Effectiveness of BJJ in Judo?

Carlson Gracie Jnr created the rules. LMFAO!

Like I said in the past, just do not discuss any topics about BJJ 'cause you have no knowledge about it.

You didn't know there were lineages in Jiu Jitsu that didn't have the Gracies in it. Do not dicuss any topics about BJJ ' cause you have no knowledge about it.

You didn't know there were lineages in Jiu Jitsu that didn't have the Gracies in it. Do not dicuss any topics about BJJ ' cause you have no knowledge about it.

they might not have started with the gracies but then joined up with them later. Sorta how like how Kano didn't produce any of the jujutsu experts that fought under the name judo in the early challenge matches.

Carlson Gracie Jnr created the rules. LMFAO!

Like I said in the past, just do not discuss any topics about BJJ 'cause you have no knowledge about it.

He did created both major governing bodies of BJJ, do you have any evidence that such rules existed before and that they were specifically designed by Helio Gracie?

they might not have started with the gracies but then joined up with them later. Sorta how like how Kano didn't produce any of the jujutsu experts that fought under the name judo in the early challenge matches.

Wrong just plain wrong. Luis Fran

Last edited:
Considering the BJJ founding fathers were Judo players, I would say it would work just fine, especially if you have open minded instructors like myself.

To answer original question:

BJJ is very effective in Judo. :)

Considering the BJJ founding fathers were Judo players, I would say it would work just fine, especially if you have open minded instructors like myself.

^^ this + your sig is the funniest thing I've seen on SHerdog in a while.

^^ this + your sig is the funniest thing I've seen on SHerdog in a while.
Thanks, but one thing that gets me is that we are all a part of the Jiu-Jitsu family, so if you practice one grappling art there's no reason why you can't study others, people being close-minded are of of the reasons why they don't improve. No-Gi/Catch, BJJ, JJJ, Judo, and Sambo arts all have their short comings, but if you mix them together, you have one seriously great Grappler. I train at a Judo school, but I consider myself a Jiu-Jitsu player (a student of the game) first and foremost.

Thanks, but one thing that gets me is that we are all a part of the Jiu-Jitsu family, so if you practice one grappling art there's no reason why you can't study others, people being close-minded are of of the reasons why they don't improve. No-Gi/Catch, BJJ, JJJ, Judo, and Sambo arts all have their short comings, but if you mix them together, you have one seriously great Grappler. I train at a Judo school, but I consider myself a Jiu-Jitsu player (a student of the game) first and foremost.

I agree. Which makes your signature even more confusing, though. :)

But it also has the least ways of winning a fight, would a boxing match with no referee interference be "less restrictive" than an MMA fight with referee interference?

you can win in bjj by taking down your oppoent, passing guard and pinning. Infact most bjj matches end that way. In judo the reff FORCES you to stand up, on the contrary no rule in bjj says "ok you two have been on your feet too long, go to the ground".

Nefti Joining a federation and having lineage under a Gracie is two different things buddy. Just take it as a learning exeperience you and Lechien needed to learn.

Jigaro Kano>Mitsuyo Maeda > Luis Fran

Last edited:
That's there just to offend the BJJ snobs that think their art is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Hope you stick around.

f12 needs less fan boys talking smack and more open minded grapplers spitting game

you can win in bjj by taking down your oppoent, passing guard and pinning. Infact most bjj matches end that way. In judo the reff FORCES you to stand up, on the contrary no rule in bjj says "ok you two have been on your feet too long, go to the ground".

In BJJ if you are on the ground and top player stands up to 'disengage', the ref will force you back down.

Back