Edson Barboza is interested in fighting Zabit

3 rounder...it has a chance..

5 rounder...no way zabit signs dude is scared of 5 rounds but wants to be champion LOL

Zabit hasnt fought since he was the president of the USA.

What's with the Round 2 comment? Edson's not known for gassing.

Awesome fight on paper, let's make it happen!

Kind of a dumb first comment by Jose considering we just saw him still fairly fresh despite absorbing a decent amount of damage in the third round of his very recent fight.

Good showcase opportunity for Barboza. He has the star power to make it a main event, and even if Zabit takes him down at will early, Zabit is a two round fighter.

I reckon Barboza would eat him up on the feet and be able to stuff the takedowns. He'd turn Zabit into a panic wrestler.

Not that it matters as this fight is never happening anyway. Zabit is only interested in fighting Yair for some dumb ass reason or retiring.

Great fight but Zabit doesn't fight and is talking retirement.

Zabit is having surgery and is not ranked anymore. How about calling out the other guy who hasn't fought since 2019, Yair? He's still ranked in the division. I would love that fight.

Last edited:
I suspect Zabit can’t make FW anymore, at least without seriously hindering his performance.

He mentioned in one of his Russian interviews a couple of years ago that every weight cut feels like a fight on its own and makes him want to quit MMA for good. It’s kind of understandable; dude is 6’1, and he’s already 30. Imagine him cutting all that weight after a 1,5 year lay-off; yikes.

Where is Zabit training now?

Looks like he’s in Dagestan right now. Honestly, judging by his Instagram he mostly hangs out with his bros these days and milks sponsorships. I mean I can’t blame the man for taking it easy but damn, we definitely haven’t seen enough of him.

Barboza via TKO round two, make it happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back