Edwards vs RDA - Who takes it and how?

The winner is?

• Total voters

Anderson Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is clearly a no1 contender fight and a great fight at that. Both guys are well rounded, Edwards is taller but RDA has more experience and better ground game.

Who takes this and how?

I love RDA but Edwards takes it pretty convincingly, imo.

RDA will have his hands full but I think he gets the late sub.

I guess RDA takes a decision victory here. Edwards is a good fighter and well rounded, but he hasn’t done much to show he’s ready for the elite.

RDA lost a lot of momentum with his losses to the best wrestlers in the division (Covington, Usman), but gained some back with a good win over Lee.

Edit. Took a look at Edwards’ record and the guy has some solid wins. Nelson, Cowboy, Luque, Tumenov...

<mma4>

I guess he could earn a title shot over RDA here.

Last edited:
Brain favors Edwards a little bit. He has good tdd and on the feet he is much, much longer than RDA and very competent.

Heart favors RDA a bit. I think he can win by mixing in his wrestling and by keeping Edwards guessing.

Edwards is one of those weird really good talented fighters who snuck up on everybody
He could probably beat RDA and do so convincingly - Edwards is a gameplan fighter, and RDA has a clear weakness in his style. He wins by a close, but convincing decision

Isn't Masvidal Askren the no1 Contender?
It is
No idea why Edwards or RDA are even mentioned in no1 contender talks
Both need some more wins
Edit: Rafael is no3, but Edwards is no11
Leon should fight someone in the top 10, not top 3
Edit2: UFC rankings are retarded
Jorge (beat Till, who fought for the belt just before Masvidal fight) is no4 and Ben is no5

This is clearly a no1 contender fight and a great fight at that. Both guys are well rounded, Edwards is taller but RDA has more experience and better ground game.

Who takes this and how?
rda easy

Edwards is one of those weird really good talented fighters who snuck up on everybody
He could probably beat RDA and do so convincingly - Edwards is a gameplan fighter, and RDA has a clear weakness in his style. He wins by a close, but convincing decision
Reminds me of Neil Magny. Kinda bland and a bit boring...
We’ll see

agreed
but he's a better athlete than Magny, who is just weird and lanky and can be bumrushed

I’m still amazed how he survived that onslaught by Lombard and managed to win. Not many fighters could do that so, respect to Magny

I think either guy would need to beat one more guy before a title shot, at least one more. I favour RDA here, but I expect this will be very close.

I hate the fight for RDA. Rooting for him, but Edwards is much bigger and longer. He's going to stay at distance and point fight, and his reach advantage will make it hard for RDA to do anything about it

I hate the fight for RDA. Rooting for him, but Edwards is much bigger and longer. He's going to stay at distance and point fight, and his reach advantage will make it hard for RDA to do anything about it

How do you think their grappling matches up?

This is a good fight just about everywhere. Both can strike at all ranges and are especially danger at close and clinch range and both can grapple. Both have gone 5 rounds but I favor RDA the longer the fight goes but I think I'm leaning toward Leon overall. I think he's a darkhorse in the truest sense and has done the best against Kamaru so far imo and has only improved since then(so has Kamaru obviously). Damn good fight though.

Back