Edson at FW become champ?

I've been saying ever since he moved down it was a good move. Not as many smothering top control guys and the extra size helps against those types. I think he's a real contender.
That's true, more of a strikers division.

Yes, I do. He 100% can fight with the best of him, if he worked on his head movement and striking defense in general, he COULD be fw champ.
Would be great to see

Wish he did it earlier. He has maybe 2 years left.
He definitely has time against him, which is his biggest enemy.

Do you think Edson at FW could become champ?

He is certainly good enough, but just think it may be a little late for him in his career.

He could run through most of the top 5 I believe

He deserves some gold
Nope. He's skilled and dangerous but has incredibly low fight IQ. He's not meant to be a champ

I think he beats Giga and Josh Emmett but yair, Zabit, Ortega, Max and the champ beat him zombie is a toss up.

0 chance. Barboza somehow hits super hard but rarely manages to finish good competition. Not only that, he doesn't have the cardio to last beyond 2 rounds, has weak wrestling, and he seems to be made of glass. No way he manages to win a 5 rounder against any legit title challenger. Edson's best shot to get a belt would be as a late replacement if someone drops out against Oliveira IMO

Last edited:
Do you think Edson at FW could become champ?

He is certainly good enough, but just think it may be a little late for him in his career.

He could run through most of the top 5 I believe

He deserves some gold

I think he could have a similar experience to Aldo if he fought Max. And Volk might give him problems too.

No big wrestlers to give him trouble

Toughest matchup would be Max

Everyone else in top 5 I'd pick him

His hands have improved tremendously. He was overrated for a while but now is a dark horse

Back