Edson Barboza vs. Lucas Martins UFC ON FX 7

Mr Kush KIlla

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
First off i havent been overly impressed with Edson Barbosa so far in the UFC, sure his spinning wheel kick was spectacular but besides his first fight where he stopped that guy with leg kicks all of his fights have been competitive.

He is fighting some 12-0 prospect from Chutebox

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lucas-Martins-100031

Kid seems solid, great striking and jiu jitsu.

Also his last 6 fights were in less than a month Oct 25 - Dec 13 and were all stopages

Kid looks good, cant find any other fights online from him, but he looks nasty.

I wouldnt be suprised if Barboza loses a decision to hit or get knocked out/submitted.

Last edited:
I had not heard of the guy before, but 12-0 Chutebox prospect is intriguing. Should be a fun fight and maybe worth a bet if he's a big underdog.

I had not heard of the guy before, but 12-0 Chutebox prospect is intriguing. Should be a fun fight and maybe worth a bet if he's a big underdog.

His last 6 fights were in a span of 3 weeks and all finishes. Including 2 fights in one night.

This is the fight I want to see the most on that whole card, actually.

check him finish this dude with a jumping leg kick switch into high kick

Last edited:
here you go Kush

There was a good highlight video of Lucas on youtube, but apparently the user recently removed it. Dunno why

By the looks of it, that guy likes to fight a lot on the outside like Barbosa and that's why he's gonna loose. If want to beat Barbosa standing, you need to close the distance and don't play his game.

i love the double round kick! that was a sickkk KO. this is going to be a very exciting match up for sure

By the looks of it, that guy likes to fight a lot on the outside like Barbosa and that's why he's gonna loose. If want to beat Barbosa standing, you need to close the distance and don't play his game.

Lets be honest this guy is not a killer at the distance striking. He arguable lost to ross pearson, very close fight with Anthony Njokuani, very close fight with etim till he did the spinning heel kick, and lost to varner.

This prospect is just 2 years younger, and they have the same style. He might be better than barboza

They got similar styles, so I'm picking Barboza via superior athleticism and experience.

But a upset would be interesting.

Lets be honest this guy is not a killer at the distance striking. He arguable lost to ross pearson, very close fight with Anthony Njokuani, very close fight with etim till he did the spinning heel kick, and lost to varner.

This prospect is just 2 years younger, and they have the same style. He might be better than barboza

This is plain silly, Barboza beat Pearson for sure, it wasn't arguable that he lost. He lost to Varner whom I'm sure he was worried bout the wrestling and got caught with a shot, Varners stand up is not on the same level as Barbozas and he has the best KO ever vs Etim and you somehow say something negative about that right? Njokuani along with Barbosa are the two best MT guys in their weight in the entire sport, of course it'll be close. I'm watching these videos and it's pretty clear that this guy doesn't make the striking of Barbosa, unless he's better on the ground than Barbosa I don't see him winning.

idk, personally i wasn't that impressed with his striking in that first video. he looked good because the other guy looked TERRIBLE. the other fighter was clearly a BJJ fighter but looked like a fish out of water standing. he did show a decent ground game i guess.

people also gotta remember, the chute box of today is not the chute box from 5 or even 10 years ago.

Barboza via TKO Rd. 2.

Barboza's striking looks a lot better to me but this'll be a sick fight for sure, I'm glad this guy is at least an exciting prospect with a sick style match for the fight, not just some can.

I agree with what others have said about the opponent in the first video. He looked like he'd never even sparred before. Against the other guy who had some striking ability (but still not that good) he was getting hit a lot.

I'm not saying his striking doesn't look sick and I have no idea when these fights happened and how much he's improved since, nor do I know how old this kid is. But I do remember being more hyped on Barboza from his pre-UFC fight vids than I am on this guy and I expect Barboza to win.

man this fight is gon be crazy !! cant wait

Back