Efe Ajagba will never be a top 5 guy, but hes a MONSTER

ConorFacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everytime he punches you in the face ... holyshit

What will his future look like?

Efe-Ajagba-3.jpg

I think he's looked pretty good so far in my opinion but obviously hasn't stepped up to real competition yet. I'd like to see him do well.

Hes at cruiserweight so he can probably pick up an aphabet soup belt if he keeps at it.

Hes at cruiserweight so he can probably pick up an aphabet soup belt if he keeps at it.
He's at Heavyweight. Winning a belt right now would be hard but he's 25 and only has 12 fights so he's got time.

He hasn't fought anyone decent, and got dropped by a journeyman in his last fight. I like the kid, he's very impressive physically but I don't see champ in him at all.

Dubois is a much better prospect imo, although too needs to step up.

He hasn't fought anyone decent, and got dropped by a journeyman in his last fight. I like the kid, he's very impressive physically but I don't see champ in him at all.

Dubois is a much better prospect imo, although too needs to step up.
He got dropped by a journeyman when he had his guard down.
I wouldn't underestimate his win over Ali Eren Demirezen, a fellow Olympian who was 11:0 before he fought him. The guy has a stoppage win over Tony Yoka in World Series of Boxing and got beaten by Hgrovic in Rio 2016 and has never been stopped as a pro other an amateur, I'd probably rate him higher than anyone that Dubois has beaten until now.
In their fight Efe had an output of almost 900 punches total, so we know than his gas tank is pretty good for HW.
It's better to have some problems and slips at this stage of his career than later on.

I had been fairly impressed by him up until he was life & death with Iago Kiladze in his last fight. He was hit cleanly way too often in that fight & dropped by the Georgian as well. Not a good look. So, Ronnie Shields is definitely going to have to work on his defensive lapses quire a bit & get him to move his head after handing his own punches instead od standing there waiting for a receipt.
On the plus side, Kiladze is a tough guy who also gave Adam Kownacki a heap of trouble before being stopped by him as well. The only one that's really dominated the Georgian has been Joe Joyce. So, surviving that knockdown & coming back to finish Kiladze was a good learning experience for Ajagba.
Unless that knockdown was a sign of things to come, I think Ajagba will likely improve & go on to become a contender. And he'll be involved in several exciting fights if nothing else.

I'm not sure he'll ever be a champion, but he'll be involved in some fun fights, he has scary power and that usually ensures the tv companies will want to showcase him.

We don’t know what he will be but he’s got serious competition which is the reason he may not reach a top 5 which I think if PBC / WBC knows anything it’s getting guys they want in any spot . If Kownacki and Martin or potentially future WBC title contenders so is Efe .

Back