efficiency in II but still gassed during padwork

Being a bad ass at GPPs and circuits and etc doesn't automatically make you a bad ass in the ring.

They help, and I love them, but you need to do skill-related cardio.

If you plan to fight for three 5 minute rounds with 1m rest, you need to spar for 5 minute rounds with 1m rest. Once you can handle that, get a fresh partner for each round, or each half round.

Do thai pad rounds for the same intervals. Have your partners and coaches push you.

This.

Its harder getting BACK into shape because you know that you used to be able to do the exercise that just kicked your ass without breaking a sweat! You don't mind when you're starting out because you're always improving, getting back up there is a real soul destroyer!

And hey, Ross still posts here - glad the idiots in the MMA forum haven't driven him off yet

(ps. I hate Ross. His videos make me feel like a girly man)

I know

The annoying thing is I took some time out and I tried to go back into it as normal. I'm now ill with something and feel like wank (I only did 3 days on the trot) :icon_cry2

So for those of you who both train boxing and or muay thai and have followed II:

Do you still gas during padwork even if you feel you are doing very well in II and improving your conditioning greatly?

I know that my conditioning has improved bc of the way I can complete Ross' workouts in a way I couldn't before, but during pad work (especially muay thai with kicks) I still gas and it makes me mad. I work hard outside of my skills training but when it comes to doing something sport specific I feel pretty close to the same I was before.

any of you guys experience this?

I emailed Ross about it, and he told me he addresses this in full throttle conditioning (which i bought recently) but I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this and what they did to remedy it (if they did at all)

could be your breathing

Back