Edmen Shahbazyan is a real THREAT in the MW Division

• Thread starter Deleted member 567183
  • Start date
We should not sleep on Brunson because he is a beast too and he only lost to the elite fighters like Izzy,Silva whittaker and Jacare in the UFC
Agreed, he’s getting pretty old but he is a solid fighter and will obviously be Ed’s toughest test

His Record is perfect 11-0 10 of his fights have come by way of KO/TKO in the 1st ROUND i mean HOLYSHIT who can stop him but he should win at least 3 fights before challenging for the title i put this thread because i watch his fight with Tavares he finished Brad in the 1st round even IZZY could not finish tavares Izzy won by decision no one had finish Tavares except whittaker and Boetsch Edmen in my opinion could be the next big thing in the UFC
I hope you're right - UFC needs some upper crust contenders at middle. After Izz and Costa, father time nipping at the heels of yoel - we have respected welters that have come up and done well but it's just not enough. Who is his next fight, anyways ?

Edmen is managed by Ronda Rousey's One Fight Management....

What a shit name is this? A management that you only have for one fight or what....

I hope you're right - UFC needs some upper crust contenders at middle. After Izz and Costa, father time nipping at the heels of yoel - we have respected welters that have come up and done well but it's just not enough. Who is his next fight, anyways ?
He was supposed to fight Derek Brunson at 249. I think it still makes sense.

Yes, Edmen is truly a dark horse of the division and he's not getting the attention he deserves IMO.
I made a bunch of threads about him, truth is he still didn't got tje major fight for the average fan to know him but from what i've seem he's already champ material

Idk man, needs to be tested by elite wrestler. His striking is sharp though for sure. They should take there time with him and not rush him Up ladder like they did with Walker and Till
He was supposed to fight brunson but i don't know if thats still on

Actually Jared is the dark horse of the division right now
I don't think man, i think the term dark horse is someone who is great but not many people know them. Jared is great and he's pretty well know so i would put him as a contender not a dark horse. Burns was a darkhorse before the tyron fight as an example

I wanna see him vs Vettori.

He is very young, when Adensanya will be 40, Edmen will be 31 or 32.

Didn't he go to split decision with Darren Stewart? From what I remember, he was scared to death to stand with Darren.

He’s gonna likely lost to Brunson, who is still really durable
Cardio will be an issue for him in a grappling heavy match unless he puts Brunson out right away which isn’t extremely likely

He’s 22 years old

he’s a completely different fighter than the one you saw in his debut

obviously he struggled with conditioning in his debut it was actually his first fight ever to go past the 3:00 Mark

in fact his other 4 UFC fights he’s also ended them in under 2 1/2 mins

he’s learned a lot from that fight

Didn't he go to split decision with Darren Stewart? From what I remember, he was scared to death to stand with Darren.

Well I wouldn’t say he was scared to death but he was a 21 year old kid making a debut - the strategy was clearly to use the wrestling and put him on his butt

all the grappling sort of gassed him out - lot of was learned from that fight

He’s 22 years old

he’s a completely different fighter than the one you saw in his debut

obviously he struggled with conditioning in his debut it was actually his first fight ever to go past the 3:00 Mark

in fact his other 4 UFC fights he’s also ended them in under 2 1/2 mins

he’s learned a lot from that fight
It’s more about Brunson actually, I completely agree his debut is long past him, I just think Brunson durability, cardio and experience will be a handful

It’s more about Brunson actually, I completely agree his debut is long past him, I just think Brunson durability, cardio and experience will be a handful

its definitely an interest fight - likely will take place fully on the feet

I think Brunson probably holds advantages in all those areas you mentioned

however edmen much longer , faster , and has a lot more varied attack

its definitely an interest fight - likely will take place fully on the feet

I think Brunson probably holds advantages in all those areas you mentioned

however edmen much longer , faster , and has a lot more varied attack
I think that Brunson will look to grapple only for the most part outside of a bit of prodding on the outside, he surely will worry about being finished on the feet and will look to grind Edmen and “take him deep”

Back