against that. Everyone else here and over at rMMA are in full agreement that it should have been a 10-8 round. You are only disputing this because it's Fedor. Any other fighter you would have handed out a 10-8 no question.

From that other site:

"Lmfao Fedor said he wanted to keep the fight strictly 100% to his opponent's strength. Fuckin savage. My fuckin god.
He slapped him round 2 and 3.
That's the difference between these new breed MMA fighters and the GOAT. PRIME Fedor beats everyone at their strengths."

lmao

I'll ask again, do some of you guys really want to see Fedor in the UFC?
Short answer... no, he seemz done... BUT

I have a feeling the UFC would like have him in their hall of fame though... so I would think he would need at least one fight in the UFC. Maybe bring Couture back in or some other retired legend like Big Nog.

Maybe he could try & avenge his loss against Antonio "Ricco Suave" Silva... who also is not fighting well lately.

upload_2016-6-18_6-34-5.png

Of course the UFC bought Pride... so they could legit put Fedor in there without actually fighting under the UFC bannar

The only reason the ref didn't stop the fight in the first round is because he probably thought Putin would have him killed if he stopped Fedor.

First legit guy Fedor has fought since forever and got tooled. Fedor got KO'd repeatedly by a fighter moonlighting as a HW. Still can't believe they let that shit go on. Majority decision. Russia. LOL.

Please come over to the UFC.

If Fedor is going to stay in MMA, may need a new camp. Needs to adjust train really hard and avenge his three losses. Would have been better if he took that Fabio fight to the ground and finished him there.

Last edited:
This was not a robbery. At worst a draw.

just curious for people who have seen EFN cards before, are they all this good or was this one special because of Fedor? I mean I thought the production was great, the announcer was likable and the fights were solid, I'm def a fan of the promotion after today and look forward to more of their cards on fight pass
Production always includes theatre stuff, live bands etc. Orchestra depends on venue, certain cities orchestra, other cities rock band.
And generally loads of finishes

I don't know where to start.

Round 1 - jesus Christ. Fedor was absolutely blasted by a 205lb'er who isn't known for his KO power as such, who has finished ONE guy with strikes in the past 6 years. SIX. And he was fighting a few chinny dudes in that period too (Corey Anderson, Gian Villante). 10-8 for sure.

That's when it gets weirder. Fabio decides to basically not attack for the remaining two rounds. I honestly can't process this. If the fight was fixed, he wouldn't have gone for the throat so hard in round 1. But nothing explains why else he did nothing after that.

Maybe he was told to make it look good/competitive and landed a harder shot than he expected? But again that wouldn't explain his follow-up attack.

One thing I do know, the judging was fucking disgusting and the fact the judges are from an association Fedor runs, I have no interest in seeing Fedor ever fight again. However, despite his complte lack of skills these days, his heart is still exceptional.

The judging was undoubtedly retarded - but seeing blatant 10-8 rounds not given isn't exactly something unique to this fight, we see it (not) happening constantly at the top level in the UFC; so the fact that everyone's immediately concluding corruption, or at least a home town decision is a little unfair imo. I'm not saying it isn't the case, but it's certainly not so unusual as to justify everyone jumping to those conclusions.

It was a robbery in that there was no conceivable way in which the fight could be correctly scored for Fedor. It was a draw, or even a win for Malbababo.

Robbery implies that someone's W got stolen from them, which doesn't happen when it's supposed to be a draw.

It took my damn near 4 hours to like every single post(hopefully) to this point. I am never doing this shit again. @Wadtucket and @BC 206, I thank you guys for your service. You guys are the GOATs.

Are you seriously rooting for a pro wrestler over Hunt? As if Fedor's performance wasn't sad enough already.

Hell yeah. Haaaaa. I was a pro-wrestling fan before I even knew MMA existed. UFC 100 was my very first PPV and part of the reason was Lesnar headlining it.

Haven't seen the fight yet, but seems like Fedor won't be able to compete at an elite level anymore. Sounds like Fabio should have won. Fedor should retire, he is still at least one of the greatest MMA fighters or greatest MMA fighters by accomplishments there has been I think.

Hell yeah. Haaaaa. I was a pro-wrestling fan before I even knew MMA existed. UFC 100 was my very first PPV and part of the reason was Lesnar headlining it.

And here I thought you were a real fight fan, SMH.

Back