Editorial Demands New Agility Testing After Liddell Fight Sanctioned

Is CSAC testing for 40+ fighters adequate?

• Total voters
"Knockout power comes from speed"

Just from this you can tell the author knows shit about punching.

George Foreman, Rocky Marciano, Earnie Shavers, Chuck...slowness is almost a defining characteristic of power punchers.

This version of Chuck is an entirely different level of slowness. When you're THAT slow, it doesn't matter how strong you are because there's no pop at all.

Aging can not deny science, why not just put a reasonable age (doesn’t take science to figure out a reasonable fair age even if it doesn’t catch-all): 45?

No one over 45 should be fighting and he’ll 45 is way pushing it

Please stop with the “but Randy Couture bro!”

Even a durable late bloomer like Hendo retired by age 46 so to have cut him off at 45 wouldn’t have been unfair

I personally would vouch for 40 as the cutoff

U don’t see old athletes in other sports unless it’s golf or bowling or the tail end of a great quarterbacks career maybe if even

Funny to see so many calling for more regulation yet scream at USADA. Be careful what you wish for folks.

Yes, the examinations are too lax. Hand-eye coordination is manageable from a 400 pounder, yet such a dude couldn't compete against a guy like Tito. He could pass his cardio and neurological tests as well. These have nothing to do with determining ability to perform in combat sports. Mobility tests do.

Agreed.

Anyone claiming to be outraged at GB MMA and oscar but are cool with the UFC allowing Punk to fight or with the whole Floyd vs CONor fight (49-0 all time great vs 0-0 bum with no verifiable boxing experience). Is just trying to seem like they give a shit.

If the money is enough they'll make it happen.
i think the point is there should be a line based on level of fight dementia maybe? stop equating it based on skill or experience. that's not the point. the point is chuck is clearly diminished.

Aging can not deny science, why not just put a reasonable age (doesn’t take science to figure out a reasonable fair age even if it doesn’t catch-all): 45?

No one over 45 should be fighting and he’ll 45 is way pushing it

Please stop with the “but Randy Couture bro!”

Even a durable late bloomer like Hendo retired by age 46 so to have cut him off at 45 wouldn’t have been unfair

I personally would vouch for 40 as the cutoff

U don’t see old athletes in other sports unless it’s golf or bowling or the tail end of a great quarterbacks career maybe if even
you can't have an age cutoff. it would be illegal. and it really isn't appropriate either.

Two fights involving CM Punk were sanctioned. I'm pretty sure they'd sanction a fight between a famous toddler and Anderson Silva, if the money was right.

They have a long way to go before worrying about the safety of actual fighters.
Yeah, two fights against other inexperienced fighters. And even then, that's not comparable. There's a difference between evaluating a skill level and one's physical health

George Foreman, Rocky Marciano, Earnie Shavers, Chuck...slowness is almost a defining characteristic of power punchers.

Don't forget Hunt and Hendo!

As long as fights take place between consenting adults, mind your fucking business.

u5l1e6.gif

With as little faith as I have in USADA (for example) the thought of states basically conducting field sobriety tests on senior citizen MMA fighters is downright comical to me.

Rocky looked pretty good vs Mason "the line" Dixon and the commission didn't wanna let him fight. He lost a very competitive SD.
Pisses me off to this day. Balboa won that fight. It was clear in the later round montages that he was landing more.

It’s easy to criticize in hindsight

You lost me when you said Tito vs Chuck was worse then Ali vs Berbick. Dumb rant Points metre broke on that, sorry.

Where is this guy when bj gets beaten up?

Back