Eduardo Dantas vs Manny Vazquez Set For Bellator 215

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...ion-eduardo-dantas-manny-vazquez-bellator-215

Eduardo Dantas is ready to get back inside the Bellator cage.

The former Bellator bantamweight champion is set to meet Manny Vazquez on the main card of Bellator 215 in Uncasville, CT, on Feb. 15, multiple sources told MMA Fighting on Wednesday.

Dantas (20-6) fought for the last time in July, when he suffered a leg fracture before losing by first-round knockout loss to Michael McDonald. Prior to the defeat, “Dudu” lost his 135-pound belt in a decision loss to Darrion Caldwell.

Dantas, who underwent surgery days after his loss to McDonald, was riding a four-fight winning streak over Mike Richman, Marcos Galvao, Joe Warren and Leandro Higo prior to his losing skid.

Vazquez (12-3) fought once under the Bellator banner, defeating Nate Williams via decision in March 2017. He cut down to flyweight to compete at Dana White’s Contender Series in July of that year, losing a decision to Joby Sanchez. Vazquez returned to 135 pounds to score a title win over Shawn West in March 2018.

Bellator 215 is set to take place at the Mohegan Sun Arena and features a heavyweight bout between Matt Mitrione and Sergei Kharitonov in the main event.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...ion-eduardo-dantas-manny-vazquez-bellator-215

Eduardo Dantas is ready to get back inside the Bellator cage.

The former Bellator bantamweight champion is set to meet Manny Vazquez on the main card of Bellator 215 in Uncasville, CT, on Feb. 15, multiple sources told MMA Fighting on Wednesday.

Dantas (20-6) fought for the last time in July, when he suffered a leg fracture before losing by first-round knockout loss to Michael McDonald. Prior to the defeat, “Dudu” lost his 135-pound belt in a decision loss to Darrion Caldwell.

Dantas, who underwent surgery days after his loss to McDonald, was riding a four-fight winning streak over Mike Richman, Marcos Galvao, Joe Warren and Leandro Higo prior to his losing skid.

Vazquez (12-3) fought once under the Bellator banner, defeating Nate Williams via decision in March 2017. He cut down to flyweight to compete at Dana White’s Contender Series in July of that year, losing a decision to Joby Sanchez. Vazquez returned to 135 pounds to score a title win over Shawn West in March 2018.

Bellator 215 is set to take place at the Mohegan Sun Arena and features a heavyweight bout between Matt Mitrione and Sergei Kharitonov in the main event.
Interesting skill set. Let´s hope he gets back on track...

Good to see him back after that injury.

Wow Dantas is tough. That injury against McDonald looked brutal. Dantas is underrated. Another Bellator OG still fighting hard. It’s crazy to think guys like him, Chandler, Pitbull, Lima are already 30+. Bellator has been around for a grip.

Might be the only one, but I´d like to see Dantas vs Pico, for instance...

must be because of skill sets match-up..

Dantas is a big BW, by the way...
he just got horribly KO'd inside 1 minute by a bantamweight, suggesting that he should face a heavy hitter featherweight wrestler seems absurd to me, but ok

he just got horribly KO'd inside 1 minute by a bantamweight, suggesting that he should face a heavy hitter featherweight wrestler seems absurd to me, but ok
hmmm...yeahh.. Pico was KOed...inside 30sec... by a journeyman, a few fights ago..last year...

Happens that Im interested in watchin´ this skill set match-up...

hmmm...yeahh.. Pico was KOed...inside 30sec... by a journeyman, a few fights ago..last year...

Happens that Im interested in watchin´ this skill set match-up...
he wasn't KO'd, he went down and Freeman then submitted him, and the guy was a lightweight, you're talking about a bantamweight

why the fuck no one respects weight classes anymore? they exist for a reason

he wasn't KO'd, he went down and Freeman then submitted him, and the guy was a lightweight, you're talking about a bantamweight

why the fuck no one respects weight classes anymore? they exist for a reason
helax, you´re gettin´too invested here,lmao... It´s a fight that would interest me, that´s it...
(true, forgot about the sub after he was rocked, but it was still...30 sec..and a jourmeyman)

Dantas is a big BW...

In time, "weight classes not hespected any more"? Weight classes are a nu thing in NHB/MMA history, bro...

Last edited:
helax, you´re gettin´too invested here,lmao... It´s a fight that would interest me, that´s it...
(true, forgot about the sub after he was rocked, but it was still...30 sec..and a jourmeyman)

Dantas is a big BW...

In time, "weight classes not hespected any more"? Weight classes are a nu thing in NHB/MMA history, bro...
it's not a new thing and i'm relaxed

your comparison just doesn't make any sense, Freeman is a average sized legit LW and Dudu is a BW who has been KO'd by a flyweight, this ain't a good fight

it's not a new thing and i'm relaxed

your comparison just doesn't make any sense, Freeman is a average sized legit LW and Dudu is a BW who has been KO'd by a flyweight, this ain't a good fight
nah, you´re not helaxed, ya wanna force someone else to have the same interest, doesnt make sense, Im afraid...

McDonald was a BW not a FLW.

Weight classes are a nu thing, dude... This shit started a long time ago...

nah, you´re not helaxed, ya wanna force someone else to have the same interest, doesnt make sense, Im afraid...

McDonald was a BW not a FLW.

Weight classes are a nu thing, dude... This shit started a long time ago...
first of all, by "nu thing" you mean new? if so you're wrong

second, yes i'm relaxed, and no, i'm not forcing anything, i'm just stating you're wrong by trying to make sense of this fight by bringing up Pico's debut against a lightweight, if you want to see it ok, but it's probably not going to be competitive and a big part to why it's because of the size/power/athleticism difference, Higo was a big BW and couldn't take it

finally, i'm not talking about McDonald..

first of all, by "nu thing" you mean new? if so you're wrong

second, yes i'm relaxed, and no, i'm not forcing anything, i'm just stating you're wrong by trying to make sense of this fight by bringing up Pico's debut against a lightweight, if you want to see it ok, but it's probably not going to be competitive and a big part to why it's because of the size/power/athleticism difference, Higo was a big BW and couldn't take it

finally, i'm not talking about McDonald..
ah dude, ya dont know what ya´re talkin´ about, this shit is a new thing, this is a recent fight configuration. NHB/MMA didnt start with UFC 1...

Has to be about McDonald, this is Dantas´most recent KO.

In time, since he joined Bellator, Dantas fought against 7 dudes:

Marcos Galvão
Anthony Leone
Joe Warren
Mike Richman
Darrion Caldwell
Leandro Higo
Mcdonald

Out of these 7 dudes, 6 are fightin´ or used to fight or once fought @FW

So puh-lease...

Back