Edmon is really not doing himself any favors?

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by sonnysaggese, Sep 26, 2013.

1. sonnysaggese

sonnysaggese Blue Belt

Honestly after watching this show I think Ronda should switch camps. Manny seems to be the only one with a clue, or true coaching mentality there. Is anyone in California watching this and saying "I really want that guy to be my coach?" It's hard to judge someone from TUF, but from what I have seen he is making a fool of himself, especially as a coach. TUF is a great opportunity for a coach to showcase their style, and ability. I think of how impressive Matt Serra was as a fighter/coach on the show. This guy is doing the exact opposite, just yelling and ranting and backing down from fights he is instigating. Manny, on the other hand, seems like a nice guy, and good coach.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. brownbelt1990

brownbelt1990 Green Belt

I agree, but Manny showed back on his season of TUF that he was pretty level headed when that whole shit with Karo and Nate happened.

3. tgo007

tgo007 Brown Belt

Not really fair to evaluate how effective he is at coaching by his outbursts.

If Freddie roach was a nutjob outside of training, he'd still be a good trainer regardless.

4. Drake

Drake Guest

That dude needs his ass kicked.

5. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt Platinum Member

Stop talking about him. It's the best way to keep him irrelevant.

6. dbnoho

dbnoho Orange Belt

Now, I write this knowing full well that some person getting an associates degree at some college I've never heard of in god forsaken Boise Idaho is going to get offended, I have to say. The dude is Armenian's. Armenian's are like Super Italian's with the machismo. When I lived in North Hollywood and would run into either neighbors of the occasional person from Gokor's gym, they are outrageous man. So, Edmund isn't really acting much different than say, everyone he grew up around. I don't know when those people got the chip on their shoulder, maybe it's when the Turks and Assyrian's tried offing them all back in 1912 but they have been pissed off, brooding and starting fights with everyone ever since. Again, before someone gets butt hurt, that does not mean all. But I will say by and large.

Also, look at Rhonda, she is constantly threatening and throwing tantrums, and her coach does the same. People gravitate towards like minded people. All gyms have that. And the results show, that mindset works for her, look at her performances.

That all aside. It's TV. It's acting. My guess is the second the camera's are off they are throwing around high five's and saying, "gott'em" but that's how I view reality TV. I don't know how aware people are, but it's fake. They reenact scene's and have writers for shows. I can't promise that this show does, but I can promise that many do. So, going with the theory that shows are fake, I will say this one has it too.

7. tgo007

tgo007 Brown Belt

Definitely not fake, but editing can change the scene completely.

8. bjjwar

bjjwar Brown Belt

Lol at this.Manny lost his sh** when someone wrote his team sucked on the wall and when he knew who it was,he acted like a wuss and got scared.

Those armenian guys on the show look horrible.There was another one in GSP's season who acted like a dick too and got destroyed.Those guys act all though and when the other guy doesn't back down they transform into girls.

People would respect them more if they didn't act like morons.

9. JJWrestler

JJWrestler Blue Belt

Floyd Mayweather Sr.
    Roger Mayweather

10. brownbelt1990

brownbelt1990 Green Belt

I totally forgot about the signage on the wall incident, I withdraw my previous statement. I now remember him being super fired up and the rest of his team at that point essentially not caring anymore

11. quietwalker

quietwalker Priest of Hiroshima

Yeah if i remember correctly Manny came off like a hot headed little man on TUFF. Who was the other Armo the next year who had to leave the show cause he blew his shoulder or something and went off like a lunatic? Luckily i forgot his name as did the rest of the world i'm sure.

TUFF hasn't exactly been a showcase for Armenian men being level headed professionals, especially the ones coming out of North Hollywood.

12. TheNinja

TheNinja Gold Belt

You also have to remember that was in 2007. He might have matured some since then. From the little we've seen from him this season, he appears to have the patience and composure of someone like Rich Franklin compared to Edmond and Rhonda.

13. quietwalker

quietwalker Priest of Hiroshima

Absolutely.

14. hypocalking

hypocalking Gold Belt

Not true. That shit carries over into training whether you want it to or not.

15. tgo007

tgo007 Brown Belt

^

I don't think you can make that assumption.

You would think so, but it's not like they're surrounded by drama daily. Only because of this rare instance being close to Miesha and her staff.