Edson Barboza on UFC Auckland Main Event: "I see myself 3-0 against those guys".

Don't cry if you can't finish someone.

That's the old rule. But soft ass kids like you sympathize with these new boring fighters with killer reputations.
That’s the old retarded Dana saying, people didn’t just randomly go full out in close fights “to take it out of the hands...”
Never happened, wasn’t a thing and Barboza definitely tries to finish, Felder too

Your post makes a lot of sense and I agree, but it also elucidates how clueless judges are. What is the point of being the busier, but more ineffective guy?

Edson threw 133 strikes. Paul three 174. Edson landed more (a statistical fact) and the harder shots according to everyone.

That said, I would be lying if I told you I think any of this discussion matters. A lot of people like @Liverkick-king56 try their best to make logical sense of the decision. However, these fucks (the judges) aren't looking at it logically. Remember the determining score was a 30-27 in favor of Felder at the hands of this person. She's not breaking it down like you are brother. It was hot in the arena, and she didn't know what she was watching and decide to take a shit and wipe it with her scorecard.
hqdefault.jpg

The thing is, in no round did Barboza seem busier, but how she fucked up a score card that bad.... Yikes.

Both fights against Felder were pretty competitive -- I scored the first for Barboza and the 2nd for Felder. I really don't like Barboza going down to 145 though -- perhaps I'm just using the eye test, but he is pretty cut at 155. I have never trained with him or know much about his weight management though so my opinion isn't a valuable one.

The thing is, in no round did Barboza seem busier, but how she fucked up a score card that bad.... Yikes.
Yeah but style-wise, he's not a volume guy.

For example, Poirier-Holloway was a clear decision for Poirier in my opinion. But Holloway was definitely busier in every round and landed way more strikes by the end. Not all of them are the same. That discussion usually takes place between what means more? Volume, or cleaner shots? In this case though, Edson landed both more strikes and the harder strikes, but didn't throw as many.

And yeah, she's also the same chick who scored Valentina's sister beating Roxanne which is as bad if not a worse decision than this.

Both fights against Felder were pretty competitive -- I scored the first for Barboza and the 2nd for Felder. I really don't like Barboza going down to 145 though -- perhaps I'm just using the eye test, but he is pretty cut at 155. I have never trained with him or know much about his weight management though so my opinion isn't a valuable one.
Im against it too, but who knows.

I know a lot of people at ATT and one of my close friends told me that Renato Moicano told him that Barboza walks around lighter than him. Moicano obviously was a successful FW but technically, Moicano moving up makes sense from that perspective. Edson moving down? Who knows. But he's not the biggest LW walking around at 170.

Edson "I can kick but I have no setups; I just throw fast" Barboza
Uhh, maybe you should actually watch him instead of wacking off ot conor pictures.

He sets them up - especially leg kicks - with strikes or feints or timing his opponents coming in (Rob Kaman style).

Uhh, maybe you should actually watch him instead of wacking off ot conor pictures.

He sets them up - especially leg kicks - with strikes or feints or timing his opponents coming in (Rob Kaman style).
Yes, people forget that Hooker is one of the better strikers in the division who trains with Adesanya.

On his video breaking down his fight with Edson, he is super transparent and says that the timing on the kicks was unlike anything he had ever experienced, but that they knew that going in and that his coach Eugene told him beforehand that this fight "could very well go this way". He said Barboza was on a level in the striking that he had never felt before, but that it was helpful for him to feel that because it reminds him to be more well-rounded (since you can't strike with everyone).

Not to mention the accusation of him not setting up the kicks is silly. If you watch his fight with Pettis, one person in that fight was exposed as having poor set ups and poor footwork and it wasn't barboza.

Barboza's problem has never been his technique, set ups or will to finish. He has all 3 in spades

Imo, his main problem is that his striking is only exceptionally effective in that tit-for-tat style of trading
If you don't give him the space to kick or to trade then he folds

Im against it too, but who knows.

I know a lot of people at ATT and one of my close friends told me that Renato Moicano told him that Barboza walks around lighter than him. Moicano obviously was a successful FW but technically, Moicano moving up makes sense from that perspective. Edson moving down? Who knows. But he's not the biggest LW walking around at 170.
This is actually pretty valuable info, thanks for filling me in. Moicano is a massive FW and I believe he's going up to LW himself.

Back