Edwin Rosario

Unknown Pleasures

--------------------------------------------------
@Gold
Reaction score
I guess I've been sleeping but he made it to the hall of fame.

Generally considered one of the hardest hitting lightweights of all time, with possible P4P the hardest right in the business.

Fought rather square to an opponent.

Man, I got to look up more of his fights. The only ones I really remember are his loses to Chavez and Camacho.

Dam, I was just looking as his rec on Boxrec and after the Chavez fight, he should be ashamed. I know you want some easy fight for the comeback trail but
fighting a guy who is 0-6 and another one who is 0-1 after you just fought for a world title is some shameful shit.

Last edited:
Dam, I was just looking as his rec on Boxrec and after the Chavez fight, he should be ashamed. I know you want some easy fight for the comeback trail but
fighting a guy who is 0-6 and another one who is 0-1 after you just fought for a world title is some shameful shit.

Take BoxRec and their data with a grain of salt, my friend, as they are by no means the end all to boxing records. Especially so with lesser known fighters. In the case of the two fighters you mentioned, I'm thinking that's probably the case.

Dokes, Rosario win with fourth-round KOs

The guy you referenced as having an 0-6 record is listed as having a 13-7 record according to a number of sources the day right after the fight (USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, etc.). Common sense says that that is much more likely a better representation of the guy's record considering the fight took place in New York, which was considered one of the four strictest states as far as licensing, sanctioning, and all that other stuff goes. I'd doubt very strongly that they'd approve a fight between Rosario and an 0-6 opponent at the time. I'd also assume that the other guy with the "0-1" record is of similar circumstances.

Your probably right Sharkey, I didn't look to see where the fight took place and I don't the state of NY would have sanction a fight like that. That just caught me off guard when I first saw it.

I've always thought rosario was one of the top punchers ever. I'd put him in my top five. Smaller men with power are usually much more explosive and with no one is that more evident than rosario. When he hit guys it was more visible that they were being bombed than with any other fighter I've seen. The way guys would contort and fall over was unlike anything I've ever seen. Just the fact that he kayoed Viruet when Duran went the distance with him tells you a little bit. There are different types of punchers, you have guys like chavez who had heavy, ponderous blows which did all kinds of damage, then you have guys like Duran who is a mix of the two. It's too bad Rosario got involved with the drugs, no telling how much better he could have been. He never developed the stamina and skills necessary to fulfill his potential. He could have been a much better boxer who could have set up kayos better. I was reading a couple weeks ago about how he died of an anyeurism which was thought to be drug related. Don't know what it is about them Puerto Rican guys but you take the heart of guys like Rosario and Gomez and add some ability and you have tremendous, gutsy fighters.

Back