Edmund corner transcript for Rousey Vs. Nunes

Clear Winner

Big Poppa Pars
@Steel
Reaction score
Here’s what Tarverdyan (and later, UFC President Dana White) said:

Tarverdyan: Make her miss, miss, miss! She’ll fade. Be patient! Pick your moments!

Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! Head movement! Yes, move! Hands up! Hands up! Catch her! Please! Head Movement, good jab! Move, move! Move, please! Move, move, move, clinch, clinch, clinch! CLINCH! CLINCH! CLINCH! No! NO! NO! NO! NO! Move out!

(pounding sound)

Move, (expletive)!

<mma4>

The fight was stopped as he was screaming "Clinch!" I believe he even said it after it was done.

This is a example of the blind leading the blind.

She just would not listen

At least telling her to clinch qualifies as a specific strategic instruction. Usually he just rambles general nonsense like "be strong" and "be fast" and shit like that. I guess maybe he's improving...a little?

"CLINCH CLINCH CLINCH *voice breaks a bit* CLIIINCH!!!!"

And Rousey was like
raw

this proves that he is a good coach. all of that advice is solid, its not his fault ronda wouldnt listen.

you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink

Edmund is now going to lobby for Time Outs in MMA.

In all fairness he had a point with "head movement".

At least he wasn't scraming random shit like "Be glorious, feel the power, be one with yourself and the cage".

He started say head movement before she threw hew first punch. This tells me this is something they have worked on and she is stubborn as hell. Hence why he stared so early to remind her

He tells his fighter what to do but the fighter doesn't have the skills to follow his instructions.
As a trainer/coach it's your job to know what your fighter is capable of. To tell your fighter to do things she can't do is a terrible job.

He tells his fighter what to do but the fighter doesn't have the skills to follow his instructions.
As a trainer/coach it's your job to know what your fighter is capable of. To tell your fighter to do things she can't do is a terrible job.

Maybe teaching her angles and head movement might have been a good idea.

Most obvious outcome ever. Ronda was way shook before she even entered the ring. I was pretty damn certain about early tko in this one.

This is fake!!!
Actually he said
Beautiful, beautiful. You are doing beautiful. beeeaaaauuuutiiifullll.

Back