Edson Barboza repping the one armed chin ups!!

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Starts at 00:21

How many of you have tried to train for the one armed chin ups/pull ups?

I usually don't have to work hard for techniques. I hit a muscle up the very first day I tried. I trained six months to do one armed chins though and still didn't have it (Tore my rotator around that point and had to put it on hold).
That's why I respect the shit out of this strength.

He hits some clean muscle ups here at 3:45

I can do muscle ups, I can't do o e arm pull ups. It would be interesting to train just for that though.

That second video....

Tire drags loaded with sum else for 30
Minutes.....ouch.

Christ the man's a grey hound. Beast. I bet it wasn't even difficult for him to attain those chins.

Very impressive..
I don't know man but every time I "try" a one arm chin up I like to think I can do one but when I get in that position where I'm hangin there with one arm It feels absolutely impossibre!! I really don't get the logistics and physics and random words of how anybody does one of those.

Very impressive..
I don't know man but every time I "try" a one arm chin up I like to think I can do one but when I get in that position where I'm hangin there with one arm It feels absolutely impossibre!! I really don't get the logistics and physics and random words of how anybody does one of those.
After six months I could do a clean negative which was progress because the first time I tried to lower down on one I about face planted.

Gotta be honest. Came in expecting the hand-on-bicep sissy version. Strong dude.

I can usually hold a lock-off at any part in the ROM, can control the negative, and can pull up from 90, but have never been able to do a full one-arm. I guess I've never put in the time.

I'm like 8 lbs heavier and 1 year removed from the last time I was working on anything like that so I'm not sure where I would be at right now.

I know a few people who can bust them out like nothing, but even among climbers it's only the strong guys who can do them.

Strong guy:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

^Ouch

OACs are always impressive. It takes a good deal of training to be able to get to that stage.

Edson is a beast no doubt about it. His physicality is not the reason why he hasn't reached contender status. Very impressive.

I can dead hang from one arm for about 5 or 6 seconds... just tried it today.

Starts at 00:21

How many of you have tried to train for the one armed chin ups/pull ups?

I usually don't have to work hard for techniques. I hit a muscle up the very first day I tried. I trained six months to do one armed chins though and still didn't have it (Tore my rotator around that point and had to put it on hold).
That's why I respect the shit out of this strength.

He hits some clean muscle ups here at 3:45

A friend of mine is one of Barboza's main training partners and says he is an absolute animal. I am a big fan of his as well.

I'm trying that on the way to work. I think I can do that for a few seconds, no way I can do a oap though.

I'm trying that on the way to work. I think I can do that for a few seconds, no way I can do a oap though.

His chin is iffy at times and seems to hesitate for the rest of the fight if someone gets the better of him, other than that he's a great fighter and extremely talented.

Nice. Train it by doing 30 seconds two hand hang (chin up and repeat) for as many cycles as you can (I've only ever gone 1 and a half mins). I can do one arm for 15, maybe 30 but it wouldn't be easy.

I can do 6 on my right arm, rocky style, where my left hand is grabbing my right wrist. I dont think it counts though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back