Effects of vaping in athletes

WhiteLightning

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is there any real evidence that vaping can negatively impact performance? If I have a vice it's vaping, and I vape like a chimney, am struggling to find any credible information on the effects it has on ones health though, specifically in regards to it's impact on athletes.

It's "healthier" than smoking, but you're still inhaling BS.
Not inhaling BS will obviously be better.

Increases estrogen and shrinks your testicles.

vaping is awful for you. One because it's awful for you, and two, because it's LAME AS FUCK.

Edit so closer on subject: It makes you a lame as fuck athlete if you're an athlete and you vape.

It's "healthier" than smoking, but you're still inhaling BS.
Not inhaling BS will obviously be better.

This. It is FAR healthier than smoking. However you are still inhaling chemicals into your lungs. And if you are vaping with something that his nicotine in it, nicotine isn't great for you. However you are avoiding the smoke and additives that come in cigarettes.

This. It is FAR healthier than smoking. However you are still inhaling chemicals into your lungs.

I know this is being facetious but you are always breathing chemicals.

This. It is FAR healthier than smoking. However you are still inhaling chemicals into your lungs. And if you are vaping with something that his nicotine in it, nicotine isn't great for you. However you are avoiding the smoke and additives that come in cigarettes.
What about gaping weed ?

meh.

know enough pro fighters who blaze up on the reg, not to mention countless NFL/NBA players

believe the positives far out weigh the negative

nate-diaz-post-ufc-202-cannabidiol-oil-video.jpg

I vape. I'm a cyclist who rides roughly 200 miles a week and I work out 5 days a week (mostly body weight with some dumbell work). In my experience, the biggest detriment is hydration. Vaping dehydrates you. It's really hard to keep water maintenance, vape and be extremely active. I've don't measure V02, but anecdotally, I can't feel it making a difference in my breathing.

I was exposed to weed at a very young age, like 8 years old or so. By the time I was 20 I had been smoking more of my life than I had not smoked.

Anything other than oxygen in your lungs is not good for them.

I smoke/vape/edibles once in a while. They all negatively affect your performance.

If you want to get high, i think edibles are the way to go.

theres also a difference between someone that smokes/vapes ocassionally vs a daily smoker, just like someone who drinks ocasionally vs a alcholic

all the fighters I train with throw down in the world of green

guys who have run marathons, ultra-marathons, and courses which only the elite are able to endure (navy seals/green berets/etc)

in the end to each their own, weed effects everyone in a different way.. what works for some doesnt work for others

Do you take it straight into your lungs, or do you fill your mouth first and then inhale? The second method is easier on the lungs, but the first method is easier for people with sinus problems/sensitivity. There isn't any reliable long term knowledge yet, and there are almost certainly unknown risks, but you should be able to judge your performance. If you are coughing up in the morning you should stop.

I wonder what the effect of hot air in your lungs does. It must do something negative.

Vaping most THC / CBD or "juices" is not good for you. The compound they use to emulsify the nicotine, or cannibinoids, is usually vegetable oil, MCT oil, Coconut oil or vegetable glycerin. These compounds, when vaporized at the temperature required to vaporize the nicotinue or cannibinoids releases a chemical (can't remember the name) that is classified as a carcinogen. When / if you can get a pure CBD extract to vaporize it's much, much cleaner.

There are some new studies that show vaping juices is potentially more harmful to your lungs than smoking cigarettes as some of the carinogens released are much more powerful.

I don't know a lot about the juice because I don't vape juice and don't care too, but as for the green is concerned I'd recommend ordering a pure CBD extract from herbaldispatch.com or similar website that services your area, and you aren't really doing any harm other than breathing hot air into your lungs, which IMO when you weigh the pros vs the cons of vaping CBD the pros far outweigh any negatives. However you can always consider the edible option. From what I gather vaping will normally let you more "bang for your buck" because you don't have to contend with stomach acid dissolving any of the compound, and you aren't "burning" away any of the compound from setting fire to it.

Vaping most THC / CBD or "juices" is not good for you. The compound they use to emulsify the nicotine, or cannibinoids, is usually vegetable oil, MCT oil, Coconut oil or vegetable glycerin. These compounds, when vaporized at the temperature required to vaporize the nicotinue or cannibinoids releases a chemical (can't remember the name) that is classified as a carcinogen. When / if you can get a pure CBD extract to vaporize it's much, much cleaner.

There are some new studies that show vaping juices is potentially more harmful to your lungs than smoking cigarettes as some of the carinogens released are much more powerful.

I don't know a lot about the juice because I don't vape juice and don't care too, but as for the green is concerned I'd recommend ordering a pure CBD extract from herbaldispatch.com or similar website that services your area, and you aren't really doing any harm other than breathing hot air into your lungs, which IMO when you weigh the pros vs the cons of vaping CBD the pros far outweigh any negatives. However you can always consider the edible option. From what I gather vaping will normally let you more "bang for your buck" because you don't have to contend with stomach acid dissolving any of the compound, and you aren't "burning" away any of the compound from setting fire to it.

There's also CBD derived from hemp and CBD derived from THC. From what I gathered from google, CBD from hemp is legal in all states and will allow you to pass a drug screen. CBD from THC is not legal in all states, but the effects are stronger for things like pain. Im interested in CBD for pain relief after training, so anything you have to add in this regard Id appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back