Ed's Log

edco76

huh?
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been dieting and running for the last few months and trying to lose some weight and get in shape. I was trying to do some body weight stuff and I have some adjustable db's but my local gym just re-opened so I figured I would get a little more focused on my strength training, so, I'm starting a log.

Goals Reached

Since June, I have lost 15lbs. I started at 213 and am down to 198. Would like to get to about 180-185. I'm 6' tall. 33 yr old.

I quit smoking after 19 years. Quit since May. I feel I have conquered this demon.

I graduated the Couch To 5K running plan. I ran/walked a 5k before starting the plan on June 12. I finished in 41:17. I ran another race on August 14th and finished in 33:23.

New Goals

185 lb

sub 27min 5k

Squat 250

Deadlift 350

Bench 200

Welcome to the logs! congrats on hitting your targets keep at it.

8-16-10

First day at the gym. First time I have touched a barbell in about 1 year. I was a beginner at best then.

5 min. Elliptical warm up.

Squat
45x5
65x5
95x5x5

Bench
45x5
65x5
95x5
105x5x5

Assisted Chins
5x3 (had machine on 130, have no idea what that means. I have never used this before but since I can only do about 3 unassisted chins, I decided to progress with this machine.)

Finish
12min mile on treadmill

Yeah, I know. I benched more than I squatted but after a long lay off I wanted to really just get comfortable with the motion. Bench is a little more natural but I wanted to start slow on that as well.

Nutrition
Cals- 1669
Fat- 52g
Carbs- 218g
Protein- 101

Just afew words to live by

shutupsquatblack1.gif

Just afew words to live by

shutupsquatblack1.gif

Lol figures gierrod. He is right though.

Welcome to the logs and congrats on finishing the couch to 5k plan. I need to do that.. Anyway, welcome and I see good gains in your future.

8-18-10
No workout today. Did a little leisurely swim to try and work out the DOMS. Did not work.

Nutrition
Cals- 1504
Fat- 72
Carbs- 92
Protein- 123

Actually one of my better micro days. Stayed <100 carbs went >100 protein.

Good luck in here. Make sure you talk about your shredding skills as well.

8-18-10

Workout
Warm Up
5 min Elliptical

Deadlifts
135x5x5

OHP
45x5
65x5x5

DB Rows
45x5x5

Curls
20+ whatever the fuck that lil barbell in the curl station weighs X5X3

Finish
12min mile

Notes
Had to get up at 4:30 to get this workout in pre-work so I could have quarter squated 5lbs on the easy curl bar and called this a success.

DOMS made me question my manhood all the way there but once I warmed up on the elliptical I felt a little better.

Until I got in position to DL. No bumper plates at the gym so I had to pull 135 to warm up. Or so I thought. After the pull I just felt so awkward I decided to leave it there and make that my work sets. I felt really stiff, had a problem getting my chest up and back arched. When I glanced at the mirror in set up I could see some rounding in my back which led to my hips being too low on initiation I'm sure. I hope it was a soreness issue tho and not flexibility.

Man was I sore yesterday! Luckily I had a slow day at work. Until last night anyway. Not doing a WO today. Good thing to cause I got like 2 hrs sleep last night.

8-18-10
Nutrition
Cals-1921
Fat- 82
Carbs- 206
Protein- 104

Pretty crumby day as far as food goes. Ate out for lunch and dinner. I didnt make time to pack a lunch and my wife had her wisdom teeth cut out so she didnt cook dinner.

Oh well. Could have been worse. Looking forward to tomorrows AM WO.

8-19-10

Nutrition
Cals- 1896
Fat- 66
Carbs- 150
Protein- 119

Had a couple 7&7's. Overall an ok day.

8-20-10
Warm-up
5min elliptical

Squat
45x5
65x5
95x5
110x5x5

Bench
45x5
65x5
95x5
110x5x5

Chins (assisted)
170x5
150x5
120x5x3

Finish
12min mile

Nutrition
Cals- 1810
Fat- 67
Carbs- 165
Protein- 114

Squats felt much better. I still felt really weak on the bench tho. Planned on doing 5x5 on the chins but I got a little pain in my shoulder so I bailed. Seems to be fine now tho.

Taking the weekend off.

8-23-10
Warm up
5min Elliptical

Deadlift
145x5x5

OHP
45x5
70x5x5

DB Row
35x5
50x5x5

6mph on treadmill for 7 minutes.

Another 4:30 WO. It kinda sux but is just so gratifying to be in the gym alone. Its nice to know that at the time I use to get up for work, I am driving home soaked in sweat from a WO. Hope the motivation lasts tho. I picked up an extra 1/2 shift today so that means 2 4:40 WO's this week. I think it'll be all right tho.

Deadlifts felt better today, I was sore last DL WO so I had some issues but they felt pretty good today. I really want to get my wife to go in with me and shoot some form-check vids.

Had to cut things a little short this morning. Couldt find my backpack so I was running late. Then I got to the gym and my bp was on the table at the front. My headphones were gone tho. Oh well. My own fool fault. I was suppose to do curls and run a mile but oh well.

May grab a run in the AM. Havent ran in over a week except for my 1m after WO runs.

Also, I lifted in my sock-feet this morning for the first time. I was alone so I just kicked of my shoes. Did my DL and OHP. Felt better and I think I may stick with it. Gonna try squats Wednesday. Prolly need some shoes but I need some new running shoes first.

Just a tip maybe you should reply to peoples comments you might get some good tips with your training.

Just a tip maybe you should reply to peoples comments you might get some good tips with your training.

True. Guess I didnt realize I had ignored people.

I did reply to yours tho lol

I no its just i try to reply to everyone who posts in my log but good luck with the training pal i will keep an eye on your progress.

Congrats on starting out with your plan, hope you'll get to your goals, and surpass them. :D

The training plan looks good, but
my advice would be upping your protein intake a little as far as nutrition goes, if you can manage with your schedule (looks pretty tough).

Congrats on starting out with your plan, hope you'll get to your goals, and surpass them. :D

The training plan looks good, but
my advice would be upping your protein intake a little as far as nutrition goes, if you can manage with your schedule (looks pretty tough).

Yeah, it is tough. Especially on work days. It may be about to go up quite a bit tho. I have an intestinal disease (Ulcerative Colitis). Every year or so I have a flare up that requires either huge doses of meds, or an insanely strict diet. I'm hoping to get it quelled this time with diet. The diet doesnt really "require" protein but its very restrictive to pretty much anything else so I usually eat a lot while im on it.

Back