Edson Barboza is likable guy (octagon interview inside)

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Maybe he is gatekeeper, but now he train in ATT, so maybe he will be better and I see that he started learning english. Also humble and good for fans

Barboza was always likable . One of the most humble and respectful guys in the sport today big respect for him

Love the dude but he just can't handle high pressure wrestlers eeeeeeeek

Hope he can stay top 5 for the bulk of his career

Give him McGregor, Gaethje, or Poirier!

Always gives the fans a show and is respectful. If his next fight is with Gaethje that would be pure chaos. War Barboza!

Maybe he is gatekeeper, but now he train in ATT, so maybe he will be better and I see that he started learning english. Also humble and good for fans

What good does humble do?
Be like that irish loudmouth and talk yourself to titlefights and avoid any title defense<13>

He fight like thiago alves 2.0

But with worse boxing. So maybe thiago can help him with his boxing.

I absolutely hate the obligatory "He's actually a likeable guy" posts you get after a fighter wins and has a half decent octagon interview. I'm sure Edson Barboza is so honoured and happy he finally has the approval of "Charnel 2500 (yellow card)"

seems to be a very decent human being...Im happy for him... he had a rough moment lately...

I was happy for Saint Barboza San he needed that W

He could be the biggest asshole in the world and I’d still love him for the way he fights.

GSP should take an asshole pill. Maybe he would fight more exciting. lol

Barboza has always been chill and laid back outside of the cage. He has a very mellow, quiet demeanor. A quiet killer.

Always gives the fans a show and is respectful. If his next fight is with Gaethje that would be pure chaos. War Barboza!

everytime liked this on barboza he doesnt talk much but his fights are entertaining.

I don't trust brazilians. Their likeable character is often overplayed and insincere.

I don't trust brazilians. Their likeable character is often overplayed and insincere.
I know exactly what you mean and I can give you a real life example of a Brazilian that overplays his niceness but isn't that nice behind closed doors.

That said, I know Edson personally and he is probably the second nicest person I have ever met. He is exactly as he appears.

I know exactly what you mean and I can give you a real life example of a Brazilian that overplays his niceness but isn't that nice behind closed doors.

That said, I know Edson personally and he is probably the second nicest person I have ever met. He is exactly as he appears.
If you have first hand evidence, I take your word for it.

Thanks man.

But yeah....brazilians tend to be insincere. This is not some prejudicial claim, my BJJ brazilian teacher told me a lot of stuff like, "If a brazilian says 'drop by'" they don't really mean it. They have these pleasantries that are just social norms, my BJJ teacher was really intelligent about intercultural stuff and warned gringos before they went down there about these things.

If you have first hand evidence, I take your word for it.

Thanks man.

But yeah....brazilians tend to be insincere. This is not some prejudicial claim, my BJJ brazilian teacher told me a lot of stuff like, "If a brazilian says 'drop by'" they don't really mean it. They have these pleasantries that are just social norms, my BJJ teacher was really intelligent about intercultural stuff and warned gringos before they went down there about these things.
Yeah, I'm not Brazilian, but I know what he means. There is extra emphasis on being polite when it comes to their culture. Even on a work basis, you will here American's communicate on a professional level like...
"Hey, how's the wife and kids, how old is your son now?" and so forth.

They do it X 10, even if just as a formality. My sister says you are generally expected to remember the names of people's spouses and kids and so forth, even if they aren't close and its just someone you occasionally do business with.

Ive always hoped Barboza would get his hands on the title someday. Stand up dude and family man....I can hespect. If Bisping can do it, Barboza still has time

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not Brazilian, but I know what he means. There is extra emphasis on being polite when it comes to their culture. Even on a work basis, you will here American's communicate on a professional level like...
"Hey, how's the wife and kids, how old is your son now?" and so forth.

They do it X 10, even if just as a formality. My sister says you are generally expected to remember the names of people's spouses and kids and so forth, even if they aren't close and its just someone you occasionally do business with.

Yeah, I think I was too hard in my comment. Now I feel like a jackass, given all I know about Brazil I learned from Brazilians. They were kind enough to explain the complicated relations. Same with Chinese who I worked with: they smile and agree with you while hating your guts. They really can hide what they think and feel.

But yeah, this guy and the americans who went down to Rio (I wish I could afford), said it was great. And apparently, you are super well treated and they want to show everything, feed you cool foods and hook you up with chicks - I wouldn't complain.

Back