Edmen Shabazyan's weakness is...

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Edmen's weakness is

• NOT Stand-up striking - technically, Edmen was decent. He was getting the better of the exchanges in round 1 against Brunson.
  • NOT In the clinch, he did ok.
  • Takedown defense was a bit below average (Brunson's takedown attempts weren't very strong, but Edmen couldn't defend them). But this wasn't a glaring weakness that cost him the fight.

What is wrong with this picture?​
Untitled-1-copy.jpg

Edmen has the same fundamental (nontechnical) weakness that Rousey and many martial artists in the Judo discipline have. Do you know what it is? :cool:

Edit: everyone who said cardio is correct!

Some examples of top Judo fighters with average to below average cardio:

1. Dong Hyun Kim (aka "DHK")
2. Hector Lombard
3. Karo Parisyan

4. Ronda Rousey
5. Satoshi Ishii (Judo gold medalist; fights in Bellator, PFL, Rizin)
6. Sokoudjou
7. Yoshihiro Akiyama (aka "Sexyama")​

Question: Do you agree that one of the fundamental weaknesses of Judo fighters is cardio?

If so, why do Judo fighters often have problems with cardio, while many wrestlers do not?

Last edited:
Edmen's weakness is
  • NOT Stand-up striking - technically, Edmen was decent. He was getting the better of the exchanges in round 1 against Brunson.
  • Takedown defense was a bit below average (Brunson's takedown attempts weren't very strong, but Edmen couldn't defend them). But this wasn't a glaring weakness that cost him the fight.
However, this was what I noticed at the end of round 1...

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

Edmen has the same fundamental (nontechnical) weakness that Rousey and many martial artists in the Judo discipline have.

Do you know what it is? :cool:

(likes for the correct answer. Extra likes for an explanation on why this is a fundamental weakness among Judo practitioners.)
one five minute round in him, cause that's what you train for as the length of a judo match?

Edmen's weakness is
However, this was what I noticed at the end of round 1...

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

Edmen has the same fundamental (nontechnical) weakness that Rousey and many martial artists in the Judo discipline have.

Do you know what it is? :cool:

(likes for the correct answer. Extra likes for an explanation on why this is a fundamental weakness among Judo practitioners.)
lack of melanin in his skin?

Neither he nor his team thought that any of his fights would go past a round?

Neither he nor his team thought that any of his fights would go past a round?
Did you know that Edmen was advocating for a 5 round match? Brunson turned it down apparently. That made me think his cardio was going to be better than I thought lmao. I'm happy I went with my gut and put money on Brunson.

Did you know that Edmen was advocating for a 5 round match? Brunson turned it down apparently. That made me think his cardio was going to be better than I thought lmao. I'm happy I went with my gut and put money on Brunson.
You put coin on him to win via finish? Somone said they had +650 line for a Brunson victory via stoppage.

Back