Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker Set For UFC on FOX Milwaukee

Who Wins?

• Edson Barboza

• Dan Hooker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hooker is going to meet his ceiling against Barboza

Mark my word he will finish Barboza and catapult himself in the mix. Respect to the humble man

he's looked incredible since moving to 155. sky is the limit for him.

Hooker should win this. Barboza has been completely exposed as a very limited fighter. Never progressed or built his skillset.

I like the guy and as much as I think this is a good fight , I would hate to see either guy lose especially Barboza he is unfortunate on a bit of a losing streak , Sure against the top of the division but they are still loses

Hooker should win this. Barboza has been completely exposed as a very limited fighter. Never progressed or built his skillset.
When he's forced to grapple yeah

Hooker ain't a wrestler, this could go awry for him real quick

great fighter indeed.
still,think that Vick and Hooker belongs to WW

Seriously though he’s on a fuckin tear. 5 fight win streak? I’m checking right now

Highlight reel knockout incoming for Barboza. There's levels to this. You don't get schooled by Yair then beat Barboza who is a biggest, better, just as fast version of Yair.

Typical kiwis punching far above their weight.

No surprise

Highlight reel knockout incoming for Barboza. There's levels to this. You don't get schooled by Yair then beat Barboza who is a biggest, better, just as fast version of Yair.

Wait wut

This dude fought at 145? What the absolute fuck

Hooker will take some damage, but he's smart and tough and will outlast Barboza I think, Hooker TKO R3 if I had to pick.
Yes I just checked both fighters last 4 years of fights (going back from Dec 2018 when this fight happens) and this is what that says :

Dan Hooker 8 fights: Won 6, Lost 2. (3:1 win-to-loss ratio)
Edson Barboza 9 fights: Won 5, Lost 4 (1.3:1 win-to-loss ratio) (and YES it's true that Edson has had some tough opponents for sure).

Dan Hooker won 5 of his 6 wins by KO or Sub (just one decision win)
Edson Barboza won 1 of his 5 wins by KO, and 4 decision victories.

So.... looking at each fighters last 4yrs records, you'd have to say Hooker wins, by KO or sub.
Even though Barboza is known as a striking demon it's surprisingly rare for him to actually win by KO.

He hasn't beat anyone ranked, Barboza finna get KO of the year.

Wait wut

This dude fought at 145? What the absolute fuck
Yep went 3-3 in the UFC at 145 with losses to Yair, Jason Knight and Maximo Blanco.

He's not beating Barboza.

... Why have you made this post? You’ve not made any significant point. For instance, Barboza was losing to Dariush until he scored the knee on the TD attempt. You think this says anything about his boxing pedigree?
Pettis is the only top ten win you listed, and he’s not lived up to his Wheatie’s box for some time. You don’t get to list inferior opponents as an example of how superior Barboza is and then act like you’ve played a trump card.
The question is whether Hooker is better than those fighters you listed. If he’s not, Barboza will wreck his shit, of course. I’m of the opinion that he is, and that Barboza is fucked. Randomly listing Barboza’s (frankly unimpressive) record doesn’t sway me.

I never spoke to his boxing pedigree, I more implied that fights aren’t that simple. He’s beat better boxers than himself before.

It’s too easy to negate someone’s boxing by forward pressure + wrestling, so the folks who are judging him off those performances may be off in their assessment. For example, Colby Covington’s boxing against Maia was absolute poo poo caca (and still is), and that was against the worst striker in the division. However, it doesn’t mean RDA, who’s very formidable with his hands, was able to land anything of value in a 25 minute fight where 23 minutes were spent on the feet and several minutes were spent strictly in striking range. It’s just simply more complicated than that, hence you will see Barboza’s striking and specifically his boxing has looked by far at its best when fighting other strikers, particularly rangy strikers like Hooker, who prefer to fight at a slow, methodical pace.

Hooker may very well win, that wasn’t my point. But your simplification or Barboza’s striking (spamming spinning shit won’t work on a real striker) was what I was calling out. Barboza hasn’t won 13 fights in the toughest division in the ufc, with one of the toughest schedules, by “spamming spinning shit.” He has one win by spinning shit. He leads the lw division in knockdowns and half are with his hands.

Your statement was double ironic because Hooker has fought 2 flashy strikers with less fundamentals than Edson in the last three years and was outstruck by both (but pulled out the late sub vs Diakese, props to him).

Im not going to take the time to argue with you, but for future reference, when attempting to make a valid point, check the facts. Green, Pettis, and Dariush were all top 10 at the time he beat them.

This is not a “Edson beats Hooker” post, I’m actually very high on Hooker. But on paper, Edson has beat better and Hooker has lost to far worse. Anything can happen, here is to a good fight. Cheers.

Back